Right back tomorrow? ?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think with Foster we have a half decent full back for this level, we were all down the left at times last season. With Wallace and his pace down the left and foster and his pace down the right I would like to think we will be hitting the bye line more. I want two fullbacks who are going to bomb up and down the park for 90 mins and overlap the templeton etc. Only time will tell but let's hope for a more flowing and exciting team this year. Let phase 2 begin.

Faure is hopeless at full back and why Ally continues trying him there despite the evidence is at best baffling. Argyriou wouldn,t get a game for a junior side,Cole,when fit, is really a central defender like Hegarty. Mitchell had one good game at right back last season but struggled the next so we will have to rely on Foster who,I think,is and always has been a light weight defender.

Is Cole a centre half? I've only ever seen him play left back, right back and central midfield (a position he looked comfortable in). Cole really is an enigma, to me he has the attributes to play in our team. If it's an attitude problem then that really is a shame.

McAusland isnt an RB.

He looked comfortable at CB today. When he got dragged out towards the corner flag, he was getting skinned, so with that, I would agree with your assessment of him not being a RB.

He did look good at CB, although he didn't have much to do. Will be interesting to see how he does when playing against better opposition.

Yea it was an XI ... no idea how each individual performed but the XI was

Alan Smith;

Ryan Sinnamon, Chris Hegarty, Darren Cole, Kris Gibson (Craig Halkett 73mins);

Barrie McKay (Jamie Burrow 60mins), Charlie Telfer, Andy Murdoch, Tom Walsh;

Darren Ramsay (Danny Stoney 80mins); Callum Gallagher (Dylan Dykes 84mins)

So Cole is fit? Would rather seen him play today rather than Faure.

Heard nothing but good things about Telfer.

CM but can play full back?

He looked comfortable at CB today. When he got dragged out towards the corner flag, he was getting skinned, so with that, I would agree with your assessment of him not being a RB.

He did look good at CB, although he didn't have much to do. Will be interesting to see how he does when playing against better opposition.

Erm he was right back the whole game today!

I think with Foster we have a half decent full back for this level, we were all down the left at times last season. With Wallace and his pace down the left and foster and his pace down the right I would like to think we will be hitting the bye line more. I want two fullbacks who are going to bomb up and down the park for 90 mins and overlap the templeton etc. Only time will tell but let's hope for a more flowing and exciting team this year. Let phase 2 begin.

I think that is Allys plan, we will need a beeter DM than Black fir it to work properly though.

Hopefully that man is Perlata (sp)

Is Cole a centre half? I've only ever seen him play left back, right back and central midfield (a position he looked comfortable in). Cole really is an enigma, to me he has the attributes to play in our team. If it's an attitude problem then that really is a shame.

When he first broke through, he was a RB. After that game against Bursaspor, Walter said he thought he had the attributes to be a good CB and that he was going to train him up in the youth team to play CB, but he has only ever played as a full back when he has played in the first team.

He looked really good last season till he got injured.

To me, he looks like a wing back. He has the pase to get up and down the flank and has a really accurate cross on him. Much better than Argyriou and Faure imo.

Should be back up to Foster (if not ahead of him) for the RB position this season.

No your wrong faure was CB beside jig...and macusland was right back...100%

Sorry, you're right. I was going by the line up they gave on TV.

Swap around the names in my post above where I was saying McAusland looked comfortable at CB, but dodgy when dragged towards the corner flag (tu)

When he first broke through, he was a RB. After that game against Bursaspor, Walter said he thought he had the attributes to be a good CB and that he was going to train him up in the youth team to play CB, but he has only ever played as a full back when he has played in the first team.

He looked really good last season till he got injured.

To me, he looks like a wing back. He has the pase to get up and down the flank and has a really accurate cross on him. Much better than Argyriou and Faure imo.

Should be back up to Foster (if not ahead of him) for the RB position this season.

Saw him stroll a Rangers XI game against Stirling last year in centre mid. Never heard of him playing centre half, not sure that would be best suited to him.

Saw him stroll a Rangers XI game against Stirling last year in centre mid. Never heard of him playing centre half, not sure that would be best suited to him.

Any time I saw him play in youth or under 19 level he played central defence.Walter started him in the first team at right back but then Walter tended to play central defenders at right back: Boli,McPherson,McLaren,Moore etc.

That was his first game wasn't it?

Felt gutted for the boy.

Was there not a point where he had more international cap than first team appearances?

I am sure that game against the scum was his first league game for us, although iirc he came on as a substitute for Kris Boyd against St.Mirren in the semi final of the SC a few months earlier. You could be right with the caps comment,because he made his debut against Poland as a sub in the 90th minute of a WCQ (I still rib my Polish friends about that game ) :lol:

I am sure that game against the scum was his first league game for us, although iirc he came on as a substitute for Kris Boyd against St.Mirren in the semi final of the SC a few months earlier. You could be right with the caps comment,because he made his debut against Poland as a sub in the 90th minute of a WCQ (I still rib my Polish friends about that game ) :lol:

Was that when boruc was in goal anf got it tight for the full game? I know there's a youtube video going about with it on it.

Unless you're talking about the away game?

Aye, that game that he got subbed straight at the start was against the scum (that's why I said I felt sorry for him) I thought that was his first game?

You might be correct though.

Defo was the first time I seen him play.

Any time I saw him play in youth or under 19 level he played central defence.Walter started him in the first team at right back but then Walter tended to play central defenders at right back: Boli,McPherson,McLaren,Moore etc.

How did he look at CB? Better or worse than RB?

The very little game time I've seen him have, has all been at RB.

He's strolled every game.

I'm surprised we didn't go for Jordan McMillan this year.

He's a better RB than Foster,.a Rangers die hard, and would be cheaper. I also think Foster plays better at LB.

Was that when boruc was in goal anf got it tight for the full game? I know there's a youtube video going about with it on it.

Unless you're talking about the away game?

Aye, that game that he got subbed straight at the start was against the scum (that's why I said I felt sorry for him) I thought that was his first game?

You might be correct though.

Defo was the first time I seen him play.

yea mate! that was the game at Windsor Park. I have a Polish mate who lives here in Australia who flew over for that game and he has never recovered from that result :lol:

As for his first tem debut,I could be wrong about the cup game against St.Mirren,but it strikes a chord with me,so perhaps a fello bear could give us some info.

The game against the scum was definitely his debut in the league (tu)

yea mate! that was the game at Windsor Park. I have a Polish mate who lives here in Australia who flew over for that game and he has never recovered from that result :lol:

As for his first tem debut,I could be wrong about the cup game against St.Mirren,but it strikes a chord with me,so perhaps a fello bear could give us some info.

The game against the scum was definitely his debut in the league (tu)

I remember both incidents well - boruc =:lol:

As for Little, I remember him starting and within a couple of minutes, Maloney was making him look like a pensioner (I never realised he'd pull his hammy) and thinking "this is the slowest player I have ever seen" then the replay came on and I realised he'd pulled up (kudos on him still being able to chase with a pulled hammy) I just felt gutted for him after that, coz he must've been buzzing 2mins before that. Can't imagine how gutted he must have been. It would probably have had me in tears being that young and getting a start against THEM and no being able to contribute anything at all and having to go off so early. I think he pulled up almost straight after KO, but they left him on to see if he could run it off, but we all know he never.