3 Spurs fans charged with ‘racially aggravated’ Offences - against own team!

paisleyroad

3 Spurs fans charged with ‘racially aggravated’ offences by using the 'yid' word.

supporters were told in early October that they risked warnings or arrest for using the word ‘Yid’, even if it was in the context of supporting their own team

Does this mean our neighbours across the city could face the same charges?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2543402/Saddened-not-surprised-Spurs-fans-trust-disappointed-three-charged-using-Y-word.html#ixzz2r4J4vZ19

Ridiculous to charge spurs fans with using the yid moniker

political correctness and jewish arrogance all rolled into one big ball of dung

a jewish spurs fan has to step forward and use the yid word...i mean can you arrest a jew for calling himself a yid?

its all so ridiculous

Ridiculous to charge spurs fans with using the yid moniker

political correctness and jewish arrogance all rolled into one big ball of dung

a jewish spurs fan has to step forward and use the yid word...i mean can you arrest a jew for calling himself a yid?

its all so ridiculous

Not sure why it's any moire ridiculous to charge spurs fans than any other fans? Why should they be any different?

http://www.scotsman.com/news/comment-law-must-focus-on-actions-not-words-1-3271525

Saw this article earlier on. It was spot on in my opinion. Political incorrectness is bullshit. Anyone getting offended by the usage of Yid here need to have a fucking look at themselves. I guess I could understand if it was being used in a derogatory sense, but this is plainly not the case here. Even if it was, why do they give a fuck? It's only fucking words.

From the article:

"Radicals of the 1980s have helped this process by giving up on campaigns for social equality and shifting their attention to the need to police incorrect words"

http://www.scotsman....words-1-3271525

Saw this article earlier on. It was spot on in my opinion. Political incorrectness is bullshit. Anyone getting offended by the usage of Yid here need to have a fucking look at themselves. I guess I could understand if it was being used in a derogatory sense, but this is plainly not the case here. Even if it was, why do they give a fuck? It's only fucking words.

From the article:

"Radicals of the 1980s have helped this process by giving up on campaigns for social equality and shifting their attention to the need to police incorrect words"

exactly

people are getting way too precious

I think it is a reflection of how gay the west has become, all wrapped up in cotton wool and getting offended by anything and everything

yids ffs it is part of spurs fan cutlure nothing more nothing less

I remember, just before the FA cup final of 1981, between Man City, & Spurs, the City fans had a song, based on the Spurs FA Cup song "Ossie's On His Way To Wembley" which went like this............."Spurs are on their way to Belsen, Hitler's gonna gas 'em again, we can't stop 'em, the yids from Tottenham, the yids from White Hart Lane" which was deemed funny, at the time, however, you'd get jailed for singing it these days. I think that this is a lot worse than "The Billy Boys" or "The Famine Song" PC gone mad????

The word 'Yid' means 'Jew' in Yiddish.

Wow. That's really fucking offensive.

It actually originates from a Nordic language (Middle High German, to be precise) and is an interpretation of the word 'Jude.' No-one at all seems to be offended is it is prounced 'Yeed.'

So... altogether now Spurs fans: "YID ARMY! YID ARMY!" (pronounced: Yeed Armeeeeeh)

And can I just add that David Baddiel does my fucking loaf in these days.

The word 'Yid' means 'Jew' in Yiddish.

Wow. That's really fucking offensive.

It actually originates from a Nordic language (Middle High German, to be precise) and is an interpretation of the word 'Jude.' No-one at all seems to be offended is it is prounced 'Yeed.'

So... altogether now Spurs fans: "YID ARMY! YID ARMY!" (pronounced: Yeed Armeeeeeh)

And can I just add that David Baddiel does my fucking loaf in these days.

And Fenian is an anglicisation of the Irish gaelic Fianna, a word for bands of warriors in ancient Ireland and Scotland, which was appropriated by Irish Republican groups in the 19th century. Really not that offensive a word. And even if it was, at the end of the day it's just that. A word.

People are too sensitive these days.

And Fenian is an anglicisation of the Irish gaelic Fianna, a word for bands of warriors in ancient Ireland and Scotland, which was appropriated by Irish Republican groups in the 19th century. Really not that offensive a word. And even if it was, at the end of the day it's just that. A word.

People are too sensitive these days.

(tu)