Civil War Beckons

Nemesis

Following yesterday's display of guts and integrity by Roy & Stuart we've now had a day to digest the various comments.

Up till now we have seen a mini cabal consisting of Celtic, Hibs, Dundee Utd and Aberdeen.

They kept a united front with the 'no Plan B' and 'now or never' charade,

Then things started to go wrong for them. First we had Liewells 'not palatable' threat then the increasingly hysterical comments from Thompson and Milne.

Cracks began to appear. Hell they were even desperate enough to offer the fake compromise on voting structure.

Then they lost and the starting bell for chaos sounded.

Watcg them now rip each other to bits. They will now adopt the 'when the lion is chasing us i dont need to be fastesr. I just need to be faster than you' approach.

All vestige of working together will be ripped assunder.

Enjoy the carnage bears. Its gonna be vicious and bloody.

There only option now is to dissolve the SPL but that leaves them starting from scratch re television, commercial deals etc. Not to mention the compo they would owe the SFL.

Gonna be an interesting summer!

Following yesterday's display of guts and integrity by Roy & Stuart we've now had a day to digest the various comments.

Up till now we have seen a mini cabal consisting of Celtic, Hibs, Dundee Utd and Aberdeen.

They kept a united front with the 'no Plan B' and 'now or never' charade,

Then things started to go wrong for them. First we had Liewells 'not palatable' threat then the increasingly hysterical comments from Thompson and Milne.

Cracks began to appear. Hell they were even desperate enough to offer the fake compromise on voting structure.

Then they lost and the starting bell for chaos sounded.

Watcg them now rip each other to bits. They will now adopt the 'when the lion is chasing us i dont need to be fastesr. I just need to be faster than you' approach.

All vestige of working together will be ripped assunder.

Enjoy the carnage bears. Its gonna be vicious and bloody.

There only option now is to dissolve the SPL but that leaves them starting from scratch re television, commercial deals etc. Not to mention the compo they would owe the SFL.

Gonna be an interesting summer!

And they'll still blame Rangers for this debacle !

There is no civil war. Just mindless bullying of St Mirren and RC (to a much lesser effect). To be honest i wish Rangers made no statement at all.

Agreed, the statement from Rangers yesterday IMO just fanned the flames re our supposed involvement in St Mirrens decision.

I think they will look to the first division teams to break away from the SFL. D1 teams are the most disappointed as they stood to gain with this reconstruction, just goes to show you, that's its all about the cash and winning the title means nothing as if they went ahead they would never be a D1 champion again, so they could not care what would actually be good for Scottish football. There is nothing to stop the spread of cash but on the other hand why would the SPL spread the cash as they have nothing to bribe them with now unless they create this SPL2 but what would be the point of this??? or is it just about controlling Scottish Football by one club or are the 4 clubs push the reconstruction on a power trip???

Agreed, the statement from Rangers yesterday IMO just fanned the flames re our supposed involvement in St Mirrens decision.

Only if you ignore the fact that the finger was already being pointed at us before the statement was released.

Nothing honourable about cowering away.

There is no civil war. Just mindless bullying of St Mirren and RC (to a much lesser effect). To be honest i wish Rangers made no statement at all.

Rangers are damned if they do and damned if they don't! Fuck the slimy cabal I personally am looking forward to the demise of at least two SPL clubs before the year is out.....Paybacks a bitch!!

The SFL clubs have nothing to break away to. Thats the whole point.

They need the SPL to allow them in to an expanded league. As it stands the SPL dont have the votes to allow it.

The SFL clubs wld need to serve there notice as there is nothing on the table to compensate everyone else.

Its also became evident the SPL are skint.

Dissolution of SPL where they set up a whole new league is the only way but then i imagine St Mirren etc would have grounds to sue.

Not to mention the much heralded tv deal is defunct as it was signed with a company who have been dissolved.

Hell mend em all

Ross County and St Mirren are self sustaining - no big wages yet achieve good league position and win a cup.

the likes of hivs, scumdee and the cattle molesters need that TV money to fund their players and empty grounds. they will be the first to fall. ICT, Ross County and St Mirren i expect will surge to the top 6 positions over the next 2 seasons and they really are the future of Scottish Football - low wages, youth development and at times, entertaining football.

i do expect FIFA to re-examine Scottish clubs eligibility to be included in UEFA competitions as well, a non-competetitive league allowing the scum a free pass to CL qualifiers? can't continue surely.