Jim Sinclair

cameron1873

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 grand a week.

I think we have to get rid of this big wage culture.

I don't know how much he gets paid as someone said it is £250k ​allegedly. He may be right or not we will never know.

However, this is a position that I dont think we should be scrimping on with wages if it is for the right man. This is a job that can pay for itself multiple times over. For example Danny Wilson went to Liverpool for 2 million upfront and a potential 3 million on top of that, I dont know how much we got in the end and as I dont know the conditions of the deal. It is also conceivable to think if circumstances were different we could of got around the same for Ness, McCabe and Macloed.

I would rather pay more for the right man than less for someone that may not be as good.

All failing to make an impact at their next club after Rangers?

They weren't seen as good enough to be retained by The Rangers, albeit no one would have knocked back the money for DW now blazing a trail at ra broken herts, those three are hardly an advertisement for Auchenhowie or a justification. (tu)

At least we used a scouting network for Aird and Gasparotto!

I think i'm correct in saying Gasparotto & Aird were part of a Canadian team which were touring the UK which included a game at Auchenhowie. IIRC they beat us 5-2 and we invited 3 players for trials.The other lad had difficulty with a work permit so returned home.

Pretty sure thats how we "scouted" them but could be talking nonsense.

They weren't seen as good enough to be retained by The Rangers, albeit no one would have knocked back the money for DW now blazing a trail at ra broken herts, those three are hardly an advertisement for Auchenhowie or a justification. (tu)

We were bloody lucky to get what we did for Wilson, given how he turned out!

Ness was maybe unlucky with injury, maybe our regime didn't prepare him to stand up to the rigours enough?

These aren't any kind of endorsement for our system, at all! (tu)

We were bloody lucky to get what we did for Wilson, given how he turned out!

Ness was maybe unlucky with injury, maybe our regime didn't prepare him to stand up to the rigours enough?

These aren't any kind of endorsement for our system, at all! (tu)

To be honest i rated all three players, and feel had they stayed they would all be first team regulars with over 100 games each under their belts now.

Their loss i suppose.

To be honest i rated all three players, and feel had they stayed they would all be first team regulars with over 100 games each under their belts now.

Their loss i suppose.

Same with me (with proviso of Ness's propensity to injury) - just interesting to see how they're viewed by those who took them off our hands.

Is it an attitude thing, or are their basics (skills, fitness) simply not good enough & get found out?

Same with me (with proviso of Ness's propensity to injury) - just interesting to see how they're viewed by those who took them off our hands.

Is it an attitude thing, or are their basics (skills, fitness) simply not good enough & get found out?

Loyalty seems to be bottom of the list at Auchenhowie.

Friends of mine went to see Wednesday v Forest last season and McCabe was pretty highly rated by the Sheffield fans.Wilson was always going to struggle to establish himself at Liverpool while Ness needs to stay injury free to even have a chance at Stoke.

We seemed to have changed the term youngster. When you look back the years guys like Johnstone , Parlane , 2 Fergusons ,Durrant all broke through 16-18 . Nowadays a 21 year old is considered a youngster and we should break them in gently.

I think that's a game-wide problem - the modern player is so much more mercenary than the ones I grew up following.

Loyalty and a desire to play for The Rangers was always a prerequisite in days of yore, wonder if the young un's know how many offers the manager had before he signed for us.

We seemed to have changed the term youngster. When you look back the years guys like Johnstone , Parlane , 2 Fergusons ,Durrant all broke through 16-18 . Nowadays a 21 year old is considered a youngster and we should break them in gently.

Agree with this. DJ was playing (And scoring) in a League cup final v Celtic in front of 106,000 whilst Parlane was also playing and scoring in a Euro semi-final v Bayern in front of 81,000 at Ibrox. Ferguson and Durrant were playing derby games at the age of 17 which wouldn't happen these days.

Too many players prefer to stay at the club into their 20s whilst never being chosen, rather than go and play first team games at a lower level which would benefit them long-term imo.

Friends of mine went to see Wednesday v Forest last season and McCabe was pretty highly rated by the Sheffield fans.Wilson was always going to struggle to establish himself at Liverpool while Ness needs to stay injury free to even have a chance at Stoke.

Think McCabe did ok to start with but has dropped out of things this season (4 league appearances). Their league position & what I saw when we went in July suggests they're pretty poor & I wouldn't have expected him to be on the fringes of that side.

Loyalty and a desire to play for The Rangers was always a prerequisite in days of yore, wonder if the young un's know how many offers the manager had before he signed for us.

Changed days, I'm afraid. No amount of badge kissing will convince me other than they'd all move if they got a better offer!

I know from a youth player that he isn't liked, and if you're not part of his clique then you've no chance of making it. They all expected him to leave when Walter did but he never, much to the dismay of a lot of the youngsters.

And why would some players might not be part of the "clique" could it be that these players aren't just putting in the effort or have bad attitudes. I don't know but there is two sides to every story. From coaching at local youth level and also playing at youth level, the majority of young players look at others to blame instead of looking at themselves to change their circumstances.

I find it hard to believe that a grown man has agendas against a group of young players

And why would some players might not be part of the "clique" could it be that these players aren't just putting in the effort or have bad attitudes. I don't know but there is two sides to every story. From coaching at local youth level and also playing at youth level, the majority of young players look at others to blame instead of looking at themselves to change their circumstances.

I find it hard to believe that a grown man has agendas against a group of young players

Suppose it depends on the schools, ;)

Agree with this. DJ was playing (And scoring) in a League cup final v Celtic in front of 106,000 whilst Parlane was also playing and scoring in a Euro semi-final v Bayern in front of 81,000 at Ibrox. Ferguson and Durrant were playing derby games at the age of 17 which wouldn't happen these days.

Too many players prefer to stay at the club into their 20s whilst never being chosen, rather than go and play first team games at a lower level which would benefit them long-term imo.

I also think it has to do with the mindset of the management about being ' careful ' with their development. It's a term that hadn't been used in those days for these guys and didn't do them any harm.

So this boy I know is never off the training field, even when he's home he's down the park himself with a ball. He had scouts from a few premiership teams look at him, capped at scotland u17 and u18.

Meanwhile Darren Cole is out getting smashed every night and turning up to training hungover most mornings, yet he was part of the clique and got a chance.

This is not just one person saying this, it's been common knowledge for years and when a large percentage of your youth players feel that way then there is a problem.

So this boy I know is never off the training field, even when he's home he's down the park himself with a ball. He had scouts from a few premiership teams look at him, capped at scotland u17 and u18.

Meanwhile Darren Cole is out getting smashed every night and turning up to training hungover most mornings, yet he was part of the clique and got a chance.

This is not just one person saying this, it's been common knowledge for years and when a large percentage of your youth players feel that way then there is a problem.

Think of what you are saying here. There is a grown man who has a hidden agenda against this player for no reason other than "just because" yet nobody at the club has noticed this and seen there is a cluster of future gems just rotting away. I find that hard to believe. This boy may train hard but do you know how the rest train maybe just as hard if not harder, maybe they have better attitude or are overall just better players.

Darren cole was giving his 1st break in 2010( i think) against Bursaspor he may of been the most disciplined player back then and the most promising. You dont know. To say we have had basically an alcoholic in our team for the last 3 years is ridiculous. He has went of the rails recently and has been found out. Ffs when was the last time the guy actually played. Smashed every night and turning up to training most morning hungover doh. Where are you getting this information.

Cmon man