Ricky Burns V Raymundo Beltran

I never said it was, However to avoid what happened on sat why didn't Ray just go in and finish him off? He broke his Jaw he then put him on his arse and he still couldn't get the job done. Ray shouldn't of needed to deepened on the judges scores to win that fight. That is when the power is taken away from the boxers, It was never a draw but when you don't finish your opponent of things like this can happen... That's why I am saying the fact burns was still in there after 12 rounds IMO should mean he keeps his belt.

Why go out and open yourself up trying to knockout an opponent when you know you are ahead on the scorecards (or at least should be)?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why go out and open yourself up trying to knockout an opponent when you know you are ahead on the scorecards (or at least should be)?

A boxer should go out with the aim of knocking out his opponent, Or at least trying to make the ref step in Ray never tried hard enough for any of them IMO instead he left it up to others to give him the fight.. At that stage it came down to the judges opinion this meaning he was robbed. I am saying he shouldn't of gave the judges a chance Ricky was a sitting duck all night he should've finished him and his boxing forever.