*** RM Sponsors’ Fund - The Official ‘Let’s Spend The Money’ Discussion Thread

govanblue

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so I am in - now where's the deeds - hookers - poll pies ?

Sponsorship Tick

Bricks Tick

Veterans Tickets Tick

RM Swear Box - Concept needs some work!

Bronze Effigy of Ally for us to worship at ?

... er thats it from me - so no help at all - I'll just vote the way GB tells me to vote when the poll comes out!

Ok so I am in - now where's the deeds - hookers - poll pies ?

Sponsorship Tick

Bricks Tick

Veterans Tickets Tick

RM Swear Box - Concept needs some work!

Bronze Effigy of Ally for us to worship at ?

... er thats it from me - so no help at all - I'll just vote the way GB tells me to vote when the poll comes out!

- All that's left for you to do now is make friends with Ed - and convince him to sign up too. (tu)

Piece of cake ;)

Does anyone remember The wee Blow up players in early seventies??

remember in the 60s seeing lex mclean with a rangers and ceptic one on stage and kicking 7 bells out of the ceptic one.was only about 9/10 at the time and its the only thing I remember from the whole show

could we get Rangers to print and frame some photos of the 140 years game and send it to the SPL clubs to remind them of what a full ground looks like?

Unfortunately those clubs would then sell them on ebay, so we'd be indirectly funding them.

We could always just buy them for our own mantlepieces though.

I love the idea of buying tour tickets for veterans....lovely.

This might sound a bit like a daft idea I don't know, but what about buying something like a 2 hour summer holiday course and raffling it out for any bears here who either has kids/nephews etc to give the kids an interest and possibly creating a future player? Does that go into Rangers?

http://rangers.co.uk...holiday-courses

the vets is always a winner. could we manage to squeeze a family member e.g. child grandchild into this scenario?

Such a thing could probably be worked out, but I see some potential issues with that, namely:

1. Most of the vets are in their 80s or 90s, so their kids will be in their seventies :D

2. Many of the vets have very little contact with their families - it would be unfair if a bluenose vet couldn't go, because he isn't in touch with his great-great-grandkids

3. Kids and pensioners on the same Ibrox tour would cause difficulties for both groups

4. Logistically, trying to bring such a thing together would be a nightmare

So I don't think it's a bad idea, in fact, it's a really good idea - but I think we'd be better to go with the simplest version of the idea first - ie 4 or 5 vets, 1 carer, their own transport, no organisation or input needed from RM except paying for the tickets.

I think there are 4 hospices in Glasgow and surrounding area, and 1 in Edinburgh - if the first one is a success, I would hope we could afford to extend the offer to all the hospices in turn.

If these prove successful, we could then look at something more complex, like your suggestion as an 'end-of-season extravaganza'.

I love the idea of buying tour tickets for veterans....lovely.

This might sound a bit like a daft idea I don't know, but what about buying something like a 2 hour summer holiday course and raffling it out for any bears here who either has kids/nephews etc to give the kids an interest and possibly creating a future player? Does that go into Rangers?

http://rangers.co.uk...holiday-courses

http://rangers.co.uk/fans/kids/soccer-schools/football-centres/item/3940-summer-holiday-courses

Doesn't sound daft to me - seems to tick almost every box in my checklist.

The courses are sold on the Rangers site, so they're official, (tick) and Rangers profit from them (tick).

£40 for 10 hours (2 hours a day for 5 days) sounds like pretty good value to me (tick)

Raffling them raises more money for the Fund (tick)

We could pre-canvass the fund members, to see how many have kids and would be interested in taking them on one of the courses. and raffle the places off amongst those Fund Members only. (tick)

We could hold the raffle before we actually book the places - that way the winner(s) get to choose the date,time, location and age group that's right for them. (tick)

The kids have a great time (tick), and one of them goes on to lift the 2033 Eurasian Cup for us. (tick)

The dates are July and August though, so if this idea gained member approval, we'd need to act very quickly on it.

We will of course have to get a guarantee from Rangers that our kids don't wear the green bibs...

8e7d507d4623ae30b8360c5039e6a1d0_XL.jpg

Does that * mean anything Bru, or is it just a post edit?

oh and *bump*

I was on my phone and was using the Rfc52 method of getting to the end of the thread, but decided I wanted to use * rather than . because I like to be my own man. I did not want to be accused of being influenced by any of the bloggers or any other influential posters. :lol:

Back on track GB, anything to do with sick kids or veterans would be supported by myself. And well done again for your great work. (tu)