The Rangers Takeover - Will the truth ever come out?

Ger77

We are now 6 months into the BDO investigation and over a year down the road since Strathclyde Police began their criminal investigation of Craig Whyte's takeover of our club.

When will we ever get the answers and the justice we deserve?

surely it is illegal to take money out of your employees wages under the pretence that you are paying their tax/ni. Then sticking it in your pocket.

Strangely it is not illegal to not pay tax / it's a civil matter and all that can happen is fines and disqualification as a director - but Mr Shyte made fraudulent actions (alledgedly lol) and that is illegal

Strangely it is not illegal to not pay tax / it's a civil matter and all that can happen is fines and disqualification as a director - but Mr Shyte made fraudulent actions (alledgedly lol) and that is illegal

I don't think he's committed fraud either. Fraud is using someone else's name, as far as I know, he used his own name.

It will never come out,these wealthy individuals always cover every move,its how they become wealthy in the first place. There is no such thing as an honest business man,the really wealthy ones are super smart. Its just heart wrenching that it happened to our club. Who started the slide ? David Murray who's hand was forced by loydds bank.

I don't think he's committed fraud either. Fraud is using someone else's name, as far as I know, he used his own name.

Fraud can cover a number of things. In this case it's whether or not he fraudulently took over the club. If what we have been told is true he signed a document that as part of his purchase of the club for £1 he would pay off the £18m bank debt to Lloyds from his own financial reserves. We now know he did not do this, but used money supplied by Ticketus. Money that according to them was also fraudulently obtained by his withholding of information on his legal status of being banned from holding the office of company director. What you are describing is identity fraud, a different form of fraudulent crime.

Fraud can cover a number of things. In this case it's whether or not he fraudulently took over the club. If what we have been told is true he signed a document that as part of his purchase of the club for £1 he would pay off the £18m bank debt to Lloyds from his own financial reserves. We now know he did not do this, but used money supplied by Ticketus. Money that according to them was also fraudulently obtained by his withholding of information on his legal status of being banned from holding the office of company director. What you are describing is identity fraud, a different form of fraudulent crime.

I know the difference. Folk seem to think Whyte will go to jail, at worst he will get cited to a civil court (which you don't have to legally attend in Scotland) and be ordered to pay back money, which legally, nothing will happen to him if he doesn't pay it.

I know the difference. Folk seem to think Whyte will go to jail, at worst he will get cited to a civil court (which you don't have to legally attend in Scotland) and be ordered to pay back money, which legally, nothing will happen to him if he doesn't pay it.

Not so from my understanding if you fraudulently get 18m from somebody I reckon he'll do time. It's not like somebody getting a loan and not paying it back.

Still can't understand why hmrc gave Hearts a winding up order for non payment of paye after 4 weeks of non payment but they let shyte away with it for 9 months?

Should be a public inquiry into what went on lot of people/organisations seem to want to cover this whole thing up.

Not so from my understanding if you fraudulently get 18m from somebody I reckon he'll do time. It's not like somebody getting a loan and not paying it back.

I honestly thought it was fraud not to pay HMRC taxes. Anyway, I am actually surprised that no-one had attempted to do this clown in. I'm not saying I'm condoning violence but I genuinely am surprised