Board split

KingKirk

RANGERS were facing a boardroom split last night as directors clashed over Charles Green’s replacement.

Sports management guru Craig Mather, 42, is widely tipped to take over the Ibrox hotseat.

But while some club bigwigs want Mather app-ointed immediately, others rejected the move because he was HIRED by ousted chief executive Green.

Last night an insider said: “The board had a conference call and it emerged some want Craig Mather to be Green’s replacement.

“A couple want to fast-track him, but others on the board are a bit wary.

“He is seen by some as Green’s man, while there is also a view that the job should be advertised.”

We told yesterday how Green, 59, was forced to quit on Friday after an investigation following The Scottish Sun’s bombshell exclusives about his links to former owner Craig Whyte.

It is also believed ex-Gers supremo Martin Bain has been ruled out of the role. Mather, who runs Simply Sports Management, invested £1million last aut-umn.

He was at Ibrox yesterday with finance chief Brian Stockbridge to see the team lose 2-1 to Peterhead. When Mather was appointed sports development director, he said: “It’s the first emotional investment I’ve made, it’s long-term.”

Meanwhile ex-director Paul Murray, who fronted the doomed Blue Knights buyout, urged the club to “clean up its act”. He said: “Fans have been lied to over two years. We need forensic examination of links between Green and Whyte

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/scottishnews/4896793/Pitch-battle-Gers-board-split-over-Ibrox-hotseat-favourite.html#ixzz2R3N3Enrr

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The king is dead long live the King etc

here's a novel idea, highlight the position and offer it to the best candidate.

Wont sit right with me if Mather walks in to the position given the circumstances he was tempted to Rangers or that he has no experience of being a CEO at this level.

The king is dead long live the King etc

here's a novel idea, highlight the position and offer it to the best candidate.

Wont sit right with me if Mather walks in to the position given the circumstances he was tempted to Rangers or that he has no experience of being a CEO at this level.

he said himself it was an emotional investment and he hoped it would be long term. Not sure what circumstanses you are alluding too.

he said himself it was an emotional investment and he hoped it would be long term. Not sure what circumstanses you are alluding too.

Well that's OK then. I'm reassured, I was taking his comments at that time as a little sweet but long live the King.

Is it just me who really hopes Malcolm Murray is next to go? My opinion of him has drastically changed in recent months.

Oh, and Green should be reinstated. Fuck Craig Mather, fuck Bain, fuck Murray and anybody else. That is Green's role and should be until anything is proven.

Is it just me who really hopes Malcolm Murray is next to go? My opinion of him has drastically changed in recent months.

Oh, and Green should be reinstated. Fuck Craig Mather, fuck Bain, fuck Murray and anybody else. That is Green's role and should be until anything is proven.

Have to say i was shocked to hear Murray could not even be arsed to turn up today cause he had to go to a Birthday party instead????

FFS real leadership in a time of crisis shown by our chairman.

I have no idea what Malcolm Murray does. He didn't even attend the game today.

Have to say i was shocked to hear Murray could not even be arsed to turn up today cause he had to go to a Birthday party instead????

FFS real leadership in a time of crisis shown by our chairman.

Surely that's bullshit? If not then a full campaign needs to be run to have him removed as Chairman. That is shocking.

If as i expect, the investigation proves CG done nothing wrong with CW. Then I'd happily see him back and MM moved on.

Sadly don't think that will ever happen now FF have seen to that.

Even now openly talking about driving Mather out before he is even in the job.

Surely that's bullshit? If not then a full campaign needs to be run to have him removed as Chairman. That is shocking.

He was not at the game today or the board meeting as apparently he had to go to a Birthday party.

Was talked about on the radio after the game.

I have no idea what Malcolm Murray does. He didn't even attend the game today.

Well, if people 'in the know' are to be believed, he does nothing and blabs away to the media every day.. Oh, and tries his best to get successful board members removed.

It is not Mather's job. He should be allowed to apply for the post along side other applicants without prejudice. There will be a lot of proven businessmen out there eager to become part of the Rangers brand.

What is it you know about Mather that makes him right for the job? We need someone with experience as a chief exec, the job should be advertised. Dare I say it we need someone like Green but without the word 'paki' in his vocabulary.