*** RM Sponsors’ Fund - The Official ‘Let’s Spend The Money’ Discussion Thread

govanblue

Sponsor's fund pay for tickets for Lee Rigby's family to come to Ibrox for a game?

I would suggest that if we were going to do something like this...

1. The Remembrance match would be the most appropriate time from our point of view, but this might not be suitable for the Rigby family.

2. We would need the full involvement of Rangers - we would need them to provide the very best of VVIP treatment that they can offer.

3. In line with the fund charter, only the match tickets, and other Rangers products could be paid for from the fund, but not the travel costs / meal costs. I would be confident though that this amount would be easily raised via a separate fund, just as we did with the Erskine Lunches

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. The Remembrance match would be the most appropriate time from our point of view, but this might not be suitable for the Rigby family.

2. We would need the full involvement of Rangers - we would need them to provide the very best of VVIP treatment that they can offer.

3. In line with the fund charter, only the match tickets, and other Rangers products could be paid for from the fund, but not the travel costs / meal costs. I would be confident though that this amount would be easily raised via a separate fund, just as we did with the Erskine Lunches

Spot on.

I have Jim Hannah on Facebook so we could run it past him, I knew the travel would come outwith the fund but I don't see any problems there.

We raised enough for the veterans and this is another cause I think would be very popular so the Rigby's wouldn't have to pay a penny.

Count me in. You can never do enough for a fallen soldier.

Update:

1. Erskine Veterans - The lunch has now been paid (£80 - to be deducted from Erskine Lunch fund) and the Megastore trip has been arranged. The Megastore will ensure they have staff assigned to the party to do all the running about for them.

Still to do - Hand over £20 cash from Lunch fund to the waiting staff in the restaurant & pay £120 from Sponsors' Fund to Megastore for the 6 veterans to spend.

2. Rangers Ladies - Our logo is now on Natalie Ross's profile page - http://www.rangers.co.uk/teams/ladies-and-girls/item/3616-natalie-ross

3. Raffle prizes - I'm just about to post another three prizes. We're almost there with that - sorry it's taken so long.

Update:

1. Erskine Veterans - The lunch has now been paid (£80 - to be deducted from Erskine Lunch fund) and the Megastore trip has been arranged. The Megastore will ensure they have staff assigned to the party to do all the running about for them.

Still to do - Hand over £20 cash from Lunch fund to the waiting staff in the restaurant & pay £120 from Sponsors' Fund to Megastore for the 6 veterans to spend.

2. Rangers Ladies - Our logo is now on Natalie Ross's profile page - http://www.rangers.c...16-natalie-ross

3. Raffle prizes - I'm just about to post another three prizes. We're almost there with that - sorry it's taken so long.

Nothing to apologise for GB absolutely sterling work as always.

Update:

1. Nicky Law - what a player :Law:

2. We've still got the prettiest logo in the programme sponsors' pages.

3. We got a nice mention on the Ladies page too (tu)

4. Our 2 Rangers Ladies season tickets have arrived. So if anybody wants to go see the Ladies v Hibs at home (Springburn) Tomorrow 2pm, just PM me and I'll tell you the magic word ;)

5. We got an email from Natalie Ross...

"

Hi [RangersMedia]

I am writing to thank you for sponsoring me this season for Rangers Ladies. Your sponsorship will make a big difference and I really do appreciate your help.

Hopefully you will get a chance to come and watch us some time this season and see how we're progressing.

Thanks again for all your support.

Natalie Ross

"

- I'm sure you'll all join me in thanking Natalie for getting in touch, and wishing her all the best. :clap:

6 - Shall we get another Stadium Brick? I hear the Laudrup Hall of Fame is nearly sold out.

As usual happy to with the flow regarding spending the money ---- just wanted to mention very very impressed with Law yesterday made the diff to a team that was more or less the same as last season ----- great RM ambassador (tu)

Now to score with Natalie for Natalie to score :thumbup:

As usual happy to with the flow regarding spending the money ---- just wanted to mention very very impressed with Law yesterday made the diff to a team that was more or less the same as last season ----- great RM ambassador (tu)

Now to score with Natalie for Natalie to score :thumbup:

Natalie scored today, :thumbup:

Only the one though. Amy Harrison got 5! I don't think she's sponsored yet ;)

Nicky didn't score yesterday - his coat is definitely on a shoogly peg now :D

Update:

Erskine Veterans' Day out.

This is now all fully paid as follows:

10 Ibrox Tours - donated by RFC/RCF

£120 - 6 x £20 gift vouchers for the Rangers Megastore

£80 - 10 x 3 course seniors Lunch at Argyle Restaurant, Ibrox

£20 - tip for Argyle waiting staff

£10 - tip for Ibrox tour guides

£60 - Founding Fathers' commemorative print (for Erskine Home)

Total: £290

£150 paid for by Sponsors' Fund

£140 paid for by Lunch Fund

The day out is on Tuesday 20th Aug, and hopefully we will get an update (and maybe some pics) from the day. (tu)

and finally a wee word from Erskine...

"...We actually have more residents wanting to go than spaces! The residents are really looking forward to it.

Thank you once again for this outing."

- Home Administrator, Erskine Glasgow Home.

Update:

Erskine Veterans' Day out.

This is now all fully paid as follows:

10 Ibrox Tours - donated by RFC/RCF

£120 - 6 x £20 gift vouchers for the Rangers Megastore

£80 - 10 x 3 course seniors Lunch at Argyle Restaurant, Ibrox

£20 - tip for Argyle waiting staff

£10 - tip for Ibrox tour guides

£60 - Founding Fathers' commemorative print (for Erskine Home)

Total: £290

£150 paid for by Sponsors' Fund

£140 paid for by Lunch Fund

The day out is on Tuesday 20th Aug, and hopefully we will get an update (and maybe some pics) from the day. (tu)

and finally a wee word from Erskine...

"...We actually have more residents wanting to go than spaces! The residents are really looking forward to it.

Thank you once again for this outing."

- Home Administrator, Erskine Glasgow Home.

Fantastic well done all and GB

I'd spend more on the veterans at ibrox rather than getting another brick. Great work being done here.

The hope is that we can manage both (tu)

Organise another one for some of those that missed out on the tour and lunch happy to kick in again.

That's probably what we'll do - we still have a fair chunk of Lunch Fund money left. (tu)