The Xbox One

Straight-Edge-Loyal

Good news for people with seven friends - both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 will allow for eight-player chat at launch.

PlayStation party chat will allow PS4 and Vita owners to converse with each other, the US PlayStation blog reported. But not all headsets will support party chat at launch.

Anyone hoping to use their PS3 bluetooth headset will need to wait for a post-launch patch in order to do so, even for Sony's own-brand PULSE headphones.

But, in the meantime, you can use the system's free mono headset.

Xbox One, like Xbox 360, allows eight-person party chat and will do so from launch,Game Informer confirmed.

You can use the included Xbox One headset out of the box, or can wait for Microsoft's current-gen headset adaptor to be released. Originally due to be released for the Xbox One's launch, the gadget has now been delayed until 2014.

The Sony Computer Entertainment Vice President of Publisher and Developer Relations has confirmed yesterday that Call of Duty Ghosts will be Native 1080p on the Playstation 4.

Surely that means it will be native 1080p on the Xbox One also?........ :)

You would think so since Activision confirmed it months ago.

Im actually a bit worried with the PS4 version, 1080p yet it looks like complete shit. If the One version is upscaled to 1080p from 720 then at least that's got an excuse for all the jaggies and not looking very good. ;)

You would think so since Activision confirmed it months ago.

Im actually a bit worried with the PS4 version, 1080p yet it looks like complete shit. If the One version is upscaled to 1080p from 720 then at least that's got an excuse for all the jaggies and not looking very good. ;)

Its not been confirmed native 1080p for the Xbox One as yet. :)

Hence Xbox fans asking the question right now on Twitter over and over again, lol, especially after Sony have just confirmed it yesterday.

A guy on the Eurogamer forums who attended the Xbox One Tour is claiming that everything on show bar Forza was set to run at 720p.

Could just be an oversight on the day, or the possibility that devs are struggling with ESRAM at the moment.

Sounds like bullshit, NBA2k & Fifa 14 are 1080p on both consoles.

Its not been confirmed native 1080p for the Xbox One as yet. :)

Hence Xbox fans asking the question right now on Twitter over and over again, lol, especially after Sony have just confirmed it yesterday.

MS has said it is up to Activision to tell about their game as it's not MS place. It's a 3rd party game.

If i was you i'd be more worried why the PS4 version looks absolutely terrible at 1080p, Jaggies are crazy.

This is why i'm not rushing out to buy either console.. Sounds like both parties are not ready for release and it's ended up being a rush job.

Yeah, I thought both consoles would be better.

It will just look slightly blurrier that's all, The scaler chips in both One & PS4 are supposed to be amazing.

That will be unacceptable to a lot of people.

If this rumour is true, Playstation will outsell the Xbox One easily.

Yeah, I thought both consoles would be better.

That will be unacceptable to a lot of people.

If this rumour is true, Playstation will outsell the Xbox One easily.

Wow out sell it? That is amazing lol

While your worrying about sales il be playing Forza 5, Battlefield 4 & Fifa 14...Good times.

Have a wee read at this...Interesting stuff.

http://www.dualshock...than-the-other/

Imagine Battlefield 4 looked better on One, The internet folk who are constantly making up rumours would be jumping off bridges.

Wow out sell it? That is amazing lol

While your worrying about sales il be playing Forza 5, Battlefield 4 & Fifa 14...Good times.

Have a wee read at this...Interesting stuff.

http://www.dualshock...than-the-other/

Imagine Battlefield 4 looked better on One, The internet folk who are constantly making up rumours would be jumping off bridges.

He played the single player on an Xbox and the Multiplayer on the PS4... hardly a fair way to compare graphics.

He played the single player on an Xbox and the Multiplayer on the PS4... hardly a fair way to compare graphics.

He played all 3 versions..., He has video's to post online of online on PS and off for One not that he only played single player on an Xbox and the Multiplayer on the PS4. EA will control what video's he's allowed to put out.

Jack is not one of these daftie fanboy who makes shit up for the insecure gamers around the world. He was over in Stockholm for a couple of days playing Battlefield 4 he has also played both console versions a couple of times before Stockholm as well.

That's not to say Dice have still to polish the PS4 version which of course could easily be the case.

Kinda disappointed by that Forza gameplay but impressed with FIFA.

Really? in what way was that video disappointing? GTplanet & Forza Forums are over joyed with how amazing it looks, The cars look like they are modeled great, track, lighting, reflections look great, Listen to the engine sounds they are incredible also you can hear the other cars drowning out each other, Draw distance and LOD levels are outstanding...Apart from PCars on a high end rig there is nothing that comes close...What on earth were you expecting? lol

Better backgrounds/landscapes. The cars are awesome but everything else is 360-esque. Maybe my expectations were too high due to all the hype.

Yeah i think your tripping...I think when you said you have issues with MS it clearly comes across in just about every post.

Anyway...some impressions from a gamer who got hands on today...

Today I took a little time out of my day to test out Forza 5 since the xbox trucks visited LSU today. I wasn't able to spend much time with the game because there was a quite a few people after me waiting to test it out. I am planning to get more face time with it tomorrow when the trucks visit a local Walmart (a bit funny they didn't bother to hit up one of the biggest malls in my state instead).

