Naive and so quick to jump

legalbeagle

There are some fantastic posters on here, intelligent and thoughtful people who deal with rumours sceptically, and then explain the legalities behind a variety of different scenarios.

Unfortunately they are often drowned out by others who either are following an agenda, panic or whatever.

I am pleading with those people to take a step back the next time and think about the story and the source. We should always be vigilant and hold our people to account, but we should also give them the benefit of the doubt in the first instance.

We all love our club, we need stability and to continue our recovery from our lowest ebb.

There are some fantastic posters on here, intelligent and thoughtful people who deal with rumours sceptically, and then explain the legalities behind a variety of different scenarios.

Unfortunately they are often drowned out by others who either are following an agenda, panic or whatever.

I am pleading with those people to take a step back the next time and think about the story and the source. We should always be vigilant and hold our people to account, but we should also give them the benefit of the doubt in the first instance.

We all love our club, we need stability and to continue our recovery from our lowest ebb.

Excellent post.

I hope my thread about Green not attending the game wasn't seen as me joining in with the hysterics. I was mainly saying it because of the potential of the hysterical reactions creeping into the match day.

Not at all mate, you're in the first paragraph category (even though I know we disagree on other issues!)

Hence the reason i have taken a back seat from this.Firstly ANY eye catching story is jumped upon by the media,esp. about Scotlands most talked about club.Just let this unfold,and keep supporting,starting tomorrow v Clyde............WATP.

Guest Andypendek

Oh come on, this is not a reasoned symposium for fact based speculative discussions - it's a free access fitba messageboard which allows us to pour all the rubbish we normally annoy our wives/gf's with into the internet instead.

I mean, you are right to a large degree, but you're asking for something that is just never going to happen.

Maybe you should stop worrying about what the tims think or say and leave gers fans alone to discuss whatever we want. Or do you mean we should sit back do or think fuck all, while someone else does it for us? Who is it I should listen to? Do we have a list? What makes them in the know or is it their thoughts are just agreeable with yours? Just wish there was a place you could go as a gers fan to talk and openly discuss everything to do with rangers including rumours, ohh wait a minute...

... and in evaluating any rumour take a wee look at what else may be happening around the same time ? League reconstruction, Whytes Ticketus case, TV money even?

Trust, but verify! - not a bad motto for these times.

Maybe you should stop worrying about what the tims think or say and leave gers fans alone to discuss whatever we want. Or do you mean we should sit back do or think fuck all, while someone else does it for us? Who is it I should listen to? Do we have a list? What makes them in the know or is it their thoughts are just agreeable with yours? Just wish there was a place you could go as a gers fan to talk and openly discuss everything to do with rangers including rumours, ohh wait a minute...

If you are happy with people flying off the handle with every rumour then good luck to you.

Last night is only an example of the rush to believe a rumour from a very dodgy source, and going absolutely mental.

We should definitely discuss these things, but I find it curious that people believe the rumours and don't give people at the club the benefit of the doubt in the first instance. Why would anyone believe CW ahead of CG?

For the record, I don't care what 'others' think, but I do worry that false stories can lead to either some groups trying to take their own personal advantage, or fans panicking and losing faith in the club and how it is run, at a time when we need to be as strong and unified as possible.

If something is proven that we can't live with, then I have no problem in people calling for someone's head, but not until then.

PS: I disagree with a lot of posters on a lot of issues, but I still respect their intelligence, knowledge and love for the club.