Club Metro: Boycott is only option

DonegalBear

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Its funny how this Idea of Boycotts has come around in these Skittery Mhedia outlets .

You would almost think it was a Ploy to deflect the Fact that the Filthy Mob in the East only got 12,000 at the San Giro today.

Lets not entertain this Pish.

No Surrender.

Bloody big boycott at Stad Spud, let's all have a laugh.

Boycotts are for bheasts.

Again, I have nothing to do with the headline, that article was about doing something to get what we want as fans.

When you say "we" exactly who are you talking about? I'm not being funny here because you appear to assume that we (all the RFC support) want exactly the same thing. We may all want the same end product but we clearly don't all want to go the same route to achieve it. By end product I mean a successful Club on and off the park.

Isn't that what The Rangers Assembly is there for?

The Assembly was set up initially to encompass all the fans (at least that is what we were told at the time) but it has never done that nor has the Assembly committee, if there is one, done anything to rectify that situation. How do you join? How do you vote? How do you put forward proposals? No web site and no e-mail address. The RFC web site entry for the Assembly hasn't changed in ages. A total waste of time.

http://metro.co.uk/author/mark-mcdougall/

Honestly.....a spotty 19 year old thinks he is in a position to judge what rangers fans should/shouldn't do? And before you give me 'it's your opinion' take a look at the context of the article.....what is the point if it if not to encourage others to boycott! Now away and grow up before posting any more Pish!

http://metro.co.uk/author/mark-mcdougall/

Honestly.....a spotty 19 year old thinks he is in a position to judge what rangers fans should/shouldn't do? And before you give me 'it's your opinion' take a look at the context of the article.....what is the point if it if not to encourage others to boycott! Now away and grow up before posting any more Pish!

It's saddening that that's pretty much my generation of fans.

The Assembly was set up initially to encompass all the fans (at least that is what we were told at the time) but it has never done that nor has the Assembly committee, if there is one, done anything to rectify that situation. How do you join? How do you vote? How do you put forward proposals? No web site and no e-mail address. The RFC web site entry for the Assembly hasn't changed in ages. A total waste of time.

So that's a yes then. Thank you.

It's saddening that that's pretty much my generation of fans.

We were all young once mate and we all make mistakes but the problem is the metro has given this 19 year old a platform to spout this nonsense....is he even a season ticket holder?

Yes, he is, and its a bigger problem than you may think. Far too many going to the AGM that I spoke to were regurgitating anti board propaganda that has been debunked over and over. The reqs, and their fans call for Jack Irvine to be removed but they have their own Jack Irvines, more than one.

It is another reason for the fans to unite along with the club, clear communication channels.

This is exactly the case. People trotting out old rumours as supposed fact. At the AGM I sat next to people spouting utter crap. Even when you explain the truth they still refuse to believe it.

The numerous supporters organisations have made no attempt to put out the truth to the support. Facts not fiction is what needs to be put out. Clear explanation of what is in the accounts even to show what Green and Ahmad got. What that really cost the Club not Seville calculator propaganda. If some decent guys could sit down together and set out everything, warts and all, no agendas, just clear explanation. Put out the pros and cons of each director and requisitioner. Note the possibilities going forward of what scenarios could occur if we boycott or not.

