Jim McColl in tomorrow's Record - Mather Must Go

Zappa

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apart from all those who investigated it you mean?

But as fishing attempts go it is very minor league, as is to be expected.

While it may have been investigated and nothing illegal or untoward found, it still doesn't mean that the situation wasn't directed in the desired path. Why would Whyte want "his people" in place to handle the process. At the time, this was seen as him getting one over on HMRC, if I remember correctly?

I don't understand all the little investors Mather etc... Seen an oppertunity for a return.

So did I to get Rangers shares at 70p in the third division even the wee man so a potential return.

But when McColl won't invest 1.4% of his wealth to control the club for once then he should jog on.

Said it once before CG MCCOLLED HIS BLUFF AND HE DID WALKING AWAY.

Buying Rangers is spare change to McColl. Now I will get he doesnt want to buy a football time as he is too busy.

Put his own proxy in.

While it may have been investigated and nothings illegal or untoward found, it still doesn't mean that the situation wasn't directed in the desired path. Why would Whyte want "his people" in place to handle the process. At the time, this was seen as him getting one over on HMRC, if I remember correctly?

And hmrc did not object to d&p

Here's the new regime - same as the old regime. McColl and Murray have now established, in my view, a firm track record of destructive tactics to obtain what they want. Demands for sackings without giving substantive reasons based on hard fact are destructive - when, before 01 Aug, the Board was pursuing a path of stability and with Charles Green in the background and out of media attention in France. Murray and McColl blew that apart by the call for the GM. They have not tabled any positive plan of what they would do better nor have they said why their proposed replacements for the Board are better qualified to do the job and what they would do differently to improve the way Rangers operates. Like the previous senior execs at Rangers they have elected to pursue their objective by using the media as the weapon of choice to influence people. In these 2 matters alone it demonstrates to me that their standards of behaviour are not the standards that should be rewarded by places on the Board. It is a power-grab attempt. Add to that the tactic of calling for a GM knowing that what they seek could be discussed and voted at a forthcoming AGM - knowingly therefore costing Rangers money if the meeting had to be held. Acting in Rangers' best interests? Hardly, the evidence being they have had to back off for now on a GM. Their aggressive and destructive approach may yet succeed. A far more preferable line would have been to have waited for the facts of the accounts to speak for themselves and for judgements about credibiltiy of performance of Directors to be taken in the light of the financials and of the forward certain and work in progress business plans for cutting costs and generating funds. But no, we have those who aspire to have control prematurely shooting off all over the media in a determined rush to seemingly bully their way into the Boardroom.

I am not saying Craig Mather is the most suitable person to be CEO. In my view he does not have the leadership skills or commanding authority to do that job. COO was probably best for him in my view. He said there had been a competition for the CEO job but curiously nobody at Ibrox seems to have said who the competitors were. For a salary of £300+ k per year plus the rest of the package I think we have a right to know who else applied for the job and was rejected. I'm not against his performance or that of all other Directors coming under critical review. It should be based on the facts from the accounts and the plans looking forward and of the evidence of the Board having done what it said it would do. When these are on the table, then is the time to have the full and proper debate about whether they are fit to carry on or to be replaced. Until then, all this stuff from McColl and Murray looks to me like no better than an opportunistic grab for power without bringing anything positive to the table, including any additional investment that might have helped their case.

I wish they would all just shut up for now - wait for the accounts to be published - and represent their views and table their requests for change and why replacements would be better, at an AGM. There really is no need to say any more in the media other than if the desire is simply to whip up angst and turmoil as a tactic to try to help the case for change. And if that is done, then here's the new regime, same as the old regime.

I know im like a broken record on this but when the request for an EGM was submitted, at that point in time, the Board had not confirmed that the accounts would be out in September and that the EGM as per the Stock Market rules, would follow in October. Again, i reiterate, the accounts are not due until something like April 2014.

My understanding is that the requisition followed hard on the heels of the Boards decision at the end of July to bring Charles Green back in as a consultant which had still to be announced to the press. Whilst it is right to say, at that point, Green was in the background in France, he was only days away from being revealed as being back again. (tu)

At pain to point out this is not me taking sides either way, just wanting to make sure that people see the opposite side. (tu)

If he had genuine concerns why not buy shares so he can have power to do something about it?

He seems to be doing plenty about it without having bought shares. His experience, knowledge, contacts and business acumen would be invaluable to Rangers. Nobody comes close to him or Frank Blin on the current playing field. That is the level that we should be operating at.

well said McColl. let the shareholders vote for what they want. get the crooks out.

Yeah let's chase all the Investors away,including that unsuccessful businessman Mike Ashley,get the Bedsheets out and Chase them all.

That's the Rangers way isnt it?

Yanks go home Mike Ashley ---- off and awerat.

Honestly I am at a loss,.

He seems to be doing plenty about it with having bought shares. His experience, knowledge, contacts and business acumen would be invaluable to Rangers. Nobody comes close to him or Frank Blin on the current playing field. That is the level that we should be operating at.

Sorry but I cant take you seriously after that first sentence.

That's not how I remember it. As I said, I remember it being seen as a victory for CW to get "his people" in place at the last minute.

So what agenda driven memory do you have?

