Back Page of The Sun - Gers £22m Is Gone

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While I am quite worried now I still think it's deluded to see Paul Murray as some type of magnificent savior.

I agree. I don't think we are going to find that savoir that's going to come in and back us with millions.But surely there has got to be someone out there that can run this club soundly.

I know mate. It's getting to the point where I'm scared to come on here. Always a new fucking headline about our off topic issues.

Shite aint it. I feel like, since im young, all ive ever know is some kind of boardroom drama and financial uncertainty.

How i long for the days of past, fed up with all this.

I don't think I've read as much utter rubbish on one thread on RM before this. The number of posts which are based on "headless chicken" mentality is depressing. People panicking without having a clue on finances. Accusations and insults without actually considering the situation. Clearly most people never read the IPO prospectus nor have ever looked at the historic RFC accounts. It is also obvious that most posters fail to recognise what one-off costs we have incurred in the last year.

I shall now endeavour to throw some light on the situation for those who haven't yet thrown themselves in the Clyde or other deep water source closest to their computer. All figures are approximate

We had old football debt £3.4m

setting up the IPO £2.5m

Edmiston House £1.0m

Albion Car Park £1.8m

Paying off 3 players £1.0m (very much a guesstimate)

New screens £1.0m

Wifi £ ?

Payback running costs

for early part last season £7.0m (another guesstimate)

Whyte/Green enquiry £0.5m

Essential maintenance £ ? Ibrox and Murray Park

Player wages £8.5m

Other overhead costs £8.0m (based on historic figures)

Directors salaries £1.12 ( Based on 7 directors)

Directors bonuses £0.9m

Football management £1.5m

That is an approximate figure of just over £40m although some of these are guesstimated amounts.

Last year we had ST and gate receipts of approx £10m. Hospitality unknown, sponsorship unknown, Sports Direct £1.5m Catering unknown, TV income was peanuts, basically last season's income was disastrous. IPO £23m. Let us assume that income matched expenditure.

Going forward, we have Puma money to come in (100%), still to receive 90% of Blackthorn money, our retail deal should bring in additional revenue, hospitality packages are reputedly better than last year. Advertising revenue will be better, wage costs are down, our catering should provide income. Our own media will also help. We will have further gate money from pay as you go fans. From last year's figures above we will have none of the one-off costs listed which will be a saving in the region of £19m.

I have based my guesses on previous season's costs etc to try to give as accurate figures as possible without having the actual information.

To finish my post I will remind you all that the IPO prospectus stated that further inward investment may be required.

Shite aint it. I feel like, since im young, all ive ever know is some kind of boardroom drama and financial uncertainty.

How i long for the days of past, fed up with all this.

Yeah it's the younger generation I feel sorry for as well. All of this pish in the past 18 months or so has been a dark cloud over our club. It will take a while for all this pish to be sorted out. But it will eventually happen and we can start talking about football again.

Stockbridge lied and if he has provided info off the record, has broken the laws he stated he had to adhere to at the meeting.

If he has provided the info as said, then he will be gone without a doubt.

I think there have been a lot more than him leaking info from the board, i am sick of it, we have had people inside Rangers leaking private info to the press for years now.

In literature, there are example of artifacts, swords, shields, armour, talismans, books, that are said to bestow magical powers upon whoever wields them or takes them upon their person. Then there are other artifacts, cursed, stained, blighted, hidden away so as to protect people from their corrupting influence.

The Sun newspaper is such an artifact. The merest hint of a glance upon its thrice-cursed pages will diminish the mind of the reader. After a few seconds, they cannot think properly, and after a few minutes, they think only in grunts and "ook" noises.

This is why I never "read"* the sun.

*"Reading" the sun is to reading anything else, as building stacks of Duplo is to being a master architect. It is neither difficult nor rewarding.

I don't think I've read as much utter rubbish on one thread on RM before this. The number of posts which are based on "headless chicken" mentality is depressing. People panicking without having a clue on finances. Accusations and insults without actually considering the situation. Clearly most people never read the IPO prospectus nor have ever looked at the historic RFC accounts. It is also obvious that most posters fail to recognise what one-off costs we have incurred in the last year.

I shall now endeavour to throw some light on the situation for those who haven't yet thrown themselves in the Clyde or other deep water source closest to their computer. All figures are approximate

setting up the IPO £2.5m

Edmiston House £1.0m

Albion Car Park £1.8m

New screens £1.0m

Wifi £ ?

Payback running costs

Player wages £8.5m

Directors bonuses £0.9m

That is an approximate figure of just over £40m although some of these are guesstimated amounts.

Last year we had ST and gate receipts of approx £10m. Hospitality unknown, sponsorship unknown, Sports Direct £1.5m Catering unknown, TV income was peanuts, basically last season's income was disastrous. IPO £23m. Let us assume that income matched expenditure.

Going forward, we have Puma money to come in (100%), still to receive 90% of Blackthorn money, our retail deal should bring in additional revenue, hospitality packages are reputedly better than last year. Advertising revenue will be better, wage costs are down, our catering should provide income. Our own media will also help. We will have further gate money from pay as you go fans. From last year's figures above we will have none of the one-off costs listed which will be a saving in the region of £19m.

I have based my guesses on previous season's costs etc to try to give as accurate figures as possible without having the actual information.

To finish my post I will remind you all that the IPO prospectus stated that further inward investment may be required.

Good post mate, I didn't realise a stock floatation was so expensive, is 2.5m based on anything?

Chris Graham takes enough shite from the other mob and doesn't need this from his own.

This

Don't know Chris myself but he's a bear so some of the people on here need to remember that.

The lack of respect for proper fans with the club's best interests at heart is fucking naff.

setting up the IPO £2.5m

Edmiston House £1.0m

Albion Car Park £1.8m

New screens £1.0m

Wifi £ ?

Payback running costs

Player wages £8.5m

Directors bonuses £0.9m

- Will further inward investment happen though?

He disrespects his own fellow fans plenty including telling lies and exaggerations about them.

I've only seen the guy on STV a couple of times and his posts as Fury on here. Seems like a decent guy with the club's best interests at heart.