What we could of done with the IPO money

Gazza82

What would your reaction be if someone wanted to buy our club, rebrand it and let us start again from the bottom?

We are too big mate plus you wouldn't buy someone from the bottom the whole point is to get back to the top quicker

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are too big mate plus you wouldn't buy someone from the bottom the whole point is to get back to the top quicker

We're not too big in a hypothetical situation. What if Man City wanted to buy us, because the owner got bored and wanted a plaything in another division. It wasn't about 'getting to the top' just about having a team in our league setup.

You wouldn't have that for a second, would you?

We're not too big in a hypothetical situation. What if Man City wanted to buy us, because the owner got bored and wanted a plaything in another division. It wasn't about 'getting to the top' just about having a team in our league setup.

You wouldn't have that for a second, would you?

The man city owner is one the richest guys about if he bought us we would have the finances to win the champions league

The man city owner is one the richest guys about if he bought us we would have the finances to win the champions league

Urgh, I hope that was a deliberate missing of the point. He'd buy the club, flatten it and open it up as his own. Our club wouldn't exist anymore. They'd simply buy the framework, the thing you're so keen on. We'd be a new side wi no history starting from the bottom.

Happy, aye?

Aye like City have.

Can't wait to see these £20mil plus players coming to Scotland.

Are you stupid, deluded, or a complete wind up merchant? Or just lhurking....

Aye like City have.

Can't wait to see these £20mil plus players coming to Scotland.

Are you stupid, deluded, or a complete wind up merchant? Or just lhurking....

To be fair, that was in my hypothetical response to him about someone coming in to buy our club and start it as his own.

Urgh, I hope that was a deliberate missing of the point. He'd buy the club, flatten it and open it up as his own. Our club wouldn't exist anymore. They'd simply buy the framework, the thing you're so keen on. We'd be a new side wi no history starting from the bottom.

Happy, aye?

I don't think he would though mate we are already a worldwide global brand why start a fresh when he could already use established brand it wouldn't make sense?

He would pump money into the team make sure we strolled through the divisions, got wuropean football then build a team strong enough to compete with the best

I don't think he would though mate we are already a worldwide global brand why start a fresh when he could already use established brand it wouldn't make sense?

He would pump money into the team make sure we strolled through the divisions, got wuropean football then build a team strong enough to compete with the best

Christ. Pretty sure you are at the wind up. Either that or you are properly thick and missing the point. It's idiotic and unbelievably arrogant to state that we could/should buy over any club to take their league place. It's disgusting. If you believe we had the right to do that then you would have no right to complain if some horrible businessman came in and did the same to us.

No rational Rangers fan would be so idiotic about this situation. Can't imagine you are gonna last long here

Christ. Pretty sure you are at the wind up. Either that or you are properly thick and missing the point. It's idiotic and unbelievably arrogant to state that we could/should buy over any club to take their league place. It's disgusting. If you believe we had the right to do that then you would have no right to complain if some horrible businessman came in and did the same to us.

No rational Rangers fan would be so idiotic about this situation. Can't imagine you are gonna last long here

Why not mate their was talk of us buying Bury to get into the EPL and as far as I could gather our support where 50/50

I think theirs only one idiot in this thread if you really think if someone bought us they would start a fresh instead of using our already established worldwide brand

Why not mate their was talk of us buying Bury to get into the EPL and as far as I could gather our support where 50/50

I think theirs only one idiot in this thread if you really think if someone bought us they would start a fresh instead of using our already established worldwide brand

The RangersMedia™ definition of an idiot chart.

4ghp.jpg

If you paid any attention whatsoever, I was using a hypothetical situation to illustrate that buying a football club and 'rebranding it' is utter scum behaviour and that you wouldn't like it should someone do the same to your club, so why should you be so arrogant as to think we could do the same to anyone else.

But don't worry you go on ignoring the point in your sad little wind-up.

If you paid any attention whatsoever, I was using a hypothetical situation to illustrate that buying a football club and 'rebranding it' is utter scum behaviour and that you wouldn't like it should someone do the same to your club, so why should you be so arrogant as to think we could do the same to anyone else.

But don't worry you go on ignoring the point in your sad little wind-up.

We are too big though for that to happen to us so its not a very good or believable comparison IMO

I still believe if we had the chance to leave Scotland most bears would be in favour of buying a small club like Bury. If we aren't leaving Scotland then what's the difference from doing it to a club like Killie or St Mirren?

It seems people's opinions are determined by the final outcome if it was to just get up Scottish leagues faster, no thanks, if its to get into the EPL, yes please

Bit hypocritical dont you think?

Someone in another thread mentioned how Airdrie bought Clydebank and rebranded them and its got me thinking

We could have bought a team like Kilmarnock who are looking to sell and rebranded them to Rangers

It would mean we would still be playing in the top flight and if it was done at the start of last season we could potentially be playing European football by now

Why didn't Green or any of the board think about this? Too busy fighting among themselves IMO

"What we could of done??" (of done??)

The title is a dead giveaway.

We are too big though for that to happen to us so its not a very good or believable comparison IMO

I still believe if we had the chance to leave Scotland most bears would be in favour of buying a small club like Bury. If we aren't leaving Scotland then what's the difference from doing it to a club like Killie or St Mirren?

It seems people's opinions are determined by the final outcome if it was to just get up Scottish leagues faster, no thanks, if its to get into the EPL, yes please

Shut the fck up

Bullshit, because then Rangers would not exist anymore.

What part of this is it you don't get?

The loophole Airdrie used was closed by the sfa a few years back.

Would have been impossible to buy any clubs registration and transfer it over.

Even if it was possible the level of hatred against Rangers would have probably meant the sfa kicking Rangers out of football for good not to mention the fact that Rangers would then technically be killie as the club would have their registration number.

It is possible however to buy an English non league club and transfer registration.