Joint Statement Aheard of Board Meeting

North Rd

Exactly. No doubt someone will come on and say "but they don't talk for the support, they talk for their members" ... that's bollocks and they know it. They are happy for people to assume they are the voice of the fans. TannochsideBear said on here last week that the people doing these interviews sometimes say to the reporter that they are only speaking for their members and the papers still misreport them but if they do that then they should refuse to give them these wee snippets and interviews in the first place.

They don't do enough to stress these things and IMO are ego-maniacs

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, this was the final straw with these jokers.

I was willing to give them a chance and to be open minded about ALL the people involved in the absolute mess that is going on right now at our beloved team.

But no, they decide to make a statement purporting to be the voice of the rangers fans.

Well here it is for me (and maybe thousands of others?)

You, the lot of you rst, rsa, etc DO NOT SPEAK FOR ME. I am not a robot. I can make my own mind up on matters and, quite frankly, many of the people in your ranks seem to think they are uber rangers fans when half of them could not even spell rangers.

Anyway, rant over. Make your own choice bears. Not one dictated from wannabe blazer owners

I felt that boat rock there :thumbup:

Guys like tannochside are true bears. And there are many like him I have to say but their are equally many who, frankly, do not have a clue on the mood of the rangers support.

but I have had enough of these organisations from top to bottom.

Evening Times headline as I walk along Sauchiehall Street "Gers fans say sack Green". Factually correct however it could have read "On behalf of our members which are limited we request Green be sacked and no we dont speak for all Rangers fans.

I think they just merged it into here mate

they did. Apologies to all mods but I was fuming there!

If i was home, I would have kicked the dog and then went onto a politics forum and argued with even more govan venom

I'm sick of these people purporting to represent the fan-base as a whole. They do not represent me, my family or my friends, all good Rangers fans. We have never been asked our opinion on this or any other matter.

I have just checked the 3 web sites, RST, RSA and Assembly and only see this statement on the RST site.

I would like to know who decided on the statement content. I'd also like to know if they balloted the membership before making the statement or was it an "executive decision".

As for the content of the statement,

I agree that we are concerned about expenditure.

I don't agree that Green undermined McCoist or the team. Green said what most people are thinking.

I do not agree that we should back the board changes recommended by McColl etc. We have no clarity from McColl and his

Perhaps an EGM is exactly what we require.

The RST, RSA and Assembly need to be told in no uncertain terms to rein in the rhetoric on the level of their fan representation. If they don't actually canvas the supporters for their opinions and hold ballots then their claims carry no weight whatsoever.

I felt that boat rock there :thumbup:

you are right enough though! Ha! Captain just said to me what's wrong with you and then just laughed. "Rangers again I guess?" he is Indian btw and we are offshore singapore just now but he obviously seen the look on my coupon!

I'm touched (and somewhat disturbed) to find one or two people find my programme buying habits a suitable topic of conversation in a thread about a more important issue but ultimately it's probably best to laugh such attention off elsewhere than take threads off-topic here.

There are some strange people about unfortunately so much better to ignore them when their intentions are less than honourable. :)

Furry is not impressed with your banter towards Frankie. He's bleating away about RM and the posters like never before to his supporters on Twitter.

I do find it all rather said to be truthful, both these guys set themselves up as public figures in the Rangers story , yet act like children when someone asks questions relating to their comments on here as this is the only place I have any way to reply to them.............no the throwaway comment about the match prog, was in reply to him saying he does't buy one, then when a tweet from something called gersnet is out up the word always appears.

As for the other guy at least he can't be caught out by me as i do not have twitter account, so afe he is on there.

I'm touched (and somewhat disturbed) to find one or two people find my programme buying habits a suitable topic of conversation in a thread about a more important issue but ultimately it's probably best to laugh such attention off elsewhere than take threads off-topic here.

There are some strange people about unfortunately so much better to ignore them when their intentions are less than honourable. :)

Right back at you Frankie, what seemed to be a joke, you found important enough to put on twitter. As to taking the thread off topic, I don't see it a big deal since RM been discussing these issues for weeks.

Strange people you need to expand on that..it's a forum and people can't handle different points of view......strange or not strange. Re the match prog you freely stated you do not purchase one yet it helps the club and you are all for that, yet in twitterland you add the word always.......is that not strange...........so what is it, you don't buy one or not always.

Honourable yeah you seem to keep company with someone who drifts from that, anyway get back to your twitter..........hope your emplyer never does a check on the amount of time your own line ;)