Bristol City Friendly

Does anyone else think their is any coincidence that Bristol City agreed to release Richard Foster from his contract after we have agrees to a Friendly with them?? Basically us paying for him....as the friendly must be worth at least 300k for them!! Not got a problem with this.... Just got me thinking

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone else think their is any coincidence that Bristol City agreed to release Richard Foster from his contract after we have agrees to a Friendly with them?? Basically us paying for him....as the friendly must be worth at least 300k for them!! Not got a problem with this.... Just got me thinking

Are you an agent?

That's a great idea :-)

I said the same the other day, makes sense to me.

Going to be a great weekend, I think it will attract at least 10,000 City fans plus whatever you lot bring. The Cider will be flowing, the sun will be out (probably) the park opposite will make a great venue for some City v Gers fans matches. I am yet to meet a fellow City fan who doesn't think this is our best pre season friendly for a long while. We played Ajax 4 years ago that is the only thing that comes close for me.

Going to be a great weekend, I think it will attract at least 10,000 City fans plus whatever you lot bring. The Cider will be flowing, the sun will be out (probably) the park opposite will make a great venue for some City v Gers fans matches. I am yet to meet a fellow City fan who doesn't think this is our best pre season friendly for a long while. We played Ajax 4 years ago that is the only thing that comes close for me.

Most our fans won't understand you lot from goal kicks when you go "your shit ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" :lol:

Whats the deal with tickets are they out yet? Not a season ticket holder myself but can easily get friends or family to get me a ticket when they are for sale. Really looking forward to this just need confirmation of a ticket so I can get the cheapish train fare from London confirmed.

Same question as badjon, what is going on with these tickets? I am also not a season ticket holder but really want to get to this game. Do people anticipate there being many bears in the home stands? If there are only 4000 tickets allocated to us and (rightly so) season tickets holders get offered these first, it seems highly unlikely I will be able to get my hands on any in the Gers end. I don't mind going in with the City fans but would obviously be far better if there were a lot of others Rangers fans in there too!

Hope you're right mate. Just going to head to Bristol with or without a ticket and just hope I can pick one up outside.

You will get a few there no problem mate , it's only a friendly so there's always a few spares being sold

Don't think the season ticket holders will sell all so I'm sure there will be a public sale

I'm no so sure mate if 6 thousand Sheffield ones for a Wed night went in 2 days, then just under 4 thousand Bristol ones for a sunny Saturday could go in the same time.

The only saving grace might be the fact that a couple of thousand Bears that travel will be in Belfast for the 12th, but there's loads I know flying to Bristol from Belfast tho.

I'm no so sure mate if 6 thousand Sheffield ones for a Wed night went in 2 days, then just under 4 thousand Bristol ones for a sunny Saturday could go in the same time.

The only saving grace might be the fact that a couple of thousand Bears that travel will be in Belfast for the 12th, but there's loads I know flying to Bristol from Belfast tho.

according to owl stalk mate , first allocation has sold 3,500 we have now asked for bottom tier aswell ?

Tickets are on sale Tuesday. Although ground capacity is listed as 21,000, in reality the football capacity is 19,500 unless they decide to go with no segregation. There should not be any problem with Rangers fans buying tickets in our end for this match. Usually it would be a bad idea and Leeds fans who bought tickets in our end were attacked only last year, but this is a friendly match and City fans respect the status of Rangers and respect the loyalty and size of the fan base.

Those arriving on the Friday night will find Bristol a great place for a night out, and lovely ladies as well, although I must say I was equally impressed by the Glasgow ladies I met on my stag do a few years back.

Tickets are on sale Tuesday. Although ground capacity is listed as 21,000, in reality the football capacity is 19,500 unless they decide to go with no segregation. There should not be any problem with Rangers fans buying tickets in our end for this match. Usually it would be a bad idea and Leeds fans who bought tickets in our end were attacked only last year, but this is a friendly match and City fans respect the status of Rangers and respect the loyalty and size of the fan base.

Those arriving on the Friday night will find Bristol a great place for a night out, and lovely ladies as well, although I must say I was equally impressed by the Glasgow ladies I met on my stag do a few years back.

thats home end tickets? our TO hasnt had any correspondence from Bristol regarding tickets

thats home end tickets? our TO hasnt had any correspondence from Bristol regarding tickets

OK, sorry I didn't realise that. It seems bizarre that home and away tickets aren't on sale at the same time. Can you not just buy them from bcfc.co.uk ?

The roof is low in the East End, so the acoustics are brilliant. Four hundred Peterborough fans sound really noisy so I can imagine the racket 4,000 Gers fans will make. However, if you play any long ball stuff then you may find the ball disappears from view!