Thoughts from today

Stevie13

Law- very good. Fizzled out a little second half but always wanted the ball and was very assured in possession.

Black- best I've seen him. Looked like the player I thought we signed.

Faure- thought he was very assured and confident. Looks leaner and stronger. Looking forward to him showing us more.

Little- seen no positives from his performance. Clumsy in possesion. Stupid fouls given away. Not really sure what he brings. May struggle come September.

Crawford- don't see what this boy brings, bar his energy. Not a great striker of the ball, not very assured, not great with it at his feet. Maybe being a wee bit harsh but don't believe this boy is good enough

Thought the team actually played nice football and the formation is very good. Works well. Chants and banners were a bit shite though

Hard to believe anyone could give there thoughts for today and not mention daly`s performance.A bit early in the season for negativety but safe to say he`ll have better days.

Missed a lot of chances but he still got into them! His link up play was good though and he chased everything as per. Thats what I like about him, for a big guy he covers a fair chunk of that field which was a fair bit playing as a lone striker at Ibrox. The one where he hit the post was a shocker though! :lol:

Missed a lot of chances but he still got into them! His link up play was good though and he chased everything as per. Thats what I like about him, for a big guy he covers a fair chunk of that field which was a fair bit playing as a lone striker at Ibrox. The one where he hit the post was a shocker though! :lol:

Looked easier to score a few of the chances he had, but to be fair to the fella he didn't let it affect him and kept plugging away. Wins a lot in the air and holds it up well. Slow as a week in the jail but I think we knew we weren't signing a speed merchant didn't we.

Hard to believe anyone could give there thoughts for today and not mention daly`s performance.A bit early in the season for negativety but safe to say he`ll have better days.

Went out my way not to criticise him. Think he tried well but didn't have a great day.

Enough promise for me there not to criticise. Think he could be a good player this year

Agree with pretty much everything stevie13. Crawford was high energy but low impact. Always turning or passing backwards, not very good in the middle of the park, looks uncomfortable when receiving the ball. Looks like a full back to me. Daly will come good he is a wrecking ball of a striker. Even when he is missing chances he is working for the team.

Law and Wallace look a class above the rest.

Agree with pretty much everything stevie13. Crawford was high energy but low impact. Always turning or passing backwards, not very good in the middle of the park, looks uncomfortable when receiving the ball. Looks like a full back to me. Daly will come good he is a wrecking ball of a striker. Even when he is missing chances he is working for the team.

Law and Wallace look a class above the rest.

Do you think Crawford can offer any bring past this? I don't.

I have a feeling we have seen what he has. He has no real guile or creativity, seems to panic as well. May be being harsh, he's a young lad after all. Jus dont see what he brings. Particularly when there are more creative skill full players on the bench- aird etc

A great first half, we could have came of at half time leading by 5 or 6 we created that many chances, second half the tempo dropped, I think it was the fact we had to shuffle the defence, in the first half the centre backs were playing the ball out from the back but in the second half hegarty just doesn't have the ability to do that, that said it was a good performance night and day to last season.

Do you think Crawford can offer any bring past this? I don't.

I have a feeling we have seen what he has. He has no real guile or creativity, seems to panic as well. May be being harsh, he's a young lad after all. Jus dont see what he brings. Particularly when there are more creative skill full players on the bench- aird etc

I think he'll lose his midfield place to shiels or peralta on current form. Think he has the attributes of a very good full back. I'll give him time though

I thought wallace and nicky Law were impressive.

On another day Dalys chances would have fared better.

Black looked much more at home and I loved Dean shiels goal.

I am really looking forward to september when Ally can field all of his new signings and hope that they will gel into a formidable team.

Thought the big man was class today. Gos with out saying he should have scored a couple but that the nature af the beast.

Good point - on another day he'd have had 4!

Bit mixed all round from the team as a whole - bits of real class mixed with some of the sloppiest play I've ever seen.

Thought the football in the firs half was great. Couldn't help but feel Little and Crawford were weak links throughout

The pitch looked really good today give all the nonsense stadium rumours. Feels great to see the Ibrox pitch looking like it needs a game of football played on it!

With only 2 trialists played, it shows how capable we are of destroying any of the lower league teams.

It appears Black is a far better player with quality midfielders around him, and some of the play between him, Law and Wallace was outstanding.

Fast, fluid passing in the first half, and the latter end of the second half suggests that we should dominate matches, and we easily looked the superior side. Daly missed a few sitters, but you can tell that we're going to MURDER a lot of teams this season, especially at Ibrox.

Very pleased with the performance, and to be fair, it will only get better from next month.

Keep it up, lads.

Thought we played well aside from the time in the second half that we allowed Brechin back into it for a short spell. Law and Black impressed me the most, also thought Wallace and Faure had good games, and Gallagher as well (I would keep him as back up rather than getting a new GK in and sending him on loan)

Good performance today, particularly 1st half.

It's early days yet but the difference between last season and to what we saw today is night and day. Last season if we won 2-0, it was 2-0 going on 2-0 ( this isn't texting well ! ! ) but today we won 4-1 going on 8-1. I think we'll start taking these chances soon, with all players available, and start handing out some big wins. Good start.