RST Proxy Voting...

bluepeter

Was Watty not to be that person.

Maybe or maybe just put there to please the fans? Someone that can speak to ALL the supporters groups (regardless whether we like them or not) and voice fans concerns.

Maybe not necessary to have an actual vote on the board but someone that can actual stand up for fans (and be seen to be doing so).

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyoneone can be on the RST Board unless you have a criminal conviction or have been declared bankrupt. We are just ordinary fans. To be on the Board of a PLC requires a bit more than that IMHO.

So who, according to RST, should be given the go ahead to represent us on the board? You are asking for our votes so you must have an idea.

Maybe or maybe just put there to please the fans? Someone that can speak to ALL the supporters groups (regardless whether we like them or not) and voice fans concerns.

Maybe not necessary to have an actual vote on the board but someone that can actual stand up for fans (and be seen to be doing so).

I do appreciate as to where you are coming from, but he/she would soon be put in their place.........also you really have to stop and think, if a fan landed on the Board the temptation to forget as to why he's there could be overtaken by a sudden ego no matter who the individual is, include myself in that and do not think I have am ego.

I do appreciate as to where you are coming from, but he/she would soon be put in their place.........also you really have to stop and think, if a fan landed on the Board the temptation to forget as to why he's there could be overtaken by a sudden ego no matter who the individual is, include myself in that and do not think I have am ego.

I hear you and understand your point of view.

The right individual would indeed be very hard to find.

So who, according to RST, should be given the go ahead to represent us on the board? You are asking for our votes so you must have an idea.

It would depend on who would stand for election. That remains to be seen.

Before you give your proxy vote to the RST or anyone else, do you know what they are voting for?

That's my point, I need to know what their principles are and what direction they'd like the club to go in before I decide if I should give my proxy vote to them.

Individual votes are pretty worthless as the people controlling the shares have all the power. Anyone who was at the AGM a couple of years ago when Donald Muir was being elected would know that. What to people get to vote on anyway. Approval of the accounts, elections to the Board and any motions brought forward. To bring forward a motion you need to control 10% of shares.

Jesus wept.

Why would there be candidates for something that doesn't exist?

So basically you are so ill prepared for this or you know it will not happen, you really are the snp aren't you because they give answers like that when questioned about basic rate tax and what the currency will be.

It's shocking once again that you mention that because something didn't exist and to use your excuse to climb out the hole you dug for yourself earlier,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,things move a a fast pace.

So you are asking people to hand over proxies, so the RST can vote for something that now does not exist?

No. We are talking about different things here. One is voting rights and the other is about electing a fans representative to the Board.

No. We are talking about different things here. One is voting rights and the other is about electing a fans representative to the Board.

Honestly, I can see and appreciate what you are doing but the RST in a very small minority group with a leader (yes in the background if you like) that no one, outwith the RST actually likes. A leader who make contradictory statements a few days apart and who now asks for all shareholders to just give him over their votes for.... oh wait, we don't actually know what we are handing over our votes for.

So basically you are so ill prepared for this or you know it will not happen, you really are the snp aren't you because they give answers like that when questioned about basic rate tax and what the currency will be.

It's shocking once again that you mention that because something didn't exist and to use your excuse to climb out the hole you dug for yourself earlier,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,things move a a fast pace.

Sometimes I wonder whether or not you are serious. We are supposed to have candidates ready for something the Club hasn't agreed to, never mind agreeing to how the person would be elected and who would be eligible to vote.

So you are asking people to hand over proxies, so the RST can vote for something that now does not exist?

The statement made preceded the release of the RST proxy rules. The proxy rules will apply indefinately. The proxy rules can be found here http://t.co/u1Ci0gXhNY

At present individual proxies will be solicited for single meetings, for those fans seeking to do so, and even then only once the resolutions for the single meeting are released.

The intention to call an EGM has been announced but a meeting has not yet been called.

Sometimes I wonder whether or not you are serious. We are supposed to have candidates ready for something the Club hasn't agreed to, never mind agreeing to how the person would be elected and who would be eligible to vote.

OMG I always wonder about your organisation, so you have just told me that you lot are not ready to act if the club said today or tomorrow we will have a fan on board.

Are you disagreeing?

"Individual votes are pretty worthless as the people controlling the shares have all the power."

Just pointing out the obvious self-contradiction in the above sentence.

If it's that hard to spot your own difficulty in expressing what should be a clear and understandable point, it will be a hard road for you to convince a major element of the support to give the RST their proxy votes.

FWIW, I don't disagree with some sort of fan ownership model, however we collectively are a long way away from being coherent enough to have a chance of it taking off any time soon.

Once we get through the current wave of turmoil and settle down, it can be looked at again more seriously and there are many lessons we can learn from Germany in that respect.

Just pointing out the obvious self-contradiction in the above sentence.

If it's that hard to spot your own difficulty in expressing what should be a clear and understandable point, it will be a hard road for you to convince a major element of the support to give the RST their proxy votes.

FWIW, I don't disagree with some sort of fan ownership model, however we collectively are a long way away from being coherent enough to have a chance of it taking off any time soon.

Once we get through the current wave of turmoil and settle down, it can be looked at again more seriously and there are many lessons we can learn from Germany in that respect.

I think you are being a bit selective in what you quoted as I cited a perfect example of what I meant. At the AGM I mentioned, almost everyone in the stadium voted against Donald Muir's election to the Board but it didn't matter because SDM controlled 85% of the voting shares. That is what I meant. People saying they want their own vote is fine but it carries no weight if you are trying to vote against what the majority shareholders want.