Another blow for the rebels in Ibrox war

sonofbear

From McMurdos Blog in case no one wants to read

Admin please feel free to merge with existing KP thread.

Another Blow For Rebels In Ibrox War

Kieran Prior’s resounding thumbs-up to the Rangers board after accounts were published is another nail in the coffin for those seeking to stage a boardroom coup at Ibrox.

Prior’s claim that even Bill Gates would not make a profit at Rangers right now reflects the realities of where Rangers are right now, with major costs and one-off fees having to be incurred.

The Irishman’s view is that things are not all that bad with the accounts and he seems happy that his investment of over £1 million in Rangers shares is in good hands.

Speaking in the Daily Record, Prior had a wee swipe at one or two involved in the rebel camp with his comments:

“There is no danger, in my opinion as a professional investor, of Rangers going under.

“I know people want to be overly critical of those currently running the club, perhaps because they are being encouraged by requisitioners and others. Some of the requisitioners can be held equally responsible for the club’s financial position as they let it to get to the position where it was sold to Craig Whyte.

“I’m not saying the fan voice doesn’t matter because it does but under the plc model you generally don’t get a say unless you put your money where your mouth is and that was always my criticism of the Jim McColl consortium.

“Jim has more money than any Rangers fans I know and yet has not come to the table.

“I have seen a set of accounts, audited by Deloitte, a top five accountancy firm. I’m happy with how things are going fiscally.

This endorsement by Prior will not be good news for those who have agitated for change in the boardroom.

The board looks to have held off its challengers and detractors and this should make the AGM much less volatile.

There will be those who will continue to aggravate things in the run-up to the AGM but ordinary Rangers fans are getting tired of the propaganda and scaremongering which the rebels continually use to bolster their cause.

The horror stories about the accounts have been proven to be nonsense and this has taken a lot of steam out of the rebels’ campaign.

What is needed now is for the club to be given a chance to breathe and those in situ the opportunity to run Rangers without interference from meddlers and wannabes.

Prior has no emotional ties to Rangers Football Club, he saw what others saw, a sleeping giant that, temporarily, was in financial difficulties and took a small slice of a pie he felt would sit in the oven that is Scottish football in the hope that his slice would grow into a bigger slice.

His endorsement of the present Board (Mather in particular) should shut the rebel mouths for at least a few days whilst they take stock knowing that their "The sky is falling" platform has been mortally wounded.

I'm not holding my breath for that to happen.

Blazers are on hold boys....back off.

Surely the reference to Bill Gates was solely used as an example that any successful businessman would struggle. It is purely the fact that Bill Gates is one of the world's best known multimillionaires. The poster could equally have used Duncan Bannatyne or Donald Trump. Oh wait a minute - Trump would probably turn Ibrox into a driving range!

Surely the reference to Bill Gates was solely used as an example that any successful businessman would struggle. It is purely the fact that Bill Gates is one of the world's best known multimillionaires. The poster could equally have used Duncan Bannatyne or Donald Trump. Oh wait a minute - Trump would probably turn Ibrox into a driving range!

Really?!

Have they detailed what the 25% IPO costs were? Or do I have to pay Bill a $ and sing hallelujah?

Boss explained these in another thread - ill sun it up for you - the ipo cost is attributed to Grens share options and accounting for them - nothing to worry about unless you have an agenda