RST Statement Regarding Board Politics

Buzz

Surely that together, we have a stronger voice and a better chance of representation on the RFC Board? Clearly many here have issues with the like of MD but if the RST is to be for the people, by the people and online voting is adhered to, can't there be a vote to elect that representative. No man is bigger than the club and that applies to MD also. This online voting has to be the way forward for raising issues and for gauging feeling and for taking these issues forward. Our support is so large that we will never reach consensus an everything but in light of recent events, I'd feel much happier with a Fans elected representative on that Board with them.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely that together, we have a stronger voice and a better chance of representation on the RFC Board? Clearly many here have issues with the like of MD but if the RST is to be for the people, by the people and online voting is adhered to, can't there be a vote to elect that representative. No man is bigger than the club and that applies to MD also. This online voting has to be the way forward for raising issues and for gauging feeling and for taking these issues forward. Our support is so large that we will never reach consensus an everything but in light of recent events, I'd feel much happier with a Fans elected representative on that Board with them.

Spot on. Quite why the other RST board members and spokespeople can't accept this is beyond me.

MD's continued presence is holding the RST back and they know it.

Spot on. Quite why the other RST board members and spokespeople can't accept this is beyond me.

MD's continued presence is holding the RST back and they know it.

If this is true, then surely it is quite easy to vote for a new Leader? MD himself knows that as a united fanbase we can achieve many things, if he is the root of so much ill will, (rightly or wrongly) I believe he would step aside.

The fundamental thing here is the will for the Fans to have some representation on the board. WE should vote for that representative and then vote on every topic that is to be raised or discussed thereafter at board level.

I've commented elsewhere that social media is damaging to society but social media can be used as a tool to gather ALL our opinions and present them in a black and white fashion. A platform to provide these means needs putting in place.

If this is true, then surely it is quite easy to vote for a new Leader? MD himself knows that as a united fanbase we can achieve many things, if he is the root of so much ill will, (rightly or wrongly) I believe he would step aside.

The fundamental thing here is the will for the Fans to have some representation on the board. WE should vote for that representative and then vote on every topic that is to be raised or discussed thereafter at board level.

I've commented elsewhere that social media is damaging to society but social media can be used as a tool to gather ALL our opinions and present them in a black and white fashion. A platform to provide these means needs putting in place.

Really?

Can I suggest you ask the poster RST whether this idea has been mooted in the past by RST board members and, if so, what MD's reaction was?

Why give this RST/FF evangelist the oxygen of publicity?

This is just one of many "sleeper" accounts these gobshites have on here and that they activate periodically to push a particular part of their agenda.

We 'give him the oxygen of publicity' because he is entitled to his views the same as anyone else. His motivation and beliefs are clear, as are yours. We're not about to start censoring people for being pro-RST.

is every RST statement going to call for fan representation ?

There should be fan representation BP9 - the events of the last few months simply underline such a need.

What the mechanism is for achieving that is an entirely different matter.

That RST board member was Mark Dingwall, who attended a RFFF meeting one Wednesday in 2012 and gave his backing to that group's decision to call on fans to renew STs.

Two days later, Mr Dingwall attended an RST board meeting and backed that group's decision to call on their members not to renew STs, in clear contravention of the RFFF decision.

And the RST is the body whom we are assured is best placed to represent the entire fan base?

Where are you getting this rubbish from? Firstly, the RST Board has never discussed calling for a season ticket ballot and has never had a meeting on a Friday apart from our AGM last year. RFFF business was never talked about at any of meetings as Mark was invited on as an individual and not an RST representative.

Where are you getting this rubbish from? Firstly, the RST Board has never discussed calling for a season ticket ballot and has never had a meeting on a Friday apart from our AGM last year. RFFF business was never talked about at any of meetings as Mark was invited on as an individual and not an RST representative.

So rst where not invited or did they decline to attend?

Dingbat didn't even wait to get out of the way - he spoke to them on the concourse of Ibrox, yards from where the meeting was breaking up.

To the obvious incredulity of the rest of the attendees who were spilling out of the meeting.

For the life of me I can't see why he is still there.

So, just what great secrets were leaked to the press then and why, if what you are saying is true, was he not kicked off the committee?

I choose not to believe you , that the rst would not have asked their main board member what went on.............after all it's a human trait to be nosey.

Oh really? In that case tell us about the following RST statement, released on Friday June 22nd.

RST Board Advice to Members Friday, 22 June 2012 11:56 There are a number of major issues facing the club and the support at present, not least of which is the decision on when, if at all, to renew season tickets. Given recent revelations over the failure of season ticket money to be ring-fenced as the Chief Executive Charles Green had indicated, we feel there is no other option open to the support than to delay payment until it is clear that proper corporate banking facilities are in place and supporters cash is protected from liquidators.