That whyte got to admin before hmrc enforcing it to allow d&p in? Correct.

That once the judge ruled d&p were in hmrc complained and it dragged on for days before hmrc stood down on this one?

Whyte won a race to get d&p in that is it... nothing more.

D&p have been investigated and I am sure bdo would have said something before now.

So what agenda driven memory do you have?

That whyte got to admin before hmrc enforcing it to allow d&p in? Correct.

That once the judge ruled d&p were in hmrc complained and it dragged on for days before hmrc stood down on this one?

Whyte won a race to get d&p in that is it... nothing more.

D&p have been investigated and I am sure bdo would have said something before now.

So you agree on that? Why would it be of any benefit to him to win that race?

I know im like a broken record on this but when the request for an EGM was submitted, at that point in time, the Board had not confirmed that the accounts would be out in September and that the EGM as per the Stock Market rules, would follow in October. Again, i reiterate, the accounts are not due until something like April 2014.

My understanding is that the requisition followed hard on the heels of the Boards decision at the end of July to bring Charles Green back in as a consultant which had still to be announced to the press. Whilst it is right to say, at that point, Green was in the background in France, he was only days away from being revealed as being back again. (tu)

At pain to point out this is not me taking sides either way, just wanting to make sure that people see the opposite side. (tu)

It is widely reported that the requisition was made before Green was made a consultant.

So you agree on that? Why would it be of any benefit to him to win that race?

I have no clue the fact is hmrc did not object. I have no agenda here all I want is people come in where actions speak louder than words. So far mini and mccoll have just stirred shit in the public domain.

Sorry but I cant take you seriously after that first sentence.

Are you referring to my clear typo in having typed "with" instead of "without"? Or do you disagree that he has managed to actually do plenty without buying shares? Or is it the fact that he hasn't invested any of his hard earned cash so therefore he should be excluded from doing what he can, in the way he knows how, to help the club?

Are you referring to my clear typo in having typed "with" instead of "without"? Or do you disagree that he has managed to actually do plenty without buying shares? Or is it the fact that he hasn't invested any of his hard earned cash so therefore he should be excluded from doing what he can, in the way he knows how, to help the club?

We're going round in circles here, Jim McColl is a chancer IMO. You clearly disagree. That's me done here.

We're going round in circles here, Jim McColl is a chancer IMO. You clearly disagree. That's me done here.

I am not aware of going in round in any circles. I made a point that you disagreed with and then I asked you to clarify what point you disagreed with? Fair enough the that we disagree, but it would be nice if you could at least explain yourself as to why you disagree with me.

So, Jim McColl, a successfull self made billionaire, is a chancer? Okay then.

I can't say the same for Paul Murray, but the chance to have guys like McColl and Blin involved with the club in any way should not be overlooked.

It is widely reported that the requisition was made before Green was made a consultant.

Timeline: Based on interviews and documents:

Mid to late July - Board contacted Green and agreed for him to comeback. Walter wasnt happy and spoke to a "few people" about it.

Tuesday 30th July - "few people" slapped in the requisition request

Friday 2nd August - Charles Green is officially announced as being a consultant

Monday 5th August - Walter resigns as he was conflicted with the requisition request

Thursday 8th August - The fans meeting is held and Stockbridge says the accounts will be completed in September.

Oh for simpler times ,when I started supporting Gers in the 50s-60s the only thing that upset you was if the team was playing rubbish and we were getting done by the tims.Someone who knows will you please answer this question,are Rangers living above their means?If so then we are going down the same road as before,the money aint in Scottish football,we will just have to accept that! What will the benefit be in getting rid of Mather and others will Rangers still survive without being in grate debt? :mecha-anguish:

No matter which side you lean towards in this issue we must all actually find out what Mather, Stockbridge, Smart have done wrong. What about Easdale and Hart? What have they done right? What will McColl, P Murray and Blin do which will improve RFC and which they believe Mather and the other 2 can't deliver. Why didn't McColl, P Purray and whoever not buy the club from the administrators? What was it that stopped them? Would they have succumbed to the SFA / SPL demands to stay in the SPL. Would they have fought for our titles?

I was reasonably open-minded before about a change in the boardroom but the way McColl and Murray are behaving, I'm starting to lean towards the existing guys. I can't see why some compromise cannot be reached for the betterment of the Club but the intransigence shown by McColl and Murray for no publicly known reason is setting off alarm bells with me.

The AGM / EGM is going to be interesting.

One thing that isn't in doubt is Murray is a fan who dies attend most matches Why we need him on our board I'm not sure. How many shares does McColl have. Is it like 500 quids worth or more? Can anyone start a campaign to ask for someone to be put on the board cause I reckon I would be a good addition

Only if you bring back "the policy" mate ;-)

Will he not need the board to vote on this. He can't do it himself. As you said we are debt free so why would have have to do this.

The new board may not have an option and secondly they won't spend any of their money(fact), which leaves the fans to fund Rangers which barely covers running costs, nothing different to the present board, so why do we need change, it's got nothing to do with money it's all about control and the old guard getting it back. CG reckon rangers needed about 80 to 100 million to run efficiently and given that we ran on 60 million with Europe money and still racked up debt. I was just highliting the fact that this take over bid will not take the club forward and that's what it should be doing.