Paul Murray/Ronnie Esplin

bawsburst

we have one of the best business men in the country backing and supporting PM

A man who sees Paul as part of the solution to our issues and a man who can take us forward.

That in business is a quite remarkable bit of support that very few would be given.

We have some though who would look this gift horse in the mouth.

Paul is a quite fantastic business man a man of strong belief and attitude.

A man for the Future... The Future is Rangers........so get behind him and together we will reap the benefits (tu)

Do you believe Scottish Independence is a good idea because McColl does?

I don't want to turn this into a political debate but this is the sort of logic you're using, McColl wants Murray so the rest of us also should.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to discuss this with you in more depth however Mrs B&T wants me to help get stuff organised for our weekend in Perth.

Now this in truth involves for me no more than putting my golf clubs in the car and perhaps a change of clothes.

So I will check in again shortly but for the moment you should trust what B&T is saying trust what Mr McC is suggesting and most important trust in Paul. (tu)

Do you believe Scottish Independence is a good idea because McColl does?

I don't want to turn this into a political debate but this is the sort of logic you're using, McColl wants Murray so the rest of us also should.

I am against independence and will fight it with every breath I take

I admire your diligence in making sure that the right people are appointed, but why are you questioning the abilities of just one of the directors/prospective directors? Why not the same scrutiny of Smart - or McClelland for that matter?

McClelland was vice chair for the ECA in July 2008 along with at the time joan laporta and the guy at AC Milan. You wouldnt get into such positions if he wasn't respected

seems he aint perfect but that for me is an issue of heart.

My heart is British his aint it would appear.

His business brain is not in question though.

Heart has a big part in it but so does the future of Scottish businesses etc.

My point is, simply that 'Jim McColl wants him' is not a reason that we should all want Paul Murray. Make your own mind up at least.

McClelland was vice chair for the ECA in July 2008 along with at the time joan laporta and the guy at AC Milan. You wouldnt get into such positions if he wasn't respected

You don't need to convince me about McClelland. I was just wondering why PM is the only person you appear to be scrutinising.

Heart has a big part in it but so does the future of Scottish businesses etc.

My point is, simply that 'Jim McColl wants him' is not a reason that we should all want Paul Murray. Make your own mind up at least.

Is it not more a case of what McColl represents (i.e. disgruntled investors) rather than the man himself which is important? He's really nothing more than a front.

Is it not more a case of what McColl represents (i.e. disgruntled investors) rather than the man himself which is important? He's really nothing more than a front.

The investors might represent a desire for change but who is deciding that Paul Murray has to be part of that change?

You don't need to convince me about McClelland. I was just wondering why PM is the only person you appear to be scrutinising.

He is the only man shouting for a place on this board, That's fine show us your business record that's leading you to believe you should be on the board paul and let us fans decide.. That's all am saying Were is the proof that paul Murray is a top business man.

Your assertions are frankly nonsense, Murray was no more than a water carrier at Deutsche Bank, when asked to stand on his own two feet he failed spectacularly.

At Martin Currie fund managers he failed to hit his target by an astonishing 90% raising £20 million as opposed to the required £200 million, his services were dispensed with the one and only time he was ever asked to step up to the plate.

24xkmjc.jpg

24xkmjc.jpg

You have a point ?

MARTIN Currie has suspended the launch of a European private equity "fund of funds", and the person hired from Deutsche Bank Capital Partners to manage it has left, after raising just (pounds) 20m of the proposed (pounds) 200m fund.

In February 2003, the Edinburgh-based, privately-owned investment management group declared its intention to build a "fund of funds" to be called the Martin Currie European Capital Trust.

It hired Paul Murray, a former 3i executive and a founding partner of Deutsche Bank Capital Partners, to manage it.

The mid-market fund of funds was last year being touted to institutional clients in both the UK and USA with the goal of raising (pounds) …

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-10002591.html

Big DJ has his say:

THE Ibrox boardroom battle took another twist this week with the announcement that four men - John McClelland, Paul Murray, Frank Blin and Sandy Easdale - could be appointed as directors of Rangers.

THE Ibrox boardroom battle took another twist this week with the announcement that four men - John McClelland, Paul Murray, Frank Blin and Sandy Easdale - could be appointed as directors of Rangers.

In a statement to the Stock Exchange, the club also said that, if the proposals are accepted, nobody from the current board would be forced to stand down.

But we then had a statement from the Jim McColl/Murray camp yesterday afternoon that insisted there was no 'vote of confidence' in the current regime and that all directors, new or old, would have to stand for re-election at the AGM in October.

