What ever happened to David Holmes?

ger50champ

Another fond memory of him was him toasting the Rangers fans on sportscene that Saturday evening after we won the league at Pittodrie.

Yes mate ,ive got that on old vhs tape. Would be great to transfer it so the younger guys can remember him the way he should be remembered.

He galvanised the club when our club was on its knees is 1985.

Maybe when Murray was in charge it didnt fit with his ego to be mentioning his name or bringing him back to the ground.

That era is now over and i feel David Holmes should be acknowledged by the club very soon

I can remember meeting him outside the front door at Ibrox with my Dad and he was a TRUE GENT. Asking me who my favourite player was and taking some time to just chat away with FANS. I never forget his understated but earth shatterring "Ladies and Gentleman the new Player Manager of Rangers Football Club....Greame Souness.." Wow.. just got some goosebumps.. I would Love to see him on the park, performing the half time draw. Excellent thread.. Thank You Mr Holmes.

I was still at school, and I can remember all the kids who went home at lunchtime coming running into school telling everybody Souness was the new player manager. Graeme feckin' Souness!!!!!! Perked things up no end that afternoon in school!

Yep, I was one of the lucky ones at shitodrie in 87, 13yr old at the time. One of the greatest days ever at the football and Mr Holmes played no small part in that. Always mind coming in one evening to be told by my mum that Souness was our new manager, fekin blew me away.

David Holmes, this Bear salutes you.

I remember David Holmes coming in and thinking who is this guy. He was quiet, well mannered, slightly softly spoken as I remember but I soon learn who this guys was, he let his actions speak for him and did not appear to want the limelight, just focus on the Rangers. Thank you Mr Holmes.

I remember David Holmes coming in and thinking who is this guy. He was quiet, well mannered, slightly softly spoken as I remember but I soon learn who this guys was, he let his actions speak for him and did not appear to want the limelight, just focus on the Rangers. Thank you Mr Holmes.

You don't necessarily need to talk loudly to get the message across (No offence Mr Green!). Its the empty vessels that make the most noise. Step forward Craig Shyte...............

Holmes was what we needed at the time. Many a friend lives in a (Beazer Homes) house built by Mr Holmes!

You don't necessarily need to talk loudly to get the message across (No offence Mr Green!). Its the empty vessels that make the most noise. Step forward Craig Shyte...............

Holmes was what we needed at the time. Many a friend lives in a (Beazer Homes) house built by Mr Holmes!

Hope that's not a dig at our Charles