Unified body to represent all Rangers fans

iang2911

I have just sent this out to some on twitter.

"I'm trying to organise a meeting with as many supporters groups as I can to discuss creating a unified body for all fans. Would you attend?"

I have been reading for a while now about the desire for fan ownership, fan charters, song books etc. and don't see anything really happening. I tried to do this before but with what has happened over the last 18 months I believe it is time for all fan groups to come together collectively, while retaining their individual organisation, and work as a unified representative forum for all Rangers fans. Something that would allow every fan to still join up with like minded fans, for whatever purpose, or not but knowing that these groups and individuals are working at some point together for the good of Rangers.

This would make the prospect of fan ownership and solving these other issues a real possibility.

If someone from RangerMedia wants to be involved, or if you think it is a shit idea, please contact me, also could you spread the word?

Thanks

Ian

WATP

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bud, I think it's more than an uphill battle, as far too many people have their own agendas. But now you have put it out there you never know.

If we dont try... I am willing to see where it goes, I am serious about this, if it comes to nothing then all I have lost is a time.

I have just sent this out to some on twitter.

"I'm trying to organise a meeting with as many supporters groups as I can to discuss creating a unified body for all fans. Would you attend?"

I have been reading for a while now about the desire for fan ownership, fan charters, song books etc. and don't see anything really happening. I tried to do this before but with what has happened over the last 18 months I believe it is time for all fan groups to come together collectively, while retaining their individual organisation, and work as a unified representative forum for all Rangers fans. Something that would allow every fan to still join up with like minded fans, for whatever purpose, or not but knowing that these groups and individuals are working at some point together for the good of Rangers.

This would make the prospect of fan ownership and solving these other issues a real possibility.

If someone from RangerMedia wants to be involved, or if you think it is a shit idea, please contact me, also could you spread the word?

Thanks

Ian

WATP

R u banned from FF yet?

Cheers for that mate, have they done it recently. If so I wont bother wasting my time..

I am serious with the good luck bit mate.

Too many little men infighting to gain some sort of credit, for which they would sell their grannies for.

When all they really do is piss off other fans with their egotistical views and achieve very little.

Trying to unite them would make it worse IMO.

There needs to be a clear out and a start again before unity can even be on the table, but that's just my opinion.

I am serious with the good luck bit mate.

Too many little men infighting to gain some sort of credit, for which they would sell their grannies for.

When all they really do is piss off other fans with their egotistical views and achieve very little.

Trying to unite them would make it worse IMO.

There needs to be a clear out and a start again before unity can even be on the table, but that's just my opinion.

THats why I am suggesting it, a clear out wont happen soon but the fans need to come together sooner rather than later and right now we have a chance to do that.

Good idea mate...... unfortunately, it's like communism, a good idea that doesn't/can't work.

Think you would have more success walking TO the moon.

Reminds me of some of the so called fans leaders who are wired to the moon :)

Good idea mate...... unfortunately, it's like communism, a good idea that doesn't/can't work.

Think you would have more success walking TO the moon.

It works quite well in other areas and if you dont try then you have already failed.

Good luck on this friend (tu) a bit like world peace, we would all love it to happen but its pretty damn unlikely, give me a shout if you need a iron fisted dictator to put the boot into those pesky RST splitters ;)

RST arecoming so we will see how it goes. Thanks for the support though. I think it is really important that boards like Rangers Media are involved as well though.

RST arecoming so we will see how it goes. Thanks for the support though. I think it is really important that boards like Rangers Media are involved as well though.

I am truthfully surprised with this bud as they strive to get people to fall in line with them and in the past have shown a total disregard as to forming a new united front under a new name.