RST urged fans to renew

If people disagree with the rst them they would be better putting up reasons why not to join and let people make an informed decision.

No reasons are ever given re RST other than personal vendettas by people who themselves have done hehaw.

No reasons are ever given re RST other than personal vendettas by people who themselves have done hehaw.

you're spot on but the RST fanboys on here do the same on vanguard bears topics works both ways none of it is helpin the club

Apart from those who bring up genuine issues about how the organisation is run in their name.

Such as passing off the office holder/s views as trust policy without reference to the membership. Kind of a major one, no?

Kiss their hoop if you want just dont throw teddys when others dont pucker up.

If people disagree with the rst them they would be better putting up reasons why not to join and let people make an informed decision.

I have always said it is a personal decision, way back from the origin of the RST when I used to argue about it on FF.

My view is that if I was I investing my money in shares in Rangers, I would want to own the shares at the end of it, and I would want my own vote at the AGM.

I am personally not convinced in the benefits of fan ownership anyway, and particularly with us given that we don't agree on much of anything as a fanbase.

But, as I said, each to their own.

Only ever herd of the RST when I joined here.i follow the famous glasgow rangers football club not fucking dicks that claim they speak for the fans ESP that fat prick Dingwall.my 2 books will be renewed as long as I can afford it till the day I die.watp

Apart from those who bring up genuine issues about how the organisation is run in their name.

Such as passing off the office holder/s views as trust policy without reference to the membership. Kind of a major one, no?

Kiss their hoop if you want just dont throw teddys when others dont pucker up.

Care to give some details of office holders giving personal views as Trust policy.

Even being kind to the RST and assuming their claimed 1,500 members renew at 10 quid per head where does the 15 grand go? What is it spent on?

What do members get for their cash --- I found the site ambiguous in that regard.

• Monthly newsletters on trust and club news -- Club news available all over the net mostly for free -- nothing there then.
  • An official Rangers Supporters Trust share -- Nothing there then
  • An RST membership card --- wee plastic card worth 50p nothing there then
  • Exclusive content and articles --- bit vague nothing there then
  • For the first time ever 'Fan Voting' --- will voting be transparent audited and made public - nothing there then
  • Manage your account online -- what is there to manage. You pay a tenner and it vanishes - nothing there then
  • Invest in BuyRangers -- An opportunity to buy a share in the club through the a 'wee club' run by the RST --- why not just buy them yourself?? - nothing there then

Oh well that'll be a 'mibees aye' or 'mibees naw' from this supporter.

Care to give some details of office holders giving personal views as Trust policy.

Oh I dont know how about unilaterally declaring who to support in the club take over, or rather who not to and who to protest against.

Or did you miss that bit due to arse cheeks covering your eyes?

Oh I dont know how about unilaterally declaring who to support in the club take over, or rather who not to and who to protest against.

Or did you miss that bit due to arse cheeks covering your eyes?

I assume you have never been involved in any organisation where you elect a board. The examples you give are not a board going against the the policy of the Trust. Committees/Boards run organisations between agm's or other special meetings at which policy is decided. The decision to support the Blue Knights was a legitimate stance to take at the time. Not only was the RST board supporting them but a lot of fans also including those on here. Wether it was a correct decision is another matter, but those who never made a decision never did anything.

I assume you have never been involved in any organisation where you elect a board. The examples you give are not a board going against the the policy of the Trust. Committees/Boards run organisations between agm's or other special meetings at which policy is decided. The decision to support the Blue Knights was a legitimate stance to take at the time. Not only was the RST board supporting them but a lot of fans also including those on here. Wether it was a correct decision is another matter, but those who never made a decision never did anything.

Your assumptions are akin to your excuses. I would have assumed an organisation whos stated aim was to achieve fan ownership would at least have taken the time to explain why they were against a buyer who was offering fan ownership, or why they supported a group who were vocally against fan ownership when in positions of power previously.

Pucker up.

"So how does that compare with the RangersMedia Sponsors' Fund?" I hear you ask.

OK, let’s have a look…

Membership cost

RST - £10 per year

RMSF - £10 per year

Where does that £10 go?

RST: Unknown

RMSF: Every penny spent directly on Rangers Football Club

Financial transparency:

RMSF: All our accounts are online, and constantly updated in the “Let’s spend the money” thread

News and Updates:

RST:Monthly newsletters on trust and club news (I presume they mean an email)

RMSF: A constant stream of updates, discussion threads, polls, photos, competitions and exclusive offers

Shares:

RST: An official Rangers Supporters Trust share

RMSF: Your name in the RM Sponsors’ Hall of Fame. If you want me to print out a worthless certificate for you, no problem

Membership card:

RST: An RST membership card

RMSF: Well we’ve got this nice little logo which you could print out if you wanted…

Sponsors_Fund_Logo_zpse6a01498.jpg

Content:

RST: Exclusive content and articles

RMSF: Regular updates on all our activities

Voting:

RST: For the first time ever 'Fan Voting'

RMSF: Since day one: Equal and transparent voting on every single decision we make on how to spend our money on Rangers

Online account management

RST: Manage your account online (wow, that’s worth a tenner just for that.)

RMSF: What’s to manage? Your name is in the Hall of Fame – if you change it, PM me.

Investment Opportunities

RST: Invest in BuyRangers.

RMSF: Sound financial advice, namely: buy real Rangers shares through a stockbroker, giving you a vote at the AGM and a potential to make profit and receive dividends, and the right to sell them whenever you want.

Members’ Benefits

RMSF: Opportunities to win lots of prizes, match tickets, visit Auchenhowie, meet players, have fun and directly support Rangers, have your name in the Hall of Fame, and get respect from your fellow fund members (well, from me at least)

But hey – it’s your tenner, and your decision.

:D

:thumbup:

who said that? theeeeeee truuuuuuust oh am fuckin angry :matron: .do what i do buy yer ticket and don't listen to 2.ooo odd rangers fans(and they are fans)but think for ourselfs for once.get yer ticket and support our RANGERS they need us but bye god i need them more. :7325::ulster::crab1::crab1::crab1::crab1::crab1::crab1::crab1::crab1: happy birthday tommy :matron: