SPFL1 Fair play League (2nd attempt)

Yorkie Bear

Apart from the improvement in our play, what’s impressed me this season is our discipline on the field. Maybe it’s understandable that when you are playing well it’s easier to take flak from the opponents without retaliating.

That got me thinking that if there was a ‘fair play league’ we would be well ahead in that so I looked at the match stats, got out my spreadsheet and produced a league. I’ve given 1 point for a yellow, an extra point for a player getting a second yellow and 3 points for a straight red.

Also, I’ve given the no of cards against so a points difference of -5 would mean that your opponents have scored 5 more points that you )ie had more bookings)

Following this scoring, the league after week 4 is as follows:post-63403-0-65759400-1378915631_thumb.j

We should stay top of the fair play league too as our superior players will frustrate a lot of players and they will inevitably pick up a lot of yellow and red card's by hacking down our lads that they can't cope with I wpuld expect our players not to pick up too many cards (except perhaps Peralta) as we can play our way out of trouble rather than hack our way out.