Is there any truth in this

marka1979

I just seen on some of the rangers pages on facebook that the spl lawyers harper mcleod has sent a letter to rangers demanding £500,000 for the ebt investigation. Is there any truth in this or is this just a wind up from yesterday. Sorry i cant copy and paste it as im using my phone to post.

I just seen on some of the rangers pages on facebook that the spl lawyers harper mcleod has sent a letter to rangers demanding £500,000 for the ebt investigation. Is there any truth in this or is this just a wind up from yesterday. Sorry i cant copy and paste it as im using my phone to post.

Oh I hope its true, despite it being 1st April yesterday, as I would love to watch CG reaction to that !

If they have I hope our reply is as follows.

Dear fatty,

I think you will have a better chance getting the money from Neil Doncaster or a Nigerian warlord. If you feel otherwise we will happily see you back in court sweating profusely and struggling for breath. And on the receiving end of yet another thumping.

P.S. We have saw fit to charge you £1.05 for the get well soon card and postage stamp we sent you while you were lying in hospital, attached is an invoice for that amount and we will consider the matter closed upon receival of payment.

Go play with the traffic lard arse,

Rangers.

I strongly doubt its true but would love to see CG's reaction if he did get that bill.

Routine application for costs against the losing party

The Scottish Premier League has confirmed that it is seeking legal costs claimed to exceed £500,000 for the costs of the Lord Nimmo Smith inquiry from the legal entity that is Rangers.

The commission was set up to investigate the use of employee benefit trusts, and ultimately decided that the entity did not gain any unfair competitive advantage from the player payment arrangements, and that no sporting sanction or penalty should be imposed.

The entity was found to have contravened disclosure rules, and a fine of £250,000 was imposed. The SPL is now seeking the legal costs of the inquiry from the legal entity that is Rangers.

The claims came to light in a blog posting widely circulated via social media channels.

The Scottish Premier League confirmed to The Firm that the blog’s payment claim was correct, although it did not verify whether the amount claimed was accurate.

“There has been a routine application for costs given that the case was successfully pursued by the SPL,” a spokesman for the SPL told The Firm this afternoon.

The SPL set up the commission to investigate financial, contractual and other arrangements between Rangers and its players between November 2000 and May 2011.

Harper Macleod, who represent the SPL would not confirm or deny the claims. In a statement issued via its PR and Communications Manager, Harper Macleod told The Firm: “We do not comment on legal issues relating to any of our clients.”

If they did hit Rangers with this bill I think the Club should offer to pay it but only under the condition that a tribunal pour over the books at Parkhead. Something tells me Celtic wouldn't want that to happen for some reason. (tu)

Routine application for costs against the losing party

The Scottish Premier League has confirmed that it is seeking legal costs claimed to exceed £500,000 for the costs of the Lord Nimmo Smith inquiry from the legal entity that is Rangers.

The commission was set up to investigate the use of employee benefit trusts, and ultimately decided that the entity did not gain any unfair competitive advantage from the player payment arrangements, and that no sporting sanction or penalty should be imposed.

The entity was found to have contravened disclosure rules, and a fine of £250,000 was imposed. The SPL is now seeking the legal costs of the inquiry from the legal entity that is Rangers.

The claims came to light in a blog posting widely circulated via social media channels.

The Scottish Premier League confirmed to The Firm that the blog’s payment claim was correct, although it did not verify whether the amount claimed was accurate.

“There has been a routine application for costs given that the case was successfully pursued by the SPL,” a spokesman for the SPL told The Firm this afternoon.

The SPL set up the commission to investigate financial, contractual and other arrangements between Rangers and its players between November 2000 and May 2011.

Harper Macleod, who represent the SPL would not confirm or deny the claims. In a statement issued via its PR and Communications Manager, Harper Macleod told The Firm: “We do not comment on legal issues relating to any of our clients.”

The matter relates to the Oldco so let them send a bill to BDO.