TRS - Accounts & Accountability

D'Artagnan

Unfortunately we are being swayed from a single voice asking simple questions because of a number of groups (the Board included) who engage purely in spin, conjecture, smears and basically seeking to adapt any fact to fit their argument.

I wish I could believe that the answer to those two questions would be the end of it, but I will merely begin a new chapter unless people start acting professionally.

Great article, especially the focus on the two basic questions that we need an answer to.

1. Where specifically did the tens of millions of our money go in the last 18 months?

2. When specifically will the audited accounts be released?

The answer to 2 is 10th Oct and that should answer 1

Great article, especially the focus on the two basic questions that we need an answer to.

1. Where specifically did the tens of millions of our money go in the last 18 months?

2. When specifically will the audited accounts be released?

These questions are 100% fair and I would advise all bears to purposefully seek an answer to them however what happens to the "protestors" if the answers to those questions turn out to be positive? I just think far too many are jumping the gun and buying into all the media spin and rhetoric from opposing groups....Lets get these questions answered, get the accounts published and then, and only then, should it transpire the board have been inept will I will support a "protest"....We need factual information not assumptions and hysteria....

The answer to 2 is 10th Oct and that should answer 1

Well we were told September if memory serves me correctly Swally - but that not actually the point .

This is a far better and more balanced approach to seeking answers, and far more likely to be more fruitful, than some of the accusatory nonsense I have seen on boards and social media in recent weeks - much of which resorted to unvalidated scaremongering and personal abuse of our board.

Are we going to be asking this board and any new one a month by month statement of accounts. If yes, a joke and a crock! The accounts should published as per LSE rules, or by statute if we ever return to being a private company, no more, no less. Why should we be giving our haters and competitors every opportunity to scrutinise, speculate, twist and defame or give a competitive advantage? If any shareholder has concerns, they should make them known through the proper and confidential channels.

Well we were told September if memory serves me correctly Swally - but that not actually the point .

This is a far better and more balanced approach to seeking answers, and far more likely to be more fruitful, than some of the accusatory nonsense I have seen on boards and social media in recent weeks - much of which resorted to unvalidated scaremongering and personal abuse of our board.

Did Mather not say accounts would be out by end of September. 'OUT` meaning in the hands of the auditors. Would imagine they take a couple of weeks toaudit before they sign off. If they are not audited and signed off by mid-Oct then perhaps the purveyors of doom are correct. Why dont we just hold fire till then.

will these give specific details when released or will it be more of the hide it all under one column stuff?

Personally i don't hold any hope they will give any details we don't already know, would be very surprised if they show in any detail how much the board members are making from the club or what deals/club contracts they have given their own companies. How do we know who makes money when say we sell a player or sell sponsorship around the ground? Would love to see how much of the cash generated actually goes into and stays at the club.

I think everyone who has rangers at heart are waiting for the accounts to be published, then and only then can we see what sort of state the club is in whether it be good or bad before we can make decisions on who to support in the future running of our club. only then I will decide who to vote with at the upcoming AGM.

Expect to get pelters for this but if you didn't invest in buying shares to save your club, my club, our club, do you really have a right to question where any money has or has not gone and has or has not been spent?

We should all just wait for the audited accounts to be released and then questions can be asked at the agm and shareholders can vote. Oops forgot, you have to be a shareholder first.

Expect to get pelters for this but if you didn't invest in buying shares to save your club, my club, our club, do you really have a right to question where any money has or has not gone and has or has not been spent?

We should all just wait for the audited accounts to be released and then questions can be asked at the agm and shareholders can vote. Oops forgot, you have to be a shareholder first.

Football clubs are strange things as the 'clients' feel much more ownership of the 'brand' than say 'M&S ' customers - and I think there is a lot of merit in your point - it is extremely unusual for customers to question the board and the sad thing is whether we think we have the right to do do so or not - the ONLY people with the power is shareholders and that is where the board seems to have a reasonable power base. And the AGM will show where the shareholder power lies.

I have some shares - I will listen to what all sides say and I will use my shares to vote at the A GM to back those who I think will do best for the club. My shares might not make a difference but it is shareholder democracy in action / only difference is you can buy a vote! Those who want change should buy up some votes!

If this big push to get people tonite the boardout is successful, will it be followed anotherone to foist Minico on us ?

Should that happen we will suddenly see a sharp drop incallsfor scrutiny and transparency as we go back to the future.

I suspect they will go for the "only show in town" approach and mini may even pretend he was going to walk away but had to step into the breach :lol:

If, and it's a big huge if, the board go, we must resist being railroaded into thinking minico is the automatic, or only choice.

Better than nothing is no way to decide who runs our club.

I just hope somebody is waiting in the wings who will actually spend. Money to get their feet under the table.

If this big push to get people tonite the boardout is successful, will it be followed anotherone to foist Minico on us ?

Should that happen we will suddenly see a sharp drop incallsfor scrutiny and transparency as we go back to the future.

I suspect they will go for the "only show in town" approach and mini may even pretend he was going to walk away but had to step into the breach :lol:

If, and it's a big huge if, the board go, we must resist being railroaded into thinking minico is the automatic, or only choice.

Better than nothing is no way to decide who runs our club.

I just hope somebody is waiting in the wings who will actually spend. Money to get their feet under the table.

Nobody in their right mind's would stand against minico, given the vicious campaigns that seem to be orchestrated against any who compete with him (by compete, I mean beat him)

Nail on head - many of the empty vessels on here screaming to sack the board don't even have shares.

Pretty incredible really.