McMurdo hits the nail on the head

AlCapone

I don't know anyone on the board. And I'm certainly no move and shaker.

However, from the variety of fans I do speak with - either on or offline and from different backgrounds - none have said, bugger me, Bain's a great suggestion. None.

Sorry I took the reply you made that you knew people on the board as quite frankly no-one elses opinion matters re bain if being invited to take up that position.

You really have to make your posts far clearer in the future :matron: omg who do I sound like :)

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard a few folk suggest Walter mentioned his name over CEO discussions. I've not had that confirmed by anyone I know. In any event, like I say, any time I've brought up Bain, people just say no chance so I can't see how anyone relevant would think Bain would be suitable.

It maybe the case that Bill's source is just wrong again.

Tom English seems 100% convinced, given that he's mentioned it on Twitter and on air.

According to Tom, Walter was "shouting all weekend for Bain to return" back when the board meeting took place to confirm the investigation into Green/Whyte links.

Why is everything the end of the world for some people? Why does everything have to be exaggerated and why do the same people hysterical overreact to everything?

"It's my understanding rangers will accept their place of powerlessness in the new set up and the old days of dignified silence will be the norm one more"....seriously this is the Pish mcmurdo is printing and some of you buy it? Firstly how does he know what we will or won't accept and I can guarantee you he has no clue re the pr strategy of the club moving forward! "SPL2 is definetly happening????"

I will say this again but in the real world what could the board/club have done in this situation? If we released statements saying we wernt happy that would just make us look petulant as we wernt getting our way and it probably would have solidified the push for this new body! Is it ideal having a toxic brand and board who have time and again tried to undermine us running the game...no...but at the same time short term it makes very little difference to our progress...

unlike the majority of the clubs desperate for this to go through we are self sufficient due to our fan base and the key now is to diplomatically get ourselves back onto boards, committees etc and get rangers representatives having more say on how things are ran....we can't influence anything from the outside and we need to get back voting rights and get our opinion heard from within....

Charles green did a great job but I get the impression some of you are developing "Thomas buffel" blinkers to him now....would he really have stopped this going through? Would him making statements have strengthened or weakened our position? Quess we will never know...

Tom English seems 100% convinced, given that he's mentioned it on Twitter and on air.

According to Tom, Walter was "shouting all weekend for Bain to return" back when the board meeting took place to confirm the investigation into Green/Whyte links.

Like I say I don't know any bears speaking about this so would take English's opinion with a pinch of salt.

You all do realise under administration rules Bain can't return any time soon don't you? Another Bill Mcmurdo exclusive with more holes in it than a sift...

You all do realise under administration rules Bain can't return any time soon don't you? Another Bill Mcmurdo exclusive with more holes in it than a sift...

Does that rule apply to directors who had left the club before it went into administration? Neither can Paul Murray, in that case.

Someone better tell Mini, as he's been positioning himelf for a return for months.

Whoa right there cowboy.. Tom is not a reliable source for what goes on in our boardroom.

Does that rule apply to directors who had left the club before it went into administration? Neither can Paul Murray, in that case.

Someone better tell Mini, as he's been positioning himelf for a return for months.

Don't quote me on this but I think murrays situation is slightly different as he was a non executive member of the board!

Why is everything the end of the world for some people? Why does everything have to be exaggerated and why do the same people hysterical overreact to everything?

"It's my understanding rangers will accept their place of powerlessness in the new set up and the old days of dignified silence will be the norm one more"....seriously this is the Pish mcmurdo is printing and some of you buy it? Firstly how does he know what we will or won't accept and I can guarantee you he has no clue re the pr strategy of the club moving forward! "SPL2 is definetly happening????"

I will say this again but in the real world what could the board/club have done in this situation? If we released statements saying we wernt happy that would just make us look petulant as we wernt getting our way and it probably would have solidified the push for this new body! Is it ideal having a toxic brand and board who have time and again tried to undermine us running the game...no...but at the same time short term it makes very little difference to our progress...

unlike the majority of the clubs desperate for this to go through we are self sufficient due to our fan base and the key now is to diplomatically get ourselves back onto boards, committees etc and get rangers representatives having more say on how things are ran....we can't influence anything from the outside and we need to get back voting rights and get our opinion heard from within....

Charles green did a great job but I get the impression some of you are developing "Thomas buffel" blinkers to him now....would he really have stopped this going through? Would him making statements have strengthened or weakened our position? Quess we will never know...

...Spot on ,McMurdo is at least half full of wind and pish imo...

I don't know anyone on the board. And I'm certainly no move and shaker.

However, from the variety of fans I do speak with - either on or offline and from different backgrounds - none have said, bugger me, Bain's a great suggestion. None.

No one has asked you to bugger them?

Just as well you're a Rangers fan.

Unless you're into that kinda thing :lol:

From what I have heard on a certain podcast , he is a good guy when you get to know him.

Ed there is no call for those kind of comments on bears den, repulsive, abhorant, obnoxious, those are the pleasantries I would use to describe the man.

Basically what I said in another thread.

I was told I was talking shite, I asked how so?

Still waiting for a reply to that 2hrs later.

Ed, I like your posts most the time but take the fight out of here now eh? We get you and "him" don't get on so stop winding each other up!

Cheers!

I am not winding up.............someone said that english was not to be believed , I was merely pointing out that someone of a certain position said he is a 'good guy' once you get to know him, excuse me for answering a post with the truth.

Well then looks if it's back down the Firth of Clyde for my fishing this summer :P

Bain is a rumour and that's all. Lets just deal with the facts when they are established.

He's not even that mate...he legally can't be CEO any time soon after administration...mcmurdo and his like spouting nonsense like this does no favours for anyone and just continues the uncertainty for some...