North Rd

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A controlling interest is defined by the Takeover Panel as 30%. But if he reaches that level, he is then obliged to offer to buy the remaining 70% of the shares.

So why doesn't he buy his mate Paul Murray's backers shares, I am sure since they was against the board would be keen to sell there shares

Have you had any communication at all from the Rangers board since your offer to invest after the AGM?

'None at all.'

Utterly bizarre and in need of comment.

It has been comented on, more than once.

Wallace wants the business running at a decent level of expenses vs turnover, and once he has achieved that THEN he will go looking for investment.

AFAIK, nobody at all has been contacted regarding future investment, because we are not at that point in Wallaces 120 day plan.

Almost everyone to a man have said that the wages ee pay, and the money we spend is not realistic for the division we are in, but now that DK comes out and says we should be investing, and spending, people are agreeing with that all of a sudden.

I want the business running correctly and sustainably, and only at that point, do I want more money spent on the team.

Our plan is to maintain a playing wage bill in region of 6-7 m. Wallace said out current bill is too high for the top division. Can we win the league on that sort of budget? Resounding NO! We need to wake up to the fact we require funds beyond what we will naturally generate in the next couple of years.

Can you point out where ANYONE on this site has said we will not need investment going forward?

Why is he constantly telling us what we already know should be happening? What is the point?

Why is he waiting on the board getting in contact with him? If i had his money i would be on the phone or on the 1st flight back and standing at the front door at Ibrox meeting with Wallace.

They both sound subborn to me Kings not contacting Wallace and Wallace isn't making the 1st move either.

Some times you wonder what the fuck these cunts are playing at?

Why is he constantly telling us what we already know should be happening? What is the point?

Why is he waiting on the board getting in contact with him? If i had his money i would be on the phone or on the 1st flight back and standing at the front door at Ibrox meeting with Wallace.

Wallace isnt the problem...........

For all those who think DK should just buy the club, how do you suppose he could achieve this?

Would it not be far more sensible (from his point of view) to wait until there is a new share issue?

If he wants a say right away then buying us out is the only option.

Buy yes, I agree, his best bet is to wait till there is a share issue, and until then he should shut up and let the board get on with the job they are paid to do.

I think he might be in for a shock if he waits on a share issue though, I don;t see these institutional investors giving up on their percentage of shareholding tooeasily, and think they will probably throw some more money into the pot on a new share issue, ( and they WILL be the first ones asked, whether people like it or not) Dave King can buy whats left ( if any).

It has been comented on, more than once.

Wallace wants the business running at a decent level of expenses vs turnover, and once he has achieved that THEN he will go looking for investment.

AFAIK, nobody at all has been contacted regarding future investment, because we are not at that point in Wallaces 120 day plan.

Almost everyone to a man have said that the wages ee pay, and the money we spend is not realistic for the division we are in, but now that DK comes out and says we should be investing, and spending, people are agreeing with that all of a sudden.

I want the business running correctly and sustainably, and only at that point, do I want more money spent on the team.

I don't think that adresses the issue anywhere near closely enough.

Dave King should be the judge of when he invests and to what level. I find in absurd to think he would not be able to conduct his own cost cutting/review exercise or exsist alongside the current one.

Here is a mental crazy idea, buy the club and show us what you would want to do, otherwise shut up.

here's an even crazier one. Instead of lining the pockets of Laxey with his investment. why doesn't he wait for the new share issue and his money will go to the club

Most of them bought at 70p. What do you think they would be happy to sell them for?

