Trialists in cup ties

Just a thought, given that the cup runs are viewed by many fans as the bench marks for the coming season; does anyone know what the rules state regarding trialists playing in cup ties?

We have four cup ties (hopefully) to play before the illegal registration embargo is lifted.

WA indeed TP

Trialists has always just been a Scottish lower division thing, league cup includes the top league as we know.

True, but they changed the trialist rules with the new league set up, wasn't sure if that included the League Cup or not.

It used to be that you could field 2 trialists in the first round of the Ramsdens Cup only and you weren't allowed to field trialists in the league cup. Under SPFL rules I am not sure if any of this has changed.

I was mate, who do you think is our current best player?

I would say Wallace

And if Temps can get consistent then he'd be in with a shout.

If Macleod keeps progressing he could be unstoppable whn we hit the SPL

We won't need to play trialists in the early cup games,we should be good enough without them in ,if not the ones that do play should not be at Ranger's

Why the apostrophe?

I would say Wallace

I just hope we can keep the 3 of them for when we're back on top, and that the vultures don't circle and get them cheaper than they would normally be.

Just a thought, given that the cup runs are viewed by many fans as the bench marks for the coming season; does anyone know what the rules state regarding trialists playing in cup ties?

We have four cup ties (hopefully) to play before the illegal registration embargo is lifted.

WA indeed TP

Will definitely be a benchmark Iain - a real test for our manager.

The league cup was run by the SFL, to be honest it became meaningless without the other Two, anyway the SFL is now part of the SPFL and I wonder if they just adopt the current Rules or would they have to make their own.

I would say Wallace

Agree with this completely !!!

New rules will probably fuck us of playing trialists in cup games anyway as the anti-Rangers establishment will always try and hinder us.....fuck the spfl rheagan and dhoncaster....WATP....WE SHALL OVERCOME !!!

Would certainly say those three and Law are a level above everyone else at the moment.

Temps and MacLeod have more potential than Wallace, IMO, whilst Lewis is more consistent than Temps.

Yeah consistency is one of Macleods strongest attributes.

And if he starts adding goals (as he seems to now be doing) he could be worth a pretty penny.

*rubs hands together, can't wait for season to KO* :lol: