***The Official Football Manager 14 Thread***

aird

is there anywhere i can download this for free?

Probably some dodgy websites you could find and download it for free. Wouldn't recommend doing so though as it could lead to your computer getting a virus and the chances are the game won't work properly anyway. Just go out and buy it, you won't regret it. It's a game that you'll certainly get your money's worth out of.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably some dodgy websites you could find and download it for free. Wouldn't recommend doing so though as it could lead to your computer getting a virus and the chances are the game won't work properly anyway. Just go out and buy it, you won't regret it. It's a game that you'll certainly get your money's worth out of.

My laptop is pretty old so i was wanting to.download.it first to.see if it could handle.the game.and if it could id buy the full version

My laptop is pretty old so i was wanting to.download.it first to.see if it could handle.the game.and if it could id buy the full version

What I would recommend doing then is making a Steam account (which is required to play the game anyway) then downloading the demo of FM14 through Steam which will give you a good idea as to how well it will run.

Lee Camp, Neil Alexander, Shaun Hutchinson, Chris Hegarty, Kirk Broadfoot, Ross Perry, Paul Hanlon, Luca Gasparotto, Graeme Shinnie, Steven Smith, Ryan Tunnicliffe, Ian Black, Murray Davidson, Andy Murdoch, Lewis Macleod, Andy Halliday, Fraser Aird, David Templeton, Jamie Walker, Barrie McKay, Michael Higdon, Lee McCulloch, Nicky Clark and Anthony Lozano.

That squad just won me the Championship. Next up, the SPL.

EDIT Alexander, Smith and Black are out of contract and en route out.

I need to invest because that team won't win the SPL, but I don't know how much money I'll get in the summer.

I've got my eye on Kris Boyd, David Goodwillie, Ryan Jack and Scott Allan.

Birmingham and West Brom wouldn't sell Boyd and Allan respectively, Aberdeen wanted £2M+ for Jack and although Brighton accepted an £800K bid for Goodwillie, he wanted £27K per-week.

Instead, I've brought in Oliver Norwood, ex-Man United youth, from Huddersfield for just short of £1M and snapped-up Keith Watson, who had joined Sunderland from Dundee United a year ago, as soon as he was transfer listed.

Alexander left on a free, so I've got Lee Camp and Liam Kelly left in goals, but I want to send Kelly out on loan for some experience. So, I need another 'keeper. Palace want crazy money for Cammy Bell and Alex Smithies isn't interested in holding contract discussions despite being out of contract. Any advise on a decent 'keeper would be appreciated.

I've got £2.5M left to spend and want another 'keeper, as above, and a striker to compete with Higdon, Lozano and Clark.

Celtic sold Charlie Austin for £12M, but they've still got a far, far superior side to mine. I'm ranked 18/1 outsider, fifth favourite, to win. I'm even behind St Mirren, but I've told the board we'll finish second.

I'm two games into my first season back in the SPL and I'm joint top with Celtic, Hearts and Motherwell; all four of us are on maximum points.

We opened up with a four-nil battering of Kilmarnock at Ibrox, then a three-nil win at Dundee followed. Two clean sheets, +7 goal difference, pleased with that.

I'm still on the look out for a 'keeper, having been priced out of Cammy Bell and been unable to match the wage demands of Montpellier's number two. Having said that, Camp's had a great start to the season, so I might stick with him.

My line-up has been Camp, Watson, Shinnie, Perry, Gasparotto, Tunnicliffe (Out for two months, now), Norwood, Aird, Macleod, McKay and Higdon. Players like Hutchinson, Hanlon, Hegarty, Davidson, Templeton and Lozano can't even get a game.

Fucking Celtic - I've been looking at Ryan Donnelly, ex-Airdrie, since starting the game and I've had him scouted again and again, but never made the move. He moved to Hamilton and did nothing, so I left it at that. Then, Celtic sign him, chuck him on for his debut and he bangs in three. Cunts.

St Mirren at Ibrox next. Three out of three, please.

St Mirren at Ibrox next. Three out of three, please.

We drew 2-2 with St Mirren, fucking Jim Goodwin having a blinder, before losing 6-4, yes 6-4, at home to Hearts. We lead them three times, as well.

I wasn't happy after that, so spent my entire £2.6M transfer budget on Craig Samson (the Scottish 'keeper who was out of favour at Notts Forest), Jason Holt (Scottish midfielder from Hearts) and Ross McCormack (Also at Notts Forest). All were brought-in on deadline day.

I tried punting Dean Shiels, but he knocked back Derry City. He's been earning just short of £10K per-week, despite playing twice in the last year. He has another year left on his deal.

League-wise, it's Celtic and Hearts on 13, Motherwell on 11 and us on 10 after four fixtures.

Next, we go to Parkhead for the first Old Firm game of the season. They just signed Ryan Jack, my original transfer target, from Aberdeen, so I'm a wee bit raging about that and I've been having a back-and-forth with Lennon through the media.

Fell away from this since i got a Playstation for Christmas so i started a Man Yoo game yesterday.

The bastards only have 12m to spend, so far i have only bought Jaunfran from Atletico and sold Hernandez to Barcelona for 13m.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm top of the Championship with the Queen's Eleven, nine points ahead of second placed Falkirk and in March, 2015.

I was two behind Falkirk before we met in January and almost out of spite, I signed their 18-goal striker Lyle Taylor for £220K. I also brought in Honduran striker Anthony Lozano, a former Valencia youth, for around £75K.

I play a 3-5-2 formation; Alexander in goals, Paul Hanlon (Hibs), Ross Perry and Sam Hutchinson make-up a back three with Graeme Shinnie (Inverness) and David Templeton either side of Ryan Tunnicliffe (Man United) and Ian Black. Lewis Macleod sits just behind strike force of Michael Higdon (Motherwell) and Lyle Taylor, as mentioned.

On the bench and in the squad, I have Lee Camp (Northern Ireland), Chris Hegarty, Kirk Broadfoot, Andy Halliday (Middlesbrough, big bluenose), Murray Davidson (St Johnstone), Fraser Aird, Jamie Walker (Hearts), Anthony Lozano and Nicky Clark.

Out on loan, I've got Gasparotto, Gallagher, Walsh, Murdoch, plus a few more youngsters.

I tried bringing in Scott Allan on loan in January from West Brom, but they wanted him playing at a higher level and he laughed-off my public interest.

I can see the summer being a struggle in terms of recruitment as most targets I've had have zero interest in us.

Anyone got any early transfer/youth tips?

Playing FM14 on my iPhone and so far i've found Tom Walsh, Darren Ramsay, Barrie McKay, Lewis McLeod, Fraiser Aird and Luca Gasparotto as the best of the bunch at Rangers in terms of potential, quality and value.

Outwith for bargains I have found Alan Forrest at Ayr Utd is a bargain at 15k (sold him for £2.2.m after 1 and a half seasons) and a lad from CSKA called Kiril Mikheev, although that may be a random generated player.

I'm 2 seasons in, at the Premiership. I'm level points with them with one game in hand as of December 27th. My team is Figuero Vazquez (possible random), Wallace, Mikheev, Gasparotto, Murphy (random, Rangers youth)

Midfield is left-side Templeton, Law, Mcleod and Ramsay (switching with Aird and Mckay)

Up front I have Tom Walsh and Nicky Clark (i swap clark about with McKay too)

Any transfer tips would be greatly appreciated!