How many under 18 year olds have we signed in the transfer ban?

GOAT

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's little point in us signing anyone under 18 (with a view to immediate first team football) because they wouldn't get anywhere near the team. We consider people near their mid 20's as youngsters. The likes of Rory Loy, Jordan McMillan etc were kept until 23/24 with minimal first team exposure.

Andrew Little barely got a look in until about 22/23 and would have probably been punted if we didn't go into administration.

We should be playing our youngsters from 17/18/19 and getting rid if they are not up to scratch.

There's little point in us signing anyone under 18 (with a view to immediate first team football) because they wouldn't get anywhere near the team. We consider people near their mid 20's as youngsters. The likes of Rory Loy, Jordan McMillan etc were kept until 23/24 with minimal first team exposure.

Andrew Little barely got a look in until about 22/23 and would have probably been punted if we didn't go into administration.

We should be playing our youngsters from 17/18/19 and getting rid if they are not up to scratch.

Signing youngsters is exactly what we should have been doing in the last year and a half, not spunking high wages in bench warmers and fat cunts.

The fact he's playing at braga now tells me everything about standard of our coaching

Tbh mate we brought him in after he was released by Spartak, Real and Porto with question marks over his attitude. Nobody doubted his ability, just the application.

Basically what we could have done was use the IPO money for something worthwhile, get a proper coaching system set up, a proper scouting network installed, upgrade the youth facilities and starting bringing in under 18 year olds and last summer we should have just got players on loan. Instead we've spunked some amount of money on useless pish like Sandaza, Kyle, Foster, Peralta, Smith, the GK etc etc. Who knows by the time we got back to SPL we might have had a good confident young squad, and a scouting, coaching and youth system miles ahead of everyone.

What an opportunity missed.

Basically what we could have done was use the IPO money for something worthwhile, get a proper coaching system set up, a proper scouting network installed, upgrade the youth facilities and starting bringing in under 18 year olds and last summer we should have just got players on loan. Instead we've spunked some amount of money on useless pish like Sandaza, Kyle, Foster, Peralta, Smith, the GK etc etc. Who knows by the time we got back to SPL we might have had a good confident young squad, and a scouting, coaching and youth system miles ahead of everyone.

We have had an archaic infrastructure as far back as I can remember. Maybe with Wallace this might finally change?

To be honest, I'd be happy if we just started trying to pass the ball about and retain possession. We play as if we are using a rugby ball. People go on about Scottish football being shite but under both Walter and Ally we regularly got out passed by SPL teams.

I have no false hope for us to start playing DA type football again, but I think we should always play watchable football. I don't think that is too much to ask for. I find watching us a real chore at the moment. It's depressing.

Imagine the money we would have saved if we hadn't signed Sandaza, Kyle, Faure, Peralta, Foster, Smith, Simonsen, Cribiri etc and instead signed one or two freebies, and a few loan signings and scouted under 18 year olds and started blooding them in. If we got the right players in and the right people in, we'd have money in the bank and a young exciting squad getting experience. Let's face it we're going to stroll it back to the SPL, but we could have done it so much cheaper and actually built something on the way. Who's going to be good enough to make our SPL squad in 18 months?

First team: Wallace and maybe Macleod.

squad players: Black, Law, Templeton and sheils.

So we're going to have to sign a brand new team, basically we're going to buy the league. It's just so frustrating.

I mean we played against a 18 year old (at the time) four times last season who's now on the verge of being an Everton player. It's shameless and shocking we didn't spot this guys talent before a two bob outfit like Dundee Hibs.

Barrie Mc Kay gave us hope being a stand out in the lowest league

and showing real talent that was great to watch.

We had a real talent that excited us in div 3

He got injured and ally ditched him like a wasp.

That action alone showed that rangers had not moved forward

instead we have a boring team to watch that wins games but offers little

and fraser aird has to battle with a full-back from his own team on the left hand side

A team full of hungry, imaginary 18 year old's all sounds rather lovely but a bit unrealistic considering we have no scouting system, an almost continual boardroom war and the most impatient support base in Britain demanding three straight promotions.

Why don't you try reading the fucking thread.

A team full of hungry, imaginary 18 year old's all sounds rather lovely but a bit unrealistic considering we have no scouting system, an almost continual boardroom war and the most impatient support base in Britain demanding three straight promotions.

How impatient of us wanting three straight promotions against dross with us having nth times more resources. How very dare us. Yet we continue to go week in week out to watch dreadful football year in year out.

How impatient of us wanting three straight promotions against dross with us having nth times more resources. How very dare us. Yet we continue to go week in week out to watch dreadful football year in year out.

Yet today, as usual, when the ball is being played on the floor you get half the crowd moaning we aren't getting the ball forward quickly enough.

The lack of respect for the opposition is embarrassing and demonstrates a poor level of understanding about the game. Yes the players we have are, generally, better than those we face but calling them 'dross' is nonsense.

We will, almost certainly, get 3 straight promotions. Whether we would do this with a bunch of youngsters is debatable. Ask Hearts how thats working for them or is it expected that all our 18 year olds are of Januzajs standard?

I mean we played against a 18 year old (at the time) four times last season who's now on the verge of being an Everton player. It's shameless and shocking we didn't spot this guys talent before a two bob outfit like Dundee Hibs.

We need to hire scouts. I have absolutely no clue why it wasnt priority number 1 under Green - and I'm praying the current board are making their moves regarding hiring some scouts

There's no doubt that the previous board had some serious failings with regards budgeting and bothering their arse to set up any kind of infrastructure

I think your reading comprehension could do with a bit more patience.