Craig Whyte was too much of a coincidence for me.

OlegKuznetsov

C.w was the only guy willing to take full liability for the big tax case. Knowing fully well that administration unfer his stewardship was inevitable. I believe that whyte thought he could go through the new company route and still own the club like ken bates did with Leeds, but he wouldn't have thought we'd have been demoted and the rest of the rubbish we got. Keep the club for a few years then sell up and make millions.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't let your post go haha

I will get back to you on this once in from work but you sir, are living up to your reputation as a total wank fucktard

Hopefully i am not banned once I can get back to you properly

Bluepeter9 is right. HMRC operate a yellow card / red card system for late VAT payments. First time you are late, you get a yellow warning. If you are late again within a year, you get a red warning and a fine.

Craig Whytes past career marks him down as a chancer. The type who finds financially distressed companies, buys them and their debt then rifles them for everything he can get his hands on. He was out of his depth in respect of having the ability to actually run a business properly but that was never his game. He is clearly adept at bending the rules and running on the wrong side of the tracks. More an anti businessman than a businessman in my books.

I can't let your post go haha

I will get back to you on this once in from work but you sir, are living up to your reputation as a total wank fucktard

Hopefully i am not banned once I can get back to you properly

But your post did sound pish if I'm being honest.

Apologies for this TOTALLY OFF TOPIC reply But I cant let this post go.......

1. If you miss a VAT payment the first time all you get is a surcharge notice that runs for 12 months ....... and no fine is due. This means that YOUR company has already missed one VAT payment tsk tsk. Everyone (who does VAT) knows VAT has to be paid but 7th of the month after the end of the month you do the return.

2. If you miss a second payment during the default period your fine is 2% this then increases on a scale upto 15% IF you have missed 5 payments!

3. Now if £52k was your first penalty that means your previous VAT Bill was £2.6M and that means your turnover is in the region of £13M for that period and your company has already missed 2 VAT payments.

3. If £52k was your penalty because it was the 5th time you had missed payment your VAT was still £346k and your turnover for that period was £1.73M and your company had already missed 5 VAT payments.

Either way a company that size should NOT be missing a VAT payment by one day - either someone is incompetent or at it. Someone at your company has screwed up not HMRC!

First of all I did not say it was not the first payment missed

Secondly, £52,000 was 10% of the total bill

The vat bill was £520,000 approx for Q3 for 2011/12, this is obviously a calculation based on Information logged onto the accounting system with regards to VAT received in sales against VAT paid on invoices

The company was going through a pretty rough time and although you may see a high turnover there was also huge outgoings which frankly were hard to sustain

With regards to TOTALLY OFF TOPIC, you referred to HMRC as being reasonable, I say that is a load of pish

and gave an example

We employ 300+ staff and drivers and we couldn't sustain crippling fuel costs for our fleet and showed our accounts to HMRC who basically said we don't care about the fact you cannot pay your employees and we don't care if you are having difficulty getting money from your debtors (after sending a cash flow forecast and debtors report), if you are struggling then go to your bank, in the meantime here is a £52,000 bill to help you

HMRC are ok? Nah, assholes in my book

First of all I did not say it was not the first payment missed

Secondly, £52,000 was 10% of the total bill

The vat bill was £520,000 approx for Q3 for 2011/12, this is obviously a calculation based on Information logged onto the accounting system with regards to VAT received in sales against VAT paid on invoices

The company was going through a pretty rough time and although you may see a high turnover there was also huge outgoings which frankly were hard to sustain

With regards to TOTALLY OFF TOPIC, you referred to HMRC as being reasonable, I say that is a load of pish

and gave an example

We employ 300+ staff and drivers and we couldn't sustain crippling fuel costs for our fleet and showed our accounts to HMRC who basically said we don't care about the fact you cannot pay your employees and we don't care if you are having difficulty getting money from your debtors (after sending a cash flow forecast and debtors report), if you are struggling then go to your bank, in the meantime here is a £52,000 bill to help you

HMRC are ok? Nah, assholes in my book

You could PM me and stop the ot stuff!

A 10% fine shows your company has missed multiple vat payments - I suggest you look at the competency of your FD or board as I am not surprised that hmrc took a hard line. Also a day late smack of incompetency not bad cash flow.

You could PM me and stop the ot stuff!

A 10% fine shows your company has missed multiple vat payments - I suggest you look at the competency of your FD or board as I am not surprised that hmrc took a hard line. Also a day late smack of incompetency not bad cash flow.

A PM for ot stuff? Why?

