UB again another own goal

BEARGER

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think fans are right to voice their opinions however I am kinda against twitter, fb etc as it creates a deadly mix for players getting e,broiled in public. Think a lot of players forget that they are open to the world on these sites and because some spend so much time on it fans will always pick up on that. I couldn't imagine Goram, Gazza, ian ferguson etc with these kind of publicity exposure in their playing days as it woulda been deadly!!

I'd rather any banners at Ibrox referred to the club and its football - nothing political.

Why? Because bringing politics in to Ibrox weakens the argument against the unwashed doing the same. They are renowned for their "It's not pro terrorist or sectarian banners/songs - it's political" When we really know your average dhim would struggle to point out Ireland on a map or voice an opinion on Scottish or UK politics.

I'd rather any banners at Ibrox referred to the club and its football - nothing political.

Why? Because bringing politics in to Ibrox weakens the argument against the unwashed doing the same. They are renowned for their "It's not pro terrorist or sectarian banners/songs - it's political" When we really know your average dhim would struggle to point out Ireland on a map or voice an opinion on Scottish or UK politics.

Politics and Religion is what makes Scottish football interesting, Without both in our football it would be even more dire than what it is the now!

Also for some reason Scottish folk think we are the only country in the world it happens in....clueless!

As for the snp thing I will leave that for another day.

Footballers, especially high profile ones need to be more astute as any slip up or stupid post is going to be pounced on by the fans.

If our players are going to use social media then they also have to use the head.