The RST make their move?

Well someone must be on those magic mushrooms then after a very lenghty interview with a certain newspaper..............Perhaps you can answer this being a board member ............

Why do you people put it out there that you speak on behalf of the fans?

How many members do you have

1.....actual active members

2....members who signed up in the beginning believing it to be something that obviously hasn't happened and still play an active part.

3..You took money from fans to invest in the IPO, with the understanding that you people can use their shares in proxy..........also what names were the shares inssued in?

4..Can you give me a list of your achievements as a trust......this could lead to you getting more members if you can list them.

5..Can you tell me in your position as a board member of the rst why did the individual who wrote a cheque that bounced and took an alleged 18 months to put right,,,,,,,,why is he still a leading light within your organisation.........should he not have been removed on a matter of principle?

6..Why did your organisation create havoc during the various bids fro the club........excepting for one that I am sure you will admit has proven to be a joke that of a bk.

I have answered your post and look for to you answering the 6 points raised in your capacity as an active board member of the rst. As mentioned above this could indeed clear at lost of issues people have with your organisation, then you will have people joining for the proper reasons.

My thanks in anticipation for your answers to the 6 points mentioned.

This could take a while as he will have to ask what answers he can give you.

You may have a long wait lol

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This could take a while as he will have to ask what answers he can give you.

You may have a long wait lol

But he is a board member, I have asked BearGer similar but disappears and never answers. I thought the pints addressed to the board member are decent questions to ask.

But he is a board member, I have asked BearGer similar but disappears and never answers. I thought the pints addressed to the board member are decent questions to ask.

Are you sure he never said he was a BORED member :)

I am getting bored asking them the same questions time after time.....anyway I do have my european_mole_1.jpg

And just want to compare their replies to what Mr Mole tells me. :cgreen:

Tell your mole to get his fingernails cut. They are minging lol

Well someone must be on those magic mushrooms then after a very lenghty interview with a certain newspaper..............Perhaps you can answer this being a board member ............

Why do you people put it out there that you speak on behalf of the fans?

How many members do you have

1.....actual active members

2....members who signed up in the beginning believing it to be something that obviously hasn't happened and still play an active part.

3..You took money from fans to invest in the IPO, with the understanding that you people can use their shares in proxy..........also what names were the shares inssued in?

4..Can you give me a list of your achievements as a trust......this could lead to you getting more members if you can list them.

5..Can you tell me in your position as a board member of the rst why did the individual who wrote a cheque that bounced and took an alleged 18 months to put right,,,,,,,,why is he still a leading light within your organisation.........should he not have been removed on a matter of principle?

6..Why did your organisation create havoc during the various bids fro the club........excepting for one that I am sure you will admit has proven to be a joke that of a bk.

I have answered your post and look for to you answering the 6 points raised in your capacity as an active board member of the rst. As mentioned above this could indeed clear at lost of issues people have with your organisation, then you will have people joining for the proper reasons.

My thanks in anticipation for your answers to the 6 points mentioned.

Are you referring to the Evening Times article? If so, that is a huge leap you have made to link that to Mark Dingwall being present. A quick look back on the board shows that it was you who first suggested that he was there. You have really gone to some lengths to deliberately mis-interpret the article to the extent you have. Mark Dingwall was speaking in his capacity as RST spokesman, and the 'we' he referred to was in fact the RST board.

My responses to your questions are below. I've only been on the board since October last year so will answer as best I can.

We don't speak for all the fans and have never claimed to. We speak for our members and our members alone.

We have around 2500 members. I don't have the exact figures to hand

1. I don't know what your definition of an active member is, but our the vast majority of the membership either joined in December through BuyRangers or joined/renewed last month.

2. I'm not really sure what you are asking. I don't know how many original members are still members. The RST have admitted that hey have made mistakes over the years and the communication with members (including renewal information) hasn't always been the best. We have now launched a new website which will improve this dramatically.

3. Members invested in the Community Benefit Society which is the RST. The society which is a legal entity in its own right purchased shares in the IPO. The Shares are owned by the RST and are controlled by the Community Shareholders. When it comes to voting, the community Shareholders will be balloted and the majority will rule.

We have been approached by a number of RIFC Plc shareholders who invested directly in the IPO, who have asked if they can proxy their vote to the RST. We are working on the legal framework for that at the moment.

4. The primary aim of he RST is to acquire shares in the club which will lead to supporter representation on the board, and ultimately over the long term, to supporter ownership. We invested £250k in the IPO and have a sum sitting at the moment which will be used to purchase another tranche of shares.

It was the RST membership which paid for he Sam English Bowl which is on display in the trophy room at Ibrox.

A former RST chairman was the man who exposed the proposed deal between David Murray and Gavin Masterton for the sale and leaseback of Ibrox

5. The incident you refer to was a long time before my time. Perhaps you could expand more on the circumstances surrounding it. Whilst clearly not an ideal situation, following legal advice and advice from the auditors it was decided that he should stay on the board.