I started off by watching others play and I instantly noticed the game looked A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. I instantly started to smirk because I was thinking about the other posts from gamers complaining how the graphics look and where they messed up. Look, they made one of the dullest looking tracks in the FM series (Laguna) and gave it a facelift that definitely gives you a sense of realism. For the first time I felt I was looking and later on driving on a real track. It was a lot to take in and I was impressed. Even casual fans and randoms who do not game were like, "Wow, what game is that?" EVERYBODY wanted a piece of Forza. Folks, be prepared for a lot of new faces...

As for the track, it didn't seem quite as narrow as it does in FM4. It doesn't visually look wider, but it just feels wider if that makes any sense? Also the top of the hill before downhill left hander is a blind corner. I missed the corner every time. I'd avoid this track in multiplayer for the first month or so if you are not with friends. The corner seemed a lot more difficult than before. I loved it!!

A trend I noticed though was that nobody could control the cars. I was watching what assists people were using and the results were similar. I was a bit nervous when I finally got the controller in my hand and to be honest I am embarrassed how bad I performed. I think part of the problem is that I couldn't hear the game over FIFA, which was being broadcasted on the truck's surround sound. I think the lack of sound effected others too. It was bad. I couldn't hear when to shift or when my tires were sliding.

Which brings me to the assists. In this demo, the assists are set up exactly the same as FM4 and the clutch is still the LB button (which is another reason why I did terrible - kept hitting the A button while downshifting...haha!). Also the controller looks sleek and dare I say a little sexy? Shape wise, it looks like the old controller and holding it feels similar to the 360 controller. The big difference I noticed was it doesn't feel like plastic. It almost has a smoothness to the surface with a subtle amount of grip. The controller feels kinda soft (though hard as a rock) to the touch and feels like there is a thin piece of grippy yet nonabrasive fabric between your hand and the controller. It was super comfortable!

The rumble in the triggers through me for a loop. I didn't know how to react. I think others well feel the same way and it will take time to really understand how to use the triggers to your advantage. Also the thumb sticks feel smaller and a bit more precise. I think this will give a bunch of people a hard time. Everybody I watched was over-correcting way too much. I don't think it would have effected me too much if my fingers didn't get jumbled with the LB clutch button (ugh!) but I was still having some trouble understanding the steering inputs. I think there's gonna be some change among the people who think they are quick and those who actually are. It was probably the biggest change I noticed.

As for physics. They are different. It didn't feel like anything I've raced before. I think those with excellent track knowledge and a pretty good understanding on how the car is supposed to behave will adapt quicker. Its hard to describe, but it didn't feel like old Forza nor GT. I'm really curious to see how tuning will adjusts the car's feel. It will be interesting.

The ford really under steered. None of the stock ford FWDs in FM4 felt that bad. The Merc surprisingly drove really well. I remembered this thing in FM4 in stock mode to be not terribly responsive and rather dull. I was only allowed two races so I couldn't try the other cars. Both of these cars however didn't feel stiff or crazy loose. They felt a little "air-ie" while driving and there was a sense of unpredictability that was a bit uncomfortable. I'm assuming as I adapt to the new controller though, that things will feel a bit less unpredictable.

As for the AI, they definitely were faster but they seemed pretty generic. I'm guessing the demo doesn't have drivatar updates. However, the AI seemed like they were not using automatic. I distinctly remember hitting some good shifts while drafting the car in front and only being able to slightly gain ground on the AI player. Looks like the AI is not stuck with full auto again!! Yay!

Oh and the cars. They were gorgeous, however, I was most impressed with the interior. I missed a turn because I was looking at all the fine details to the Merc! lol.

The only thing that irked me was the in car view was still a bit restrictive (too close to the wheel) but didn't seem to be as bad as FM4.

So there you have it. An honest opinion on what I saw with the new game. Overall it seemed like it would be harder this time around, but everything was so well done that you just can't help but try and try again to get better. Most people seemed to want to keep playing and learn more. That's a great sign of a good game.

Xbox One version of Ghosts will run at 720p according to the newest rumor from a former IGN editor, and now a current editor at his own site. Jermey Conrad has said that the embargo to put up Ghosts review for Xbox One has been delayed till Nov. 12th. However, all other versions can have their reviews up on Nov 5th. We haven’t been able to directly confirm this, but it appears to be true.

Jermey is claiming that Microsoft purposely delaying the review is due to the quality being lesser of the PS4 version. Ghosts and BF4 will be running at 720p on Xbox One, but Ghosts on PS4 is at 1080p, which isn’t good for Microsoft.

http://www.charlieintel.com/2013/10/26/ghosts-reportedly-confirmed-to-run-at-720p-for-xbox-one/

So many reliable sources are saying CoD Ghosts and Battlefield will be 720p on Xbox One now that its almost certain.

And the silence and delays from Microsoft is deafening.

Meanwhile, both games will be native 1080p on the Playstation 4.

Thats that then.

But, but, but forza is dead good soitis.