Billy Reid: The kind of guy we need

Guest Andypendek

Couldn't do any worse than Ally.

Coisty would have been better in the job if he'd had a similar management upbringing to Reid, by that I mean a couple of clubs in the lower divisions before the big job.

like walter and souness did? it did them and us no harm that they had never managed before!

Some number 12 you are. Fortunately there are supporters who aren't brainwashed with negative people like yourself and see the bigger picture. Ally is a novice manager near the start of his managerial career and has been hindered by the SFA, SPL and individual teams who wanted to see us dead. Still won the division with weeks to spare. Some players are shite, akin to the stuff you spout, but we follow the team in their hour of need, not turn on our own!

Am i lying or something?

I think the addition of an experienced coach from the lower leagues wouldn't be a bad thing but the thread on

Pie & Bovril
is full of posts saying this is a good move which happened too late, talking about how crowds have halved in a year partly because of his insistence on playing one upfront with no width.

I still think he could be a good addition to our coaching staff if a change was made and he would take it IMO. Derek Adams left a number one job at Ross County to be number two at Hibs.

Left Hamilton in midweek after about 8 years iirc.

I'm still behind Ally but I think offering Billy Reid a job either as coach or assistant manager would be perfect for us. Knowledge of the lower leagues, excellent at developing players, tries to play football. For some reason I seem to think he is a Bluenose as well.

I dunno if he would fancy not being a boss but if you don't ask...

I like billy, he seems to play football in the right way and has given alot of youngsters a chance with alot of onfield and financial return.....I think the Hamilton youth set up though deserves the credit for the players they have produced....maybe as an assistant to ally on a short term basis it may be useful but I definetly don't see him as a manager!

We need coaches who will go out on the training field and get their boots dirty, not standing and watching players tell jokes and stretch all day.

That's what I want, maybe it's just me though..

you know jack shit, well you know it all if you get ma drift.

I'm still behind Ally but I think offering Billy Reid a job either as coach or assistant manager would be perfect for us. Knowledge of the lower leagues, excellent at developing players, tries to play football. For some reason I seem to think he is a Bluenose as well.

A coach maybe - he brought through some greta young players at Hamilton.

No danger as a boss though!

People can say what they like about Billy Reid, imo he's one of the few Brits that I know of that has a reputation of taking youth, making it play with style and purpose and improving it.

I would prefer we went foreign for such an approach but if it were a Brit his name should be a contender.

Unless we are all backing the philosophy of buy our way to the top and blow money where it's not needed to scrape by playing shite with no purpose,....I don't see why his name would offend.

Brits what an odd choice of word.

With the exception.of the two at Wigan I can't really think.if anyone else that's came though at Hamilton and.moved on for bigger and better