I asked you the question, it is the exact same as the shareholders that backed the board they bought shares at 70p so why would they be willing to lose a anything. If another share offer was to happen, also why would they be willing to let the club value drop more and not invest, if they have to part with money to keep the club in the up then they would. But the whole time you are driven by an agenda and what seems like a hatred all cause Paul Murray didn't get in,, what exactly would he be doing that is different from the current board. Cause no point in seeking investment before the losses are cut otherwise within 12-18 be back at this exact point again of the losses be at the same level again and seeking more investment

here's an even crazier one. Instead of lining the pockets of Laxey with his investment. why doesn't he wait for the new share issue and his money will go to the club

It's cause the investors currently involved in rangers would get first choice on any new share issue so there percentage doesn't get diluted, then any shares left would he offered to any new investor, so in that reasoning Dave king could still not get any shares

(tu) well until then, he should stop giving interviews about us, and fanning the flames.

Like I said, I don't think he will get a chance to buy that much during the next share issue either, as the current lot will want to protect their investment.

I don't think that adresses the issue anywhere near closely enough.

Dave King should be the judge of when he invests and to what level. I find in absurd to think he would not be able to conduct his own cost cutting/review exercise or exsist alongside the current one.

totally agree with this.

If he wants to invest right now all he has to do is go to the board with a contract stating "here is 20 million poounds that has to be invested into the club....these are the stipulations to my investment..... a) x amount for playing squad only. b) x amount for scouting only.. etc." That way we get the immediate investment he is so sure we need.

If he want to gain control, then he has to buy out the current shareholders, it's that damn simple.Dave king wants a slice of Rangers for his money ( and I don't blame him) so lets stop saying that he only wants to invest because he is a Rangers man etc. He wants a slice of the pie, if he didn't he would just invest the money under the conditions i talked about previously.

I think you did, fairly obviously, infer/suggest it - I was being obtuse.

On you second point, Dave King need do no such thing, privately or publicly.

You are and were obviously wrong. (tu)

He only needs such clearance if he wants a place on the board. If he wants to invest and say 'recommend' someone to sit on the board, then he needs no clearance.

It goes without saying that Dave will need no tuition on any and all available dodges however legal they may be.

So what happens if GW was naive enough to publicly court an unsanctioned suitor and take his money, maybe the SFA and rhegan/liewell in their wisdom will put two and two together and get four with all the sanctions they would like to visit upon The Rangers, even the most serious of all.

You take the chance I and countless others will stick to the easy option.

totally agree with this.

If he wants to invest right now all he has to do is go to the board with a contract stating "here is 20 million poounds that has to be invested into the club....these are the stipulations to my investment..... a) x amount for playing squad only. b) x amount for scouting only.. etc." That way we get the immediate investment he is so sure we need.

If he want to gain control, then he has to buy out the current shareholders, it's that damn simple.Dave king wants a slice of Rangers for his money ( and I don't blame him) so lets stop saying that he only wants to invest because he is a Rangers man etc. He wants a slice of the pie, if he didn't he would just invest the money under the conditions i talked about previously.

He wants control at some juncture.

He wanted to take the first step several months ago - Then silence.

GW and his 120 plan does not convince me that he is doing anything other than buying time - For what reason I don't know.

'It’s an issue relating to the board who should be having a rights issue – and that could mean the existing guys putting the money in if they want.

That bit concerns me, he's more or less saying, apart from GW, that the rest of the board are pretty useless!

You are and were obviously wrong. (tu)

It goes without saying that Dave will need no tuition on any and all available dodges however legal they may be.

So what happens if GW was naive enough to publicly court an unsanctioned suitor and take his money, maybe the SFA and rhegan/liewell in their wisdom will put two and two together and get four with all the sanctions they would like to visit upon The Rangers, even the most serious of all.

You take the chance I and countless others will stick to the easy option.

Didnt say i supported king doing this, only that it coukd be done. Dont think it infringes on any SFA rules as far as I am aware, so dont see what action the authorities could take to be honest.

I do quite like King and would be open to him investing in the future. But I must say that wallace has impressed me so far, albeit i did not like the way the proposed player wage cut was handled, even though i agree with the sentiment.

Am willing to give wallace a chance, but would be keen for him to reach out for help if the reductions in cost are not sufficient to ward off any financial problems. If he can handle it without reaching out, then even better.