Laxey Partners bought the 3%

simplythebest

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why has King (i'd be happy with)or the mcColl guy not invested is there a reason.

McColl is apparently committed to his current business who are currently in a critical stage of development. King has been offered shares from the current regime on numerous occasions but says he will not pay 70p per share when their only worth 42p and the amount available on offer would give him no say whatsoever.

How to read this transaction... hmm...

1. We are fearful of investor/directors who are lining their own pockets at the expense of the club and the bulk of the shareholders. How do Laxey traditionally react to such situations? By removing the offenders

2. Why is this? Laxey have a shareholding but no skin in the game in terms of management. Their only route to pecuniary satisfaction is an inflating share price. This will come neither in the short-term nor by allowing berks to run us into the ground. This would not suggest their providing immediate succour to the incumbent regime.

3. Laxey's raison d'etre is "shareholder activism"; they agitate for change. Such agitation does not favour the current board.

So... good or bad; I have not the first hint of a scintilla of a clue in terms of inside knowledge.

My merely informed position is "A Good Thing" for the reasons outlined above.

McColl is apparently committed to his current business who are currently in a critical stage of development. King has been offered shares from the current regime on numerous occasions but says he will not pay 70p per share when their only worth 42p and the amount available on offer would give him no say whatsoever.

The only reason i feel King has some merit is he was the biggest Investor bar Enic Group a while back the others who seem to be playing the media need to put up or shut up.

Surely King even Buying up Nominal amounts would eventually lead to some say on the board.

The only reason i feel King has some merit is he was the biggest Investor bar Enic Group a while back the others who seem to be playing the media need to put up or shut up.

Surely King even Buying up Nominal amounts would eventually lead to some say on the board.

He would certainly be able to put backing behind any overthrow, but he doesn't want to back them either. I thinks that's how most fans feel. There is also the small case that he has just had his assets unfrozen but still faces criminal charges. So don't know how that would sit with the fit n proper made up winging business.

If someone has sold 3.1%, they've crossed percentage barriers (eg gone from 10.1%>7% or 3.1%>0%) which require disclosure to the LSE - they are legally obliged to tell Rangers today, who are also required by the Stock Exchange to declare by COB today....unless it was lots of little buys Laxey managed to get a hold of (which I doubt).

Credit Suisse are just brokers. They could be selling on behalf of anybody, but it was a big holding. The LSE declaration states that it is 4.99% of the voting rights. Laxey are the buyers and my reading of the declaration is that the shares they bought yesterday are in addition to the shares they are contractually bound to purchase from Green in December. Whether or not all this is a good thing or a bad thing depends entirely on the identity of the seller.

IF true wee hoopy won't be happy; Laxey Partners Ltd (LPL) is a globally active value investor.

Investment philosophy

LPL conducts investments in companies which it feels are undervalued. Having researched these companies in great detail, LPL encourages and supports these companies to fulfill their potential and hence enhance shareholder value. LPL has a strong track record in this respect and its associates have substantial international expertise in focusing on the delivery of shareholder value.

Laxey must be pretty sure our shares will rise & I agree.

Guess this kicks into touch the Rangers in admin by xmas guff.

Unless they bought 3% of the shares just to throw money away i'm guessing they must have some idea of how the clubs finances were going before laying out that kind of money.

True very true.

Guess this kicks into touch the Rangers in admin by xmas guff.

Unless they bought 3% of the shares just to throw money away i'm guessing they must have some idea of how the clubs finances were going before laying out that kind of money.

I wouldn't be sure about that mate....they could make money from MP.

IF true wee hoopy won't be happy; Laxey Partners Ltd (LPL) is a globally active value investor.

Investment philosophy

LPL conducts investments in companies which it feels are undervalued. Having researched these companies in great detail, LPL encourages and supports these companies to fulfill their potential and hence enhance shareholder value. LPL has a strong track record in this respect and its associates have substantial international expertise in focusing on the delivery of shareholder value.

Laxey must be pretty sure our shares will rise & I agree.

Sounds like a good thing for those looking for a gain on their shares. Does Hoopy have a lot of shares in us?

Will be very interested to see how this eventually plays out. With Laxey now having nearly 5% of the voting rights, the 714285 shares they will acquire from Charles Green in Dec will obviously increase their voting share to beyond 5%. By then who knows what the share value will be - more of the stuff we've seen recently could I suppose drive it lower so if they acquire the Green shares in Dec for a lower price than they paid today then when they get into gear and start to push for a quality of management performance that drives share value up then when they sell they will of course make some dosh - maybe even some decent dosh from their investment. That's their business and anybody today could buy shares in the Club and hold them until the share price improves and make some money.

If allied downstream to like-minded shareholders then enough votes could be assembled to force the issue with whoever happens to be occupying the hot seats in the Boardroom at Ibrox at that time. Another EGM - another purge of Directors - another trauma while Supporters and investors are put through the mill of debate on who is best placed to be on the Board and to drive the Club in the right upward direction at the right pace with the right leadership skills and to deliver the results on the pitch through the management and team, and deliver the right sort of value for shareholders for a Club with a worldwide revenue earning potential.

Don't know much about them but doing nothing and allowing festering does not seem to be the way they work. Action would be expected sometime but as to when - well if I knew that I'd be rich and simply buy the Club outright.

new article in the Herald......a quote from it

It remains unclear who sold the shares, although former chairman Charles Green is prevented from transferring any of his stock until December.

Rangers announced in June that Green had agreed to transfer over half a million shares to Laxey. The deal was struck last October but, under the terms of a lock-in agreement, the transfer of Green's 714,285 shares to the Isle of Man-based investment firm cannot take place before December 7.

It is expected that Laxey has acted because it believes the current share price, of 41.5p, undervalues the club.

As a hedge fund, it would hope to make a profit if the price rose naturally during a takeover, or if its 5% shareholding became particularly valuable to one or both sides of an ownership battle.

Laxey Partners has a history of buying small stakes in firms and then lobbying aggressively for changes that will make shareholders money.