The Xbox One

Straight-Edge-Loyal

Edge has done an MS with a full 180...

http://www.edge-online.com/news/the-...ntender-again/

Here, right now, Microsoft has an edge. The £80 price disparity between the two consoles will be a decision maker for many, but for others,"Microsoft’s exclusives are more convincing than anything Sony has shown on PS4 to date. Killzone is no Halo; DriveClub, now delayed, never looked like measuring up to Forza; and Dead Rising 3 now looks like a smarter bet for open-world mayhem than Second Son.

Even a second-tier title like Ryse makes a stronger case for its host hardware’s graphical capabilities, at least, than anything set for PS4’s launch day, while no next-generation multiplayer game can match "

No one expected this from Edge after how much they have been bigging up the PS4.

Halo vs Killzone: Halo is definitely the bigger franchise of the 2, but even then it's best days are behind it. 2 generic first person shooters.. doubt there's many people out there using either of these games as a barometer for which console to own.

Forza vs DriveClub

Forza is possibly the Xbox Ones biggest exclusive though... with no GT on the next gen consoles this could sway hardcore racers. DriveClub is a new game people know very little about... No contest, Forza wins that one.

Infamous vs Dead Rising

Dead Rising looks great but you know the novelty will wear off quickly.. Infamous should have longevity as the story has far greater scope.

Im on a few PS forums and Killzone is the one game that seems to be the game that is selling PS4's. I loved K2 off and online, K3 was great single but awful online...I've been put off this new one with the Owl which shows up every enemy close by and can also kill them...They are making games easier and easier every gen...Gen 9 we wont need to shoot it will do it for us. Lastest trailer for Killzone released today is defo showing off the PS4 best though graphically bar the rain it looks amazing.

Every decent preview of Driveclub commented on DC looking very unfinished, they did not even show off a single race, Sony done well not putting it up against Forza.

Dead Rising & Infamous are not two games that interest me much but Dead Rising looks the more interesting (First game was great didnt bother with the others) and the night setting is making the game look better than previous games, Infamous i find gets boring very quick well the first game did didnt bother with the 2nd...A mindless action game for the kids. GTA 5 has got the 2013 open world crown.

For me the launch of these consoles is about three games only...Forza 5, Fifa 14 & Battlefield 4

Edge has done an MS with a full 180...

No one expected this from Edge after how much they have been bigging up the PS4.

Yeah, quite a turnaround but strange how Microsoft fans believe that article but dismiss any pro-Sony article from Edge, lol. Reminds me of Rangers fans who dislike the Daily Record because they are apparently anti-Rangers but then retweet links to their articles if its something they agree with. :)

The Xbox has definitely won the pre-order battle from August 23 - October 21st in the USA though with 175k orders compared to Sony's 125k but this can be attributed to Playstation buyers knowing what they were buying and getting their orders in earlier. As it stands the Playstation has 725k orders in total compared to Xbox's 525k. Of course, the real fun will start when the consoles are released and Xbox may well sell as many consoles as the Playstation 4. I doubt it but its possible. (we also have to remember that the USA is typically Xbox territory so it will be interesting to get the figures for Europe and Japan)

As for the games:

PS4

CoD Ghosts - 298k

Battlefield 4 - 273k

Killzone: Shadow Fall - 250k

Assassins Creed 4 - 213k

Watch Dogs - 153k

Destiny - 89k

Madden NFL - 81k

NBA 2K14 - 59k

inFamous - 57k

Knack - 40k

xbox one

CoD Ghosts - 329k

Battlefield 4 - 153k

Assassins Creed 4 - 137k

Watch Dogs - 95k

Forza - 90k

Dead Rising 3 - 86k

Ryse - 82k

Destiny - 66k

Madden NFL - 58k

Titan Fall - 50k

How do you have access to pre order numbers in the US or North America?

You say "the real fun will start when the consoles are released and Xbox may well sell as many consoles as the Playstation 4. I doubt it but its possible"

No the real fun starts when gamers start playing games on the new consoles rather than being obsessed with sales numbers.