You clearly quoted my post coming across all arrogant like you are better than most

Yes it was multiple payments missed but when you expect payments from debtors and they don't appear within the timescale you expect this can cause any company distress

Anyway, was good chatting

And by the way you can't calculate a companies turnover by just knowing their VAT bill. Everyone (who does vat) knows a vat bill just isn't 20% of turnover, its is VAT received from sales adjusted from VAT paid on invoices

A PM for ot stuff? Why?

You clearly quoted my post coming across all arrogant like you are better than most

Yes it was multiple payments missed but when you expect payments from debtors and they don't appear within the timescale you expect this can cause any company distress

Anyway, was good chatting

And by the way you can't calculate a companies turnover by just knowing their VAT bill. Everyone (who does vat) knows a vat bill just isn't 20% of turnover, its is VAT received from sales adjusted from VAT paid on invoices

Damm missed out the word minimum from my post - you got me there well done !

- so this big company has missed multiple vat payments, sent the money a day late and it's all HMRC issue ! Ok!

Dont understand the replies to this to be honest

In my opinion he was a patsy

Lloyds and SDM either knew of his intentions and turned a blind eye or instigated the whole thing and used him as a get out of jail card, it turned out too well for him and Lloyds not to mention Whyte

As for the whole EBT thing, funny how someone joins Celtic, totally banishes the scheme there and suddenly the pressure is cranked right on Rangers, set up? Fucking right it was

I agree with you cannon and Oleg!! We all know Murray was pushed to sell coz hmrc were pursuing (with excited help from the Celtic minded mhedia) a massive tax liability of up to £140m if u believe the press. Whoever was and still is pushing from hmrc and from Lloyd's at the time of sale might shed some light. Was there not a certain ex Home Secretarys name being banded about at one point? Maybe the link is there!!

All of this was a Celtic fans wet dream apart from the fact were still alive n kicking. But by fuck we were close far too close imo!! Swiss cheese effect,,, too many holes lining up for it not to be a set up!! Just look at their everyday ramblings and whinging over us, they were close to putting us out of business with help from high places and they're beeling the couldn't push us over the edge!! 100% set up. No surrender

OLEG, an excellent thread.

All we can do is guess,; the people who know will not tell.

One real clue was when told the club was in admin. SDM is alleged to have said he hadn't expected it so soon.

After that comment, any conspiracy theorist could have a field day.

The real truth is that the issue is so big, that it will be the subject of books in the future, when the real truth seeps out, and it will.

I agree that it stinks. How he got hold of the club just in time to parade the SPL trophy around Ibrox, yet 8 and a bit months later, completely out of the blue for the fans, it expoded into shit.

I totally believe that Lloyds had a major part to play, and John Reid set something in motion, that we are not aware of yet, that led to it.

When Liewell took the piss out of us for getting a secret 9 millionish offer for Jelavic ( remember that....he had form before his latest snipe at us), I think he had inside info that we were in much deeper trouble than the fans knew about. It was a hint at things to come, but he knew, and was the first to launch a sly kick at us, probably knowing what was about to hit us.

I am starting to think that we should be calling for a Public Enquiry over what happened to us.

The enemy have played the political card for the best part of a century.

We sat back, saying "dignity".

When the twats kicked off in Holland they ran to the British Embassy, but when the famine song hit, they ran to the Irish Embassy.

We never pushed the politics, this is why we are now stunned that the GCC effectively gave the scum free land, and nobody in our media wants to pick it up.

We launched a petition, which has died a death, so maybe it is time to push it all the way.

Once the infighting stops, it will be time to regroup. Demand a Public Enquiry, and see who squirms.

I am starting to think that we should be calling for a Public Enquiry over what happened to us.

The enemy have played the political card for the best part of a century.

We sat back, saying "dignity".

When the twats kicked off in Holland they ran to the British Embassy, but when the famine song hit, they ran to the Irish Embassy.

We never pushed the politics, this is why we are now stunned that the GCC effectively gave the scum free land, and nobody in our media wants to pick it up.

We launched a petition, which has died a death, so maybe it is time to push it all the way.

Once the infighting stops, it will be time to regroup. Demand a Public Enquiry, and see who squirms.

All for a public enquiry. You just have to make sure whoever is in charge of it is actually independent and neutral. So it can't be a Scottish thing.

Oleg, I would say that Westminster would be our demand, not Holyrood.

Do not know how we would go about it, as we would have zero political support in old Scotia, but we have new groups who have emerged in this mess; who would have heard of the VBs otherwise. And they are not the only ones.

The infighting is destructive, but as fans we have shown we can push, so long as we are pushing in the right direction.