The RST board has serious concerns with regard to Charles Green's business model and his ability to take the club forward. It remains unclear whether he will be able to raise the £30m investment pledged at the outset of his bid and with continued speculation that the club has no corporate banking facilities our fears are only increasing. Therefore it is incumbent upon the Chief Executive and Chairman to allay these fears with guarantees and hard evidence of investment and secure the relevant banking facility required for a business the size of Rangers.

Two days prior to this, the RFFF released the following statement after a meeting which Mark Dingwall attended:

"The Rangers Fans Fighting Fund today met with Charles Green and Malcolm Murray.

During a meeting lasting three and a half hours the members of the committee sought clarity from both individuals on a number of issues.

By the conclusion of the meeting the RFFF had received satisfaction on the future security of the property assets, forward flow funding and the ring fencing of season tickets for the good of the club.

The RFFF would encourage fans to renew their season tickets at this time to demonstrate our support for our manager Ally McCoist his management team and our players.

It is time for our great support to show solidarity for the club that binds and bonds us together as Rangers fans.

End"

You were saying?

Oh really? In that case tell us about the following RST statement, released on Friday June 22nd.

RST Board Advice to Members Friday, 22 June 2012 11:56 There are a number of major issues facing the club and the support at present, not least of which is the decision on when, if at all, to renew season tickets. Given recent revelations over the failure of season ticket money to be ring-fenced as the Chief Executive Charles Green had indicated, we feel there is no other option open to the support than to delay payment until it is clear that proper corporate banking facilities are in place and supporters cash is protected from liquidators.

The RST board has serious concerns with regard to Charles Green's business model and his ability to take the club forward. It remains unclear whether he will be able to raise the £30m investment pledged at the outset of his bid and with continued speculation that the club has no corporate banking facilities our fears are only increasing. Therefore it is incumbent upon the Chief Executive and Chairman to allay these fears with guarantees and hard evidence of investment and secure the relevant banking facility required for a business the size of Rangers.

Two days prior to this, the RFFF released the following statement after a meeting which Mark Dingwall attended:

"The Rangers Fans Fighting Fund today met with Charles Green and Malcolm Murray.

During a meeting lasting three and a half hours the members of the committee sought clarity from both individuals on a number of issues.

By the conclusion of the meeting the RFFF had received satisfaction on the future security of the property assets, forward flow funding and the ring fencing of season tickets for the good of the club.

The RFFF would encourage fans to renew their season tickets at this time to demonstrate our support for our manager Ally McCoist his management team and our players.

It is time for our great support to show solidarity for the club that binds and bonds us together as Rangers fans.

End"

You were saying?

Game set and match methinks............rst/gail think you should get on the phone to furry and the one ring as to what to do next..............or will it be a Simon and Garfunkel reply from you.

This was Mr Dingwall's justification for his actions at the time, if it helps refresh your memory:

I am a Board member of the RST. I am also Secretary of the RFFF.

I abide by the rules of organisations in which I play a part.

My personal views are neither here nor there and as an office bearer I abide by votes on policy.

I am also a member of the Association and Assembly.

So he was only obeying his fellow board members' orders? Some man.

End"

You were saying?

It's a moot point because just shortly after this the Club stopped the sale of season tickets because of the banking facilities or lack of. Remember, we asked them to delay, not boycott.

It's a moot point because just shortly after this the Club stopped the sale of season tickets because of the banking facilities or lack of. Remember, we asked them to delay, not boycott.

I should give it up if I was you.

The statement (the cause of this thread!) was a good one (IMO). However, your groups previous antics has led many to not trust whatever is now said. Might I suggest your continued defense of the RST is only going to cause you more anguish as you try to argue against stuff you really can't?

So the RST board, featuring Mark Dingwall, called for fans to delay buying STs exactly two days after the RFFF, including Secretary Mark Dingwall, called on fans to renew STs. Exactly as I said happened.

And all the while poor wee Mark was only doing as he was told.

Yep, fan representation on the Rangers board is the way forward, no question. Imagine how much an RST member could achieve by doing what his fellow board members tell him then saying it wasn't his fault?

Thank you for the clarification.

End"

You were saying?

That RFFF vote was not unanimous

So rst where not invited or did they decline to attend?

Why would the RST be invited to a RFFF meeting?

So the RST board, featuring Mark Dingwall, called for fans to delay buying STs exactly two days after the RFFF, including Secretary Mark Dingwall, called on fans to renew STs. Exactly as I said happened.

Yep, fan representation on the Rangers board is the way forward, no question. Imagine how much an RST member could achieve by doing what his fellow board members tell him then saying it wasn't his fault?

And what about this:

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/fans-chiefs-blast-as-season-ticket-boycott-looms.17886924

Was Mr Dingwall not speaking on behalf of the RST here?

Your argument is based entirely on your perception that Mark Dingwall is the RST. He is a board member who has 1 vote just like anyone else. If the majority of the board vote against him then he can either just accept it or he can resign. Just like any other democratic organisation. It is not a case of anyone doing as they are told.

So, if further information came to our attention which suggested that season ticket money may not be going to the Club but to Duff and Phelps we should just have ignored that?