Unified body to represent all Rangers fans

iang2911

Cheers for that mate, have they done it recently. If so I wont bother wasting my time..

Great sentiments bud but sadly far too many are only interested in their wee bit power. I was involved at the very beginning with Rangers unite, but it very quickly became clear to me that it was mission impossible.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aslong as this "songbook" isn't another poncy BlueGuide mk2 that's my main concern.

You need to be realistic about what can be sung in today's political climate, there will be no going back to the Billy Boys without serious change. The same criteria will apply to any contentious song/lyrics.

Great sentiments bud but sadly far too many are only interested in their wee bit power. I was involved at the very beginning with Rangers unite, but it very quickly became clear to me that it was mission impossible.

I know it will be an uphill struggle but I think it is worth a go, time has never been better to be honest IMO. but I might be off my head, I do realise this so it is not that bad yet!

Drop the idea of a songbook and you're onto a winner. Who gives a fuck what we sing; it's a song. A song that is sung in the moment. If feel like singing a certain song but then think "Oh no, it's not been approved by a unified body that represents all Rangers fans" yer a muppet. It's a few songs and sooner or later the SNP will get vollied out of power and we'll have our freedom of speech back. Until then, sing on. Sing proud.

You need to be realistic about what can be sung in today's political climate, there will be no going back to the Billy Boys without serious change. The same criteria will apply to any contentious song/lyrics.

I'm amazed it took someone on here so long to roll that out. Who mentioned the Billy Boys? not me. I'm worried that these new age movements want to put a block on Loyalist tunes like Sash and Derry's Walls.

Drop the idea of a songbook and you're onto a winner. Who gives a fuck what we sing; it's a song. A song that is sung in the moment. If feel like singing a certain song but then think "Oh no, it's not been approved by the a unified body that represents all Rangers fans" yer a muppet. It's a few songs and sooner or later the SNP will get vollied out of power and we'll have our freedom of speech back. Until then, sing on. Sing proud.

Like I said it was something that came up over the last while that was never resolved AFAIK, may never come up again but that won't be for me to decide as I can't be involved going forward.

I'm amazed it took someone on here so long to roll that out. Who mentioned the Billy Boys? not me. I'm worried that these new age movements want to put a block on Loyalist tunes like Sash and Derry's Walls.

Well you are making a bit of an issue regarding a song book when it was basically mentioned as just one example of any number of possible issues that the new fans' group could discuss. What you have listed under "Your location" is also a bit of a clue to your personal leanings.

Well you are making a bit of an issue regarding a song book when it was basically mentioned as just one example of any number of possible issues that the new fans' group could discuss. What you have listed under "Your location" is also a bit of a clue to your personal leanings.

Of course it's something I'd make an issue of, it's something I feel very passionately about.

The thing next to location is a bit of fun. You saying if it was legal and wouldn't get the club into trouble you wouldn't want it back?

Of course it's something I'd make an issue of, it's something I feel very passionately about.

The thing next to location is a bit of fun. You saying if it was legal and wouldn't get the club into trouble you wouldn't want it back?

It is an issue and should be addressed but I would say there are more important issues to discuss first.

It will never be made legal therefore it is a pointless discussion. This issue is detracting from the original point of the thread which is to give all fans an input into the running of RFC.

I'll help you with this if you wish.

Thanks JCD much appreciated. I'll get in touch once I have enough support for it, so far so good actually. Probably in the next day or 2, some need convincing to get back to the table but not RST. If you have contact details for RSA that would be great as well

Good Luck,

The board of this organisation should contain NO EGOS!

That will be difficult.

Also it would be an idea to have a woman involved as well. A Lot of women go to football now and feel unrepresented, some of the attitudes on here, whether serious or not are not welcoming to women.

As a Business the club needs to appeal to everyone of every age.

As for the Billy Boys, hurdles keep getting put in the way, IF a song comes back to that tune, it is unlikely to be the Billy Boys

Furthermore we are awaiting legal challenges regarding the legislation and if there is going to be any review in the close season by the Parliament.

I am sure good bears are keeping an eye on these things.

It will never be made legal therefore it is a pointless discussion. This issue is detracting from the original point of the thread which is to give all fans an input into the running of RFC.

It's only a pointless discussion because YOU brought up the Billy Boys. I've told you that's not what I was meaning.

Working on it mate. Any other suggestions please fire them at me.

You've been on here and there's that other forum too ! ! ! Added to that Gersnet, where I was telling you about Frankie. TRS you've mentioned , Blue Order and Union Bears. And if you can get any bloggers to help you would probably be a good start. See D'Arts given you a thumbs up which is a good sign.

Good Luck,

The board of this organisation should contain NO EGOS!

That will be difficult.

Also it would be an idea to have a woman involved as well. A Lot of women go to football now and feel unrepresented, some of the attitudes on here, whether serious or not are not welcoming to women.

As a Business the club needs to appeal to everyone of every age.

As for the Billy Boys, hurdles keep getting put in the way, IF a song comes back to that tune, it is unlikely to be the Billy Boys

Furthermore we are awaiting legal challenges regarding the legislation and if there is going to be any review in the close season by the Parliament.

I am sure good bears are keeping an eye on these things.

Whoever is best for the job in my book, gender does not come in to it.