Once again, there is confusion over what the situation is and fans are being left in the dark wondering what is going on at their club.

On the face of it, I can't argue with what has been put on the table and I would be happy for Paul, Frank and John to join the board.

I have said in this column for some time that we need Rangers men on the board at Ibrox, people who have been there, done it and have the best interests of the club at heart.

We need people who want to be there for the long haul for the love of Rangers, not in it for the short-term and to earn a few quid and shoot off again.

I don't know Frank Blin personally but he has got a great reputation and is very highly respected in his field. If Jim McColl backs him, that is certainly good enough for me. And I am sure it will be good enough for the majority of Rangers fans, many of whom are keen to see Frank take a seat at the Ibrox top table.

As far as John McClelland is concerned, he did a great job for Rangers before and I am sure he will do again, if indeed he does return to the club as chairman.

He took over when David Murray lost interest and did a very good job for Rangers, cutting the wages and sorting out the finances. He knows what the club is all about and he won't come back on board for the short-term.

I have got no problems with John returning, I think it would be a good appointment and a good move for Rangers.

Paul Murray is someone I know personally, I know his love for Rangers and his credentials in a business sense as well.

He is someone who has supported the club all his life and he has put his money into Rangers for many, many years. He could have walked away when the Blue Knights didn't get the club but he didn't.

He cares that much about Rangers and he wants to get involved again because he feels he can help them. He wants to come back in again and I am sure his appointment, if it does go through, will go down well with fans.

He is someone they know and that they can trust. I am happy with the proposals that have been put forward. We can see people that we know and that we can trust getting closer to a seat on the board.

I would have no problems with the latest proposals being put into action. Some people might say that having nine men on the board is too much. I don't mind if there is 15 there, as long as they are working for the best interests of Rangers and for the fans, who have stuck by the club through all of this and just want it to come to an end so that we can start looking forward with positivity.

Paul feels for the club. Just because he was there before doesn't mean he will be bad. He knows the club, knows what it has gone through and knows football. I think him, Blin and McClelland coming on board would be excellent.

We need the right people with the right qualifications to run the club and these three guys have that.

McColl was never going to put any money into Rangers. He is a concerned fan that wants things done right but he doesn't want to be involved hands-on. He couldn't sit back and do nothing, though, and that is why he has tried to do what he thinks is the best course of action.

The board there just now know that this could be a huge problem for them so they are trying to get a compromise.

The big question will then be who is running the club? If you have nine board members, who is calling the shots? If John comes back as chairman, will he run the club or will it be Craig Mather?

We can't have daily board meetings to make decisions. John and Craig will have to work very closely together.

You will have fans who have reservations about these latest developments. But Paul and John have Rangers at heart, they will make a difference and their possible appointments to the board are a step in the right direction.

This saga has gone on for too long and, unfortunately, I am sure there will still be plenty of twists and turns ahead before everyone is satisfied with the outcome.

Big DJ has his say:

Has DJ seen PM business record? I am sick of this pish Rangers men because they have the best for the club at heart.. We don't need Rangers men running us to get out of this mess, What we need/ deserve is WORLD CLASS business they will sort this pish.

Has DJ seen PM business record? I am sick of this pish Rangers men because they have the best for the club at heart.. We don't need Rangers men running us to get out of this mess, What we need/ deserve is WORLD CLASS business they will sort this pish.

You're beginning to sound a bit like Bomber and his title deeds!

Thon Blue and True would make you furious eh. McColl is no different to David Murray, both hit the big time with a few deals although at least the Charlatan didn't want to rip our country apart. I David Murray wanted someone on the board, would we all have so much faith in him because he made a few quid? McColl and his opinion are put on a pedestal when the facts are he isn't even a Rangers fan, has invested a bus fare and is a nationalist wanker. Why the fuck does he get to pick and choose who is on OUR board? Murray is nothing but a kept man, his business record shows nothing to write home about.

Thon Blue and True would make you furious eh. McColl is no different to David Murray, both hit the big time with a few deals although at least the Charlatan didn't want to rip our country apart. I David Murray wanted someone on the board, would we all have so much faith in him because he made a few quid? McColl and his opinion are put on a pedestal when the facts are he isn't even a Rangers fan, has invested a bus fare and is a nationalist wanker. Why the fuck does he get to pick and choose who is on OUR board? Murray is nothing but a kept man, his business record shows nothing to write home about.

to be fair his business record looks great if you have never had a job, these past 30 years, or 71 quid in your bank