24 years ago today...

GOAT

Was in the Govan Rear that day. One of my favourite Rangers goals. Wee Mo went nuts after it too, over to celebrate with the fans. 89th Minute. Magic.

Was in west enclosure that day, bet my mate a 10 pound note he would never score for us against them.

Hated him with a tenner

Hated him without my tenner

Didn't the tarriers get the West Enclosure in those days.....

Shifty eyes.

Didn't the tarriers get the West Enclosure in those days.....

Shifty eyes.

No that was before that. I can vouch for this poster as I too was in the west enclosure that day. Number of guys beside me who refused to celebrate cause it was mo was unreal

Ah fly-mo that started the trend of anti-protestant Scotland, as with all old firm goals I was delighted but looking back no one realised how it would start a dangerous agenda and he was setting himself up financially. It was also the start of a trend where money took over loyalty and the badge

Ah fly-mo that started the trend of anti-protestant Scotland, as with all old firm goals I was delighted but looking back no one realised how it would start a dangerous agenda and he was setting himself up financially. It was also the start of a trend where money took over loyalty and the badge

Eh?

Eh?

Mo promised septic (verbal agreement) he would sign for them. Rangers came in with a much bigger financial incentive so he came for us. Most players until then in Scotland played for the badge and were devoted to the club. It was a significant signing that lead to bleeding liberals destroying identity and culture. It was also the beginning of them from the bheast end of town increasing their own anti-Rangers propaganda whilst screaming victim

Mo promised septic (verbal agreement) he would sign for them. Rangers came in with a much bigger financial incentive so he came for us. Most players until then in Scotland played for the badge and were devoted to the club. It was a significant signing that lead to bleeding liberals destroying identity and culture. It was also the beginning of them from the bheast end of town increasing their own anti-Rangers propaganda whilst screaming victim

I would imagine many of the English players came to us for money (as well as the opportunity to play in Europe). Many more at us and other clubs probably did the same before Mo. Money has motivated for a long time and in many countries, it's ridiculous to suggest one man caused that. The increasing availability of money and human nature caused that.

The signing served to get rid of a part of our culture that was wrong and served to damage us. I see no reason to believe Mo's arrival initiated their increasing hatred towards us. It seems to me their hate began to increase far more recently than that. The only person that received more hate from the mhanks because of that transfer was Mo himself.

Just because something is part of your culture or identity doesn't mean it's good and doesn't mean it shouldn't change when you know better. Wee Mo was brilliant for us in more ways than one.

I would imagine many of the English players came to us for money (as well as the opportunity to play in Europe). Many more at us and other clubs probably did the same before Mo. Money has motivated for a long time and in many countries, it's ridiculous to suggest one man caused that. The increasing availability of money and human nature caused that.

The signing served to get rid of a part of our culture that was wrong and served to damage us. I see no reason to believe Mo's arrival initiated their increasing hatred towards us. It seems to me their hate began to increase far more recently than that. The only person that received more hate from the mhanks because of that transfer was Mo himself.

Just because something is part of your culture or identity doesn't mean it's good and doesn't mean it shouldn't change when you know better. Wee Mo was brilliant for us in more ways than one.

As I said part of a trend but the English players did not give a verbal agreement to their boyhood team and a previous club and as most of us old enough recall run to the copie and cross himself at Rangers fans. Blinded by brilliance is the phrase that springs to mind for ye

As I said part of a trend but the English players did not give a verbal agreement to their boyhood team and a previous club and as most of us old enough recall run to the copie and cross himself at Rangers fans. Blinded by brilliance is the phrase that springs to mind for ye

I really don't care about him crossing himself. He tried to wind up Gers fans as a Sellic fan. Quelle suprise. I don't hold big enough grudges to count that above the important goals he got for us (I AM swayed - not blinded - by that, not by his brilliance) even if I cared that much about him crossing himself.

I find it surprising that anyone would give more weight to someone crossing himself once than to the same man scoring numerous important goals, against the mhanks and the sheep amongst others.

I really don't care about him crossing himself. He tried to wind up Gers fans as a Sellic fan. Quelle suprise. I don't hold big enough grudges to count that above the important goals he got for us (I AM swayed - not blinded - by that, not by his brilliance) even if I cared that much about him crossing himself.

I find it surprising that anyone would give more weight to someone crossing himself once than to the same man scoring numerous important goals, against the mhanks and the sheep amongst others.

Well here a point Ally played at the same time, imagine if he had done the same and promised good his word to us and went to septic. The crossing was in reference to his intense dislike of Rangers. As a genuine Struth fan I admire qualities such as honour, integrity, loyalty and a passion for Rangers. I can honestly say for me Mo did not tick one of them, I do not mind if he only had ticked one. As for his goal scoring I did agree he was at the time one of the finest in the country and as before all old firm goals count. A great footballer of his time yes, a good signing for us NEVER

Well here a point Ally played at the same time, imagine if he had done the same and promised good his word to us and went to septic. The crossing was in reference to his intense dislike of Rangers. As a genuine Struth fan I admire qualities such as honour, integrity, loyalty and a passion for Rangers. I can honestly say for me Mo did not tick one of them, I do not mind if he only had ticked one. As for his goal scoring I did agree he was at the time one of the finest in the country and as before all old firm goals count. A great footballer of his time yes, a good signing for us NEVER

If Ally had gone to sellic he'd have fucked us over. Mo fucked them over. Fine by me.

The crossing wasn't necessarily an intense dislike. If he'd disliked us that much he wouldn't have come, even for cash. It was far more likely a wind up. When he came to us he showed loyalty and passion. His displays on the pitch were evidence of that. More importantly, he showed professionalism. He did the job for us, that's what mattered. The only ones he fucked over and showed no honour and integrity towards was the mhanks. Which made him even better. After he left us he had good things to say about us as well, and also highlighted the crap he got from sellic fans after signing for us.

It couldn't have been an easy move for him and he did brilliantly for us considering. He was as responsible as any for 2 titles coming home to Ibrox.

46 goals, 2 titles. Cheers Mo! :beer1:

You go girl!

A part of Rangers died on the 10th of July 1989 and has never recovered to this day.