Quoting on here is outta control.

bluesbro1976

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok here is the thing. When each individual opens a thread and reads, which i always do from the start so as to get the balance of the debate, why do people feel the need to requote the opening post, or further posts in their entirity? Most people will have an overall balance of what has been said, well sayin that sometimes a comment or fact has been stated several times, and people still come in wi , eh what about this and that.?

Its ok to quote maybe certain parts in which you are referring that previous poster to any any future post, but is there any real need to continually drag out whole gambets of previous quotes ? ? It does my head in, esp with some of the info that is on here, it can run into numerous paragraphs, then you scroll down and down and down, only for you to get to the bottom of the page, no further forward......

Waits for the requotes haha.

you must have the easiest life if this is a big stress!

Ok here is the thing. When each individual opens a thread and reads, which i always do from the start so as to get the balance of the debate, why do people feel the need to requote the opening post, or further posts in their entirity? Most people will have an overall balance of what has been said, well sayin that sometimes a comment or fact has been stated several times, and people still come in wi , eh what about this and that.?

Its ok to quote maybe certain parts in which you are referring that previous poster to any any future post, but is there any real need to continually drag out whole gambets of previous quotes ? ? It does my head in, esp with some of the info that is on here, it can run into numerous paragraphs, then you scroll down and down and down, only for you to get to the bottom of the page, no further forward......

Hmmmmm interesting points

This (tu)

It's a bit annoying when people quote a long post just to post (tu) , but it used to be a hell of a lot worse. Threads without quoting would make absolutely be sense, nobody would know who was replying to whom, or what point they were referring to.

(tu)

Be more specific.

I personally don't have problems with quotes. I have more issues with people starting threads for no real reason. sometimes 7 or 8 threads going at the same time with the same subjuct( please no more Aly has to go threads). Even kept me out the Bears den for

awhile with my "condition".