Look we need further investment in the club. The ONLY way that is going to happen is if Ibrox is packed no matter what league we play in and investors see SUPPORTERS backing the team. The costs for our day to day running at present ARE too high, however most of that was because of a promise not to lay off any of the background staff. Are some of the management team on salaries that are too high, hell yes but Ally's and the rests contracts were signed when we were still in the SPL and with the transfer had to be carried over by law, and with the stress he has been under and at times the ONLY voice of Rangers McCoist deserves what he has gotten. it is time now though set a business plan with costs commiserate with where we are. Auchenhowie for example is a huge luxury for a 3rd division club so should we have sold it off again? of course not. The superstructure we have is set for a club playing regularly in Europe and it is a lot less expensive in the LONG run to keep it in place rather than to sell it off or abandon it, then have to rebuild it later. we all know or rather we all should know Rangers are a unique club in an unique circumstance The overheads for the next share issue is not going to be as expensive to administer,and is likely to occur in the middle of next season as we push on to getting back into the top flight in Scotland and challenge for a European spot again. The only outcome of a prolonged boycott is administration 2 which maybe is what some want, another chance to get the club for peanuts, well you had your chance and the so called Rangers men could not even scrape up the cash to become "preferred" buyers, pathetic. I contributed to the RFFF, bought shares, led a vote for my SUPPORTERS club to buy 2 season tickets (remember we are on Canada's west coast and it was unanimous), I just ordered a shit load of Rangers gear from Rangers Direct, so yes you can stick yer boycott up yer arse. The ONLY boycott I will back is one of Follow Follow, Sheep of Sons and any other so called fans group that seeks to do ANY harm to the club I was born into. I will be in Toronto in early June to celebrate the latest season and the next step back in our ascent back to the top. We claim to be Scotland's best supported club time for those noisy wee groups full of SELF serving arseholes to get behind Rangers or get the fuck out of the way.

We were all young once mate and we all make mistakes but the problem is the metro has given this 19 year old a platform to spout this nonsense....is he even a season ticket holder?

Being young doesn't have to make you an idiot, probably cares more about his name being in lights than Rangers.

Don't be funny. The Assembly clearly isn't there for that purpose as it has never been operating in that way since it was set up approx 2004. Currently it is not fit for purpose.

Nothing funny in what I said. If it isn't working as people want, change it from within, not set up yet another needless body with yet more spokesmen.

Look we need further investment in the club. The ONLY way that is going to happen is if Ibrox is packed no matter what league we play in and investors see SUPPORTERS backing the team. The costs for our day to day running at present ARE too high, however most of that was because of a promise not to lay off any of the background staff. Are some of the management team on salaries that are too high, hell yes but Ally's and the rests contracts were signed when we were still in the SPL and with the transfer had to be carried over by law, and with the stress he has been under and at times the ONLY voice of Rangers McCoist deserves what he has gotten. it is time now though set a business plan with costs commiserate with where we are. Auchenhowie for example is a huge luxury for a 3rd division club so should we have sold it off again? of course not. The superstructure we have is set for a club playing regularly in Europe and it is a lot less expensive in the LONG run to keep it in place rather than to sell it off or abandon it, then have to rebuild it later. we all know or rather we all should know Rangers are a unique club in an unique circumstance The overheads for the next share issue is not going to be as expensive to administer,and is likely to occur in the middle of next season as we push on to getting back into the top flight in Scotland and challenge for a European spot again. The only outcome of a prolonged boycott is administration 2 which maybe is what some want, another chance to get the club for peanuts, well you had your chance and the so called Rangers men could not even scrape up the cash to become "preferred" buyers, pathetic. I contributed to the RFFF, bought shares, led a vote for my SUPPORTERS club to buy 2 season tickets (remember we are on Canada's west coast and it was unanimous), I just ordered a shit load of Rangers gear from Rangers Direct, so yes you can stick yer boycott up yer arse. The ONLY boycott I will back is one of Follow Follow, Sheep of Sons and any other so called fans group that seeks to do ANY harm to the club I was born into. I will be in Toronto in early June to celebrate the latest season and the next step back in our ascent back to the top. We claim to be Scotland's best supported club time for those noisy wee groups full of SELF serving arseholes to get behind Rangers or get the fuck out of the way.

Excellent Post and said it all for me .

All those who wish to Boycott just do it and get out of the way of Progress of our Beloved Club.

You all know who you are.

Dave King is in the Sun saying, "a boycott at this stage would certainly not be productive".

Which it wouldn't.

No shit.Really

Why listen to Dave King when you could listen to some 19 year old student (is he even a season ticket holder).....

Indeed these Kids are the Future : :( :Capitulation is their Mhantra.