How do you have access to pre order numbers in the US or North America?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/10/21/xbox-one-vs-ps4-top-pre-ordered-next-gen-video-games/

You say "the real fun will start when the consoles are released and Xbox may well sell as many consoles as the Playstation 4. I doubt it but its possible"

No the real fun starts when gamers start playing games on the new consoles and dont get their kinckers in a twist about sales numbers.

Yeah, its "all about the games", I've heard that one a million times, lol. The business aspect of it is of great interest to some but I can understand if that side of things bores others.

http://www.forbes.co...en-video-games/

Yeah, its "all about the games", I've heard that one a million times, lol. The business aspect of it is of great interest to some but I can understand if that side of things bores others.

VGChartz haha surly you know better than that??

Here's an amazing stat for you that will have you creaming your pants...

PS3 outsold Xbox 360 in the US this month to stop 360 being the no.1 console for the 33rd consecutive month. The GTA 5 bundle got it to no.1

Why are people bickering? They both do the same thing. Personally for me it's playstation, for no other reason than it always has been that way since ps1. I had a 360 and a ps3 thought that the 360 was probably the better of the two last gen.

Both is best :)

I was the same. Had a PS1 and PS2 (also had the the PS3) but switched over to the Xbox 360.

Can proudly say I never bought a Nintendo Wii though, lol

I actually started with the 360 but moved to ps3 because all the majority of my pals had ps3, was pretty gutted tbh

I actually started with the 360 but moved to ps3 because all the majority of my pals had ps3, was pretty gutted tbh

Ouch. On the bright side, you saved yourself a monthly subscription fee. :) Always a silver lining and all that.

Oh and I've got a Wii aswell :lol:

lol, Do you still play it or has the novelty worn off?

ps, I'm hearing that CoD Ghosts will only run at 720p on the Xbox One. Thought they'd maybe at least get 900 out of it.

How do you kno he didnt subscribe to PSN+? VGCharts? lol

Forza is not the game that could make or break the Xbox though. Call of Duty is, and if it can only run at 720p that is a disgrace. May as well just bring it out for the 360...

You are correct, Jimmy may well have had PSN+.

As for VGCharts, they do have their haters.... after their run-in with Microsoft. :)

Saw these rumours about Ghosts on 720p but i dont buy it tbh. The devs arent disagreeing so far though which is strange. Confirmed to be 1080p on PS4, will look grand. I think i will be getting Ghosts on PS4 3 weeks before the console, lol. More rumours saying all platforms are getting a 5th Nov release!

Saw these rumours about Ghosts on 720p but i dont buy it tbh. The devs arent disagreeing so far though which is strange. Confirmed to be 1080p on PS4, will look grand. I think i will be getting Ghosts on PS4 3 weeks before the console, lol. More rumours saying all platforms are getting a 5th Nov release!

Activision confirmed 4 months ago that the Xbox One and PS4 versions would be 1080p 60fps

http://www.eurogamer...box-one-and-ps4

Here is the PS4 version of Ghosts...It doesnt look grand It looks bloody awful! Jaggies everywhere. If it's native 1080p then there is serious issues with aliasing which is most likely the trade off with 1080/60

http://uk.ign.com/vi...argame-gameplay

With games going 60fps this gen expect alot of cross platform games to be sub HD upscaled to 1080 on both consoles (Battlefield 4 being one i reckon) However i expect Ghosts will be 1080p on both systems (going to be alot of red faces on the internet if it is 1080p on One) as it really does look like shit.

Ouch. On the bright side, you saved yourself a monthly subscription fee. :) Always a silver lining and all that.

lol, Do you still play it or has the novelty worn off?

ps, I'm hearing that CoD Ghosts will only run at 720p on the Xbox One. Thought they'd maybe at least get 900 out of it.

Novelty wore off a long time ago, it was more a family present my dad got for us, waste of money really.