RST Proxy Voting...

bluepeter

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Individual votes are pretty worthless as the people controlling the shares have all the power. Anyone who was at the AGM a couple of years ago when Donald Muir was being elected would know that. What to people get to vote on anyway. Approval of the accounts, elections to the Board and any motions brought forward. To bring forward a motion you need to control 10% of shares.

How many members are in the RST and how many, currently, shares do they hold?

Individual votes are pretty worthless as the people controlling the shares have all the power. Anyone who was at the AGM a couple of years ago when Donald Muir was being elected would know that. What to people get to vote on anyway. Approval of the accounts, elections to the Board and any motions brought forward. To bring forward a motion you need to control 10% of shares.

Close thread then as you have explained the latest gimmicks................shareholders have approached as to offer their shares...............fans you will and we will listen and act on their wishes...........hand in glove springs to mind in your latest power grab.

How many members are in the RST and how many, currently, shares do they hold?

Just over 2,500 members although that is changing daily. We have approximately 365,000 shares.

Have they announced the date and time of the EGM yet?

I'd seriously consider allowing the RST to proxy my vote if I was unable to attend. I work Monday- Friday 9 to 5 so it is more than likely I won't be attending.

##

Re how many members bud, ahs to be split into,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

How many active members..

How many only became members to purchase shares at £125 and had to pay membership.

The reason I am asking, and goes with the other thread you are very vocal on too, is that the fans representation on the board is actually a good idea. What is not a good idea is giving all our money/votes to someone without our best interests (and I personally believe MD is out for himself, not us).

If the RST represents say 2000 members (active or otherwise), that's a tiny proportion of the entire worlds support. So how can they responsibly represent us, the fans?

Ok, so what about WE set up RM with a representative (either you, D'art or GB LOL) as we are a much bigger organization and also, much, MUCH more impartial?

I do not want somebody, who I personally don't trust either, to represent me unless they know what I, and my fellow fans want. I certainly do not want someone to represent me when his ultimate goal seems to be a board position for personal gain.

I'd seriously consider allowing the RST to proxy my vote if I was unable to attend. I work Monday- Friday 9 to 5 so it is more than likely I won't be attending.

Fair comment bud, but would have the same result as you not being there to vote and would you not have to pay a membership to join the rst to do this?

I need a volunteer for my next trick.

You Sir, yes you at the back who I have never met before.....

this could be done through this forum if we wanted.

The reason I am asking, and goes with the other thread you are very vocal on too, is that the fans representation on the board is actually a good idea. What is not a good idea is giving all our money/votes to someone without our best interests (and I personally believe MD is out for himself, not us).

If the RST represents say 2000 members (active or otherwise), that's a tiny proportion of the entire worlds support. So how can they responsibly represent us, the fans?

Ok, so what about WE set up RM with a representative (either you, D'art or GB LOL) as we are a much bigger organization and also, much, MUCH more impartial?

I do not want somebody, who I personally don't trust either, to represent me unless they know what I, and my fellow fans want. I certainly do not want someone to represent me when his ultimate goal seems to be a board position for personal gain.

Not me I'm a bullshitter didn't you know, D'art I don't think would be up for that as he has a set route that he is travelling on....GB would be good as he has does a fantastic job re the sponsors fund.

I have to say that I have never been convinced re fan participation being a good thing, I could see nothing but even more problems if this was the case.

I mean dundee have fan participation and now they are looking to remove them or some of them from the board subject to this Texan move, to take over the club.

Just over 2,500 members although that is changing daily. We have approximately 365,000 shares.

How many of those only joined re the cash grab £125 share for rst?

BTW that is a question not a snipe.............so even at the figure mentioned 250 a year then , not good is it and is this including lapsed members?

I'm not sure how many times Mark has to say that he would neither seek election to or accept a place on the Rangers Board as he does not have the right credentials. Any proposed fans representative would have to be elected.

Not me I'm a bullshitter didn't you know, D'art I don't think would be up for that as he has a set route that he is travelling on....GB would be good as he has does a fantastic job re the sponsors fund.

I have to say that I have never been convinced re fan participation being a good thing, I could see nothing but even more problems if this was the case.

I mean dundee have fan participation and now they are looking to remove them or some of them from the board subject to this Texan move, to take over the club.

A recognition of the fans wishes then (at board level) if appropriate? As least someone on the board looking out for us.

I do mean sensibly too. Not in footballing matters per se but in actual board matters where fans voices should be heard.

Fair comment bud, but would have the same result as you not being there to vote and would you not have to pay a membership to join the rst to do this?

It's only a tenner a year to join the RST so that wouldn't be a problem.

I'd be interested to receive a document from the RST outlining their vision for the club, and also I'd like to know whether my shares which cost £500 would only entitle me to the same voting rights as someone who only spent £125 joining the RST share issue. If that is the case then you can count me out.

I'm not sure how many times Mark has to say that he would neither seek election to or accept a place on the Rangers Board as he does not have the right credentials. Any proposed fans representative would have to be elected.

Does he have the right credentials for the position he is in now?

This is a serious question by the way, not a jibe. If he is not qualified for a position on a board as you say he says he is not, whats he doing with RST?

I'd be interested to receive a document from the RST outlining their vision for the club, and also I'd like to know whether my shares which cost £500 would only entitle me to the same voting rights as someone who only spent £125 joining the RST share issue. If that is the case then you can count me out.

This book could be a good place to start ...........

SiteMeinKampfExtraits.jpeg

Trying to sort out that nightmare would be fun! I have 3 shares so get one vote. He has a million shares and gets one vote? Or I get three and he gets a million? And how do you administer that!

Before you give your proxy vote to the RST or anyone else, do you know what they are voting for?

A recognition of the fans wishes then (at board level) if appropriate? As least someone on the board looking out for us.

I do mean sensibly too. Not in footballing matters per se but in actual board matters where fans voices should be heard.

Was Watty not to be that person.

Does he have the right credentials for the position he is in now?

This is a serious question by the way, not a jibe. If he is not qualified for a position on a board as you say he says he is not, whats he doing with RST?

Anyoneone can be on the RST Board unless you have a criminal conviction or have been declared bankrupt. We are just ordinary fans. To be on the Board of a PLC requires a bit more than that IMHO.