6. The RST's decision to back the BKs made sense at the time as their reported plans were completely in line with their own stated aims. The fact that PM and co. could only come up with a derisory bid was extremely disappointing. At the time, nobody involved with the RST could have known that the bid was so low. I wasn't involved back then but my belief is it wasn't a mistake backing TBK, but it was a mistake not to have a plan B.

FF is not the RST and he RST is to FF. There were fans who didn't want Bill Miller, but those who organised banners and email campaigns were not doing so on behalf of the RST.

I've answered your questions to the best of my knowledge. Looking at some of your posts on the RST, who at the end of the day are fellow Rangers fans, has been quite staggering. Some of your comments have been utterly ridiculous. As much a you appear to want it to be the case, Mark Dingwall does not run the RST. Given the venom in your posts, I can't help but think their is a personal agenda here for you against Mark Dingwall or the RST as a whole.

You said that they came into your office but took advice from a Celtic fan and not you. Is that what this is all about? Pretty pathetic if it is. I don't expect everyone to support us, but going to great lengths to be offended is something else entirely.

If only people didn't trust people like Craig Whyte the way they don't trust the RST everything would be fine.

Still don't know what the RST have done? Any time you ask this no one gives you an answer.

Exactly, what have they done?

One of the issues I have against them is the way they backed TBK, and basically dismissed and hounded out every other bidder with their stupid displays/banners. We're they or one person being promised something if they promoted TBK and got them in?

Why is it someone asked a question or posted something on their twitter feed and it was deleted straight away. Are they against people having an opinion or asking questions?

If only people didn't trust people like Craig Whyte the way they don't trust the RST everything would be fine.

Still don't know what the RST have done? Any time you ask this no one gives you an answer.

The RST has made mistakes during its existence just like many other organisations. Some on here have a personal hatred of the RST and one of its board members, they will never let go.

The RST has made mistakes during its existence just like many other organisations. Some on here have a personal hatred of the RST and one of its board members, they will never let go.

If you can see it why can't the RST?

If they are here for the good of the club and the fans then it isn't really a hard decision for them to make. Are they saying one man is bigger than the organisation?

Are you referring to the Evening Times article? If so, that is a huge leap you have made to link that to Mark Dingwall being present. A quick look back on the board shows that it was you who first suggested that he was there. You have really gone to some lengths to deliberately mis-interpret the article to the extent you have. Mark Dingwall was speaking in his capacity as RST spokesman, and the 'we' he referred to was in fact the RST board.

My responses to your questions are below. I've only been on the board since October last year so will answer as best I can.

We don't speak for all the fans and have never claimed to. We speak for our members and our members alone.

1. I don't know what your definition of an active member is, but our the vast majority of the membership either joined in December through BuyRangers or joined/renewed last month.

2. I'm not really sure what you are asking. I don't know how many original members are still members. The RST have admitted that hey have made mistakes over the years and the communication with members (including renewal information) hasn't always been the best. We have now launched a new website which will improve this dramatically.

3. Members invested in the Community Benefit Society which is the RST. The society which is a legal entity in its own right purchased shares in the IPO. The Shares are owned by the RST and are controlled by the Community Shareholders. When it comes to voting, the community Shareholders will be balloted and the majority will rule.

We have been approached by a number of RIFC Plc shareholders who invested directly in the IPO, who have asked if they can proxy their vote to the RST. We are working on the legal framework for that at the moment.

4. The primary aim of he RST is to acquire shares in the club which will lead to supporter representation on the board, and ultimately over the long term, to supporter ownership. We invested £250k in the IPO and have a sum sitting at the moment which will be used to purchase another tranche of shares.

It was the RST membership which paid for he Sam English Bowl which is on display in the trophy room at Ibrox.

A former RST chairman was the man who exposed the proposed deal between David Murray and Gavin Masterton for the sale and leaseback of Ibrox

5. The incident you refer to was a long time before my time. Perhaps you could expand more on the circumstances surrounding it. Whilst clearly not an ideal situation, following legal advice and advice from the auditors it was decided that he should stay on the board.

6. The RST's decision to back the BKs made sense at the time as their reported plans were completely in line with their own stated aims. The fact that PM and co. could only come up with a derisory bid was extremely disappointing. At the time, nobody involved with the RST could have known that the bid was so low. I wasn't involved back then but my belief is it wasn't a mistake backing TBK, but it was a mistake not to have a plan B.

FF is not the RST and he RST is to FF. There were fans who didn't want Bill Miller, but those who organised banners and email campaigns were not doing so on behalf of the RST.

I've answered your questions to the best of my knowledge. Looking at some of your posts on the RST, who at the end of the day are fellow Rangers fans, has been quite staggering. Some of your comments have been utterly ridiculous. As much a you appear to want it to be the case, Mark Dingwall does not run the RST. Given the venom in your posts, I can't help but think their is a personal agenda here for you against Mark Dingwall or the RST as a whole.

You said that they came into your office but took advice from a Celtic fan and not you. Is that what this is all about? Pretty pathetic if it is. I don't expect everyone to support us, but going to great lengths to be offended is something else entirely.

