The beautiful game to change for ever?

bawsburst

By Telegraph Sport, and agencies3:26PM GMT 17 Dec 2013

International players union Fifpro argues transfer system is unfair to players, creates competitive imbalance and encourages 'immoral' third-party ownership

The international players' union Fifpro is to launch a legal challenge against the transfer system claiming it is still "shackling" players to clubs.

The current system was agreed in 2001 following the Bosman ruling but Fifpro claims it is still preventing freedom of movement of players.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/10523185/Fifpro-to-launch-legal-challenge-against-transfer-system-because-it-shackles-players.html

It seems to me that the agents would be the ones to profit along with players if this went through and could be the main instigators in this venture. It would leave most clubs in a bad state if the player felt he had made a mistake and wanted to move on. So where is the loyalty then to the club?, as we have already seen and been on the end of that shitty stick. Clubs then, should then be able to end contracts if they feel that they too have bought a dummy, and no end of contract pay off fees either, should work both ways. Put that in the mix see if " the pampered " like that. :7325:

Corrupt from top to bottom for years...The players now are so detatched from the supporters it's no longer a working mans sport.It's all big business and the more money you have the better your treated..Players are now on salaries per week that alot don't see per annum,the last thing they need is more power with more ball breaking greedy bastards behind them.

Spoilt little primma Donna's

What's the alternative?

Like any other market for jobs?

If another club offers a player more money they can move at any time?

If they get anywhere near this I can see the football authorities imposing new rules.

Player only allowed to be registered to a maximum of two clubs per calendar year.

Players to be ' league tied ' if they move mid-season (along the lines of a player being cup-tied)

That's just two I've thought of I'm sure there will be plenty more they can implement without falling foul of e.u. Employment rights.

If they get anywhere near this I can see the football authorities imposing new rules.

Player only allowed to be registered to a maximum of two clubs per calendar year.

Players to be ' league tied ' if they move mid-season (along the lines of a player being cup-tied)

That's just two I've thought of I'm sure there will be plenty more they can implement without falling foul of e.u. Employment rights.

The EU will impose the rules, football authorities are powerless in the face of the unelected bureaucrats.

Can't see this going anywhere, surely

As was said about Bosman. Having said that clubs could help themselves collectively by refusing to deal with agents and imposing a wage ceiling of say £5,000 a week, more than enough when there are people who have never had a job through no fault of their own or lack of effort.