Mourinho leaving

Real Madrid have confirmed that Jose Mourinho will leave at the end of the season as speculation grows about his return to Chelsea.

Mourinho is expected to take charge of Chelsea again this summer and Real paved the way for this move by allowing him to leave the Bernabeu by mutual consent.

President Florentino Perez told a press conference: "After the talks with our coach Jose Mourinho we have reached the agreement to end the contractual relationship at the end of this season.

"Both the club and the coach agree that it is the right moment to end this relationship.

"On behalf of the directors, I would like to thank Jose Mourinho for his hard work over the last three years."

PSG coach Carlo Ancelotti is believed to be lined up to replace him, but Perez insists no deal has been agreed with anyone to succeed Mourinho.

"We have not agreed any pre-contract with any coach," added Perez. "That is a job for the next few days.

"It is not an issue we will resolve tomorrow.

"I want to show my maximum respect to PSG, their president and all the clubs."

Perez also paid tribute to the word down by Mourinho at the Bernabeu despite a number of high profile bust-ups with players and the media.

"He is a very demanding coach, with himself and with the rest and this wears you down," continued Perez.

"The important thing is that we have recovered the level that we didn't have before."

Was hoping Mourinho stayed with Madrid, it's been over a decade since Madrid won the European Cup thy so famously hold the record in, it would have been fitting for Mourinho to be the man to deliver it, and break the record himself.

Was hoping Mourinho stayed with Madrid, it's been over a decade since Madrid won the European Cup thy so famously hold the record in, it would have been fitting for Mourinho to be the man to deliver it, and break the record himself.

Would be more fitting for someone who actually cares about the club to win it, to be honest.

Maybe Del Bosque will get bored of Spain and go back to Real.

Would be more fitting for someone who actually cares about the club to win it, to be honest.

You really don't like Mourinho do you Jamie? :lol:

I actually think Del Bosque has said he's leaving after the World Cup.

Bang on. Mourinho doesn't give a fuck about Madrid anyone can see that!

You really don't like Mourinho do you Jamie? :lol:

I actually think Del Bosque has said he's leaving after the World Cup.

I dislike the cult of Mourinho. Which is the creation of both Mourinho and us. There's a difference.

When someone says something utterly baffling like "it would have been fitting for Mourinho to be the man to win Real their 10th European Cup" I just think "why? Why would it be more fitting than for literally any other manager to have won it?"

It would have been fitting if a great servant of the club like Jorge Valdano hadn't been forced out to appease a short-term manager.

I dislike the cult of Mourinho. Which is the creation of both Mourinho and us. There's a difference.

When someone says something utterly baffling like "it would have been fitting for Mourinho to be the man to win Real their 10th European Cup" I just think "why? Why would it be more fitting than for literally any other manager to have won it?"

It would have been fitting if a great servant of the club like Jorge Valdano hadn't been forced out to appease a short-term manager.

Because it would be a crowning moment in Mourinhos career as he broke a record himself. The cream rises to the top, and to see the best manager in the game today lead the best club to a record breaking European Cup would have been a fitting pinnacle to Mourinhos career.

If he goes to Chelsea i think his Chelsea side will thump Moyes' Man U & the flavour of the months Man city, which i can't say i'm looking forward too.

Because it would be a crowning moment in Mourinhos career as he broke a record himself. The cream rises to the top, and to see the best manager in the game today lead the best club to a record breaking European Cup would have been a fitting pinnacle to Mourinhos career.

If he goes to Chelsea i think his Chelsea side will thump Moyes' Man U & the flavour of the months Man city, which i can't say i'm looking forward too.

Well, quite. It would have been fitting for Jose, not for Real.