The last bit first.....don't be silly, I refused to have anything to do with it when during a conversation it came out as to why he wanted this thing started. My time back then was far too important to become involved in something as petty a reason why this individual wished to start this organisation.

Re the auditors I can't see why this would have anything to do with them as to him staying on the board or not.............But I notice you are based in Nth Ireland but here it's considered a fraud to present a cheque for goods knowing full well the cheque would not be honoured, so I choose not to believe you on that.

rst bought the Sam English Bowl I thought the remit was to use monies for the purchase of shares Y/N

A former rst chairman exposed the murray/masterton so why did you jettison this chairman? and I would ned to see proof that he uncovered this.

Thereabouts 2500 members probably 10% if that are interested in the actual rst as your membership grew on the back of taking peoples money for shares that they do not own and ps what/whose name are these shares held in?

You guys have been a disruptive evidence over the last number of years with your idiotic plugs for murray and his bk you know that fr a fact that you have indeed acted this way.

Re dingwall he is heavily involved in your organisation , stop any Rangers fan in the street to name someone from rst and they would be naming dingwall, yet you answer he is not on the board I never asked if he was on the board just very strange that he pops up to speak on behalf of the rst and never refutes the fact that he does not speak for Rangers fans nor do you the rst come out and state in the press that he only speaks for a very small minority fan organisation that is rst..........why do you gusy never contest this , when the media says this?

If we take the crowds that traveled to Manchester as 200,000 then at 2,000 names with rst that's a mere 1% , now if you take the overall Rangers fanbase then well you have guessed it you guys are a mere pimple on the bum.

Re you being approached by

I choose not to believe this, if I am wrong then it will be lucky if more than a dozen at the most.

I do not have any personal agenda or venom in my posts I make valid points re your answers I thank you for that as others disappear............but I have to say based on your reply the rst have really achieved very very little indeed for the years they have been formed.

This is a forum and when the rst/members use it to further their goals then they leave themselves open to be challenged....yes my one main challenge has always been about the chap and the cheque by the very name of the word trust he should have been shown the door , especially when you read the words he uses in the Times, Jealousy or whatever else you care to use as to my concerns regarding rst are way off the mark as jealousy has never formed any part of my being.

Your organisation does portray itself as the voice of the fans, and if I can be bothered I shall at the beginning of the week get statements released by your organisation that mention the Rangers fans.

You are as I am sure you know a mere minuscule organisation in the scheme of things. But once again thanks for taking the time to reply as i said that's a first from your organisation

PS

You should know exactly how many members are from the start of your organisation as if you have lost a good number you should be addressing this. or is it all about getting money in and then saying right where's the next £10.

Know your customer.

Also apart from one area and there is a link between the guy that runs it and your official spokesman ie the face of rst happen to be one and the same..........and reading other groups he is the common name that seems to be the stumbling block for moving forward........my own view is the rst is the stumbling block for the hope if such a thing, of unity as i believe your organisation think you are the only way forward,

I am never offended you lose by being offended and it's a forum after all.

You dancer , this is like Ally and mini when they spoke about cleansing as in saying the same thing and trying to make it sound off the cuff :7325:

Your board member came and out and replied and now you come on and say we have made mistakes :7325:

NO SURRENDER TO THE RST SCUM.

RST scum Really.......

FFS take a fuckin hold would ye !

Folk getting organised, think fuck this shite if we had a say this would never have happened.

And you think in terms of scum.........I hope you never speak for me.

RST any fucking day.

Please get your facts right before you spout shite................I never hate anyone to do that means that you hate a part of yourself..................now the person you refer to I have been told that he is not a member of the board, you really should make sure you get your stories right as it does make you look rather foolish when you contradict a fellow rst member.

Some on here myself included are dismayed by the apparent claims made by the rst that they're the voice of the Rangers fans,

Ok, don’t know what the trust have done.

I am member and I joined because I didn’t know what else to do when I saw one of my life’s Anchors being dragged to the depths by cunts that had neither loved or understood of the thing they had by chance become guardians (sic) of,

Through the trusts continued efforts I maybe and just maybe mind , have a say in what the fucks going on with MY team.

Is that not a good thing .....

I am member and I joined because I didn’t know what else to do when I saw one of my life’s Anchors being dragged to the depths by cunts that had neither loved or understood of the thing they had by chance become guardians (sic) of,

Through the trusts continued efforts I maybe and just maybe mind , have a say in what the fucks going on with MY team.

You've really been taken in haven't you?

Joining the trust during all that hassle was being marketed as saving the club and having your say etc, have you had your say?

Nice sentiments, but you have no chance of having a say, none of us do.......that's the simple fact of the matter. Don't for one minute that any owner ,chairman, ceo will be give more than lipservice to a fans body as weak as the rst.

Can I ask how a fan can meet with RST folk to talk about set up and plans?

I asked this as I am sceptical but was told I could meet a guy downstairs in the wee rangers club on a match day. Wasn't really a very professional response as it is something I am quite interested in. But I do see a parallel between follow follow and it's us and them mentality. I am prepared to be proven wrong.