Derek Johnstone: Blind faith won't be enough for Rangers fans, club need to sho

Bothwellbear

"But supporters are entitled to ask questions about the future, and whether investment will be coming in......

As I say, I think there has to be fresh investment.

But the vast majority of Rangers fans - and I include myself in this number - do not understand or have any interest in the financial side of the club. "

So we are entitled to ask about investments, DJ HAS an opinion on investment, but don't have any interest in the financial issues involving the club.

Contradictory nonsense from DJ. Now more than ever we do have an interest,and importantly transparency.

DJ really does irk me with some nonsense he spouts and when he doesn't use his platform on RC to defend us or merely get facts out there.

Mr take take take ! Lived off us for literally centuries with his punditry and to my knowledge never seen him put his hands into his pocket and dig deep to help the Gers. Sooks up to his RC pals big time and sits back chuckling cracking crap jokes when the knives were going in big time. Sick of these ex-players and their wise opinions! Him and Bazza take as much as they can living off the club's name.

There's a lot of money being wasted at our club, not least the wages for players that neither take part and probably never will. Get rid of them and replace them with a few decent players, bring on a few youths and we have plenty to get ourselves into the SPFL over the next 2 years.

Remember, ticket prices will increase next year, no?

And if there is another share issue, don't have it just before Christmas.

I doubt that there is a Club in the world that doesn't have players on their wages bill that they don't want but can't get rid of...look at Alan Hutton at Aston Villa.It is just another part of football.

The current team is easily good enough to win the championship next season.

I agree that it is good enough to win the championship.

But there is still some tinkering that could be done.

I think we need a new RB ( after getting shot of foster) i am happy with steven smith as back up to Wallace right now.

I think we need a new CB, and one new striker.

If we can get all that at no extra cost then happy fucking days.

I really don't see why he thinks we need new players next season.....

Would you not strengthen at RB ?

I suspect we will lose a few and bring in one or two. Cribari will go, Wallace might attract offers - is simonsen not on a one year contract ? and keeping the squad fresh is never a bad thing ?

Christ sake.

I assume you see us as underdogs in the Ramsdens Cup final then? :lol:

Yes I do actualy... Look at the facts..... we ARE the LOWER league club... Raith have been to Easter Rd and won this season..., Raith are also still in the Scottish Cup just like us... I know the bookies will make us favourites but this game is not a forgone conclusion like some think , I think we will win but I expect a close hard fought game.

Actually a striker might not be that important right now. We have Clark coming back from injury and Little, and sheils is playin well again.

get real Clark and Little are not good enough both are a long way short of the standard we require while Shiels is injury prone in fact all 3 are if you look back at their previous history ..

Yes I do actualy... Look at the facts..... we ARE the LOWER league club... Raith have been to Easter Rd and won this season..., Raith are also still in the Scottish Cup just like us... I know the bookies will make us favourites but this game is not a forgone conclusion like some think , I think we will win but I expect a close hard fought game.

I might be wrong here, but I don't think we have lost to a team playing in the 1st division since we got demoted to the bottom tier, and we have played a few.

get real Clark and Little are not good enough both are a long way short of the standard we require while Shiels is injury prone in fact all 3 are if you look back at their previous history ..

Little was good enough to score 11 goals in one season in the top flight.

Clark is a young lad with bags of potential.

Totally agree with DJ all we want is a team on the park strong enough to win the championship next season as the current line up is nowhere near strong enough to win it , and I also believe we should only be looking at bosmans at this time , however there needs to be major investment on the playing side when we return to the SPFL of at least 10m for the standard of player who will be required

To be fair I also want to see the club ran better.. Us fans will always be businessmen now due to our past. We can no longer sit back n worry just about on field matters..Sad I know but that's how it is.

Little was good enough to score 11 goals in one season in the top flight.

Clark is a young lad with bags of potential.

Little 11 goals ....my god is that a return you expect from a Rangers striker????

Clark is 23 almost 24!!! HARDLY YOUNG.....he got a move to us on the stregth of 1 and i repeat 1 excellent season at Q of the S , This happens from time to time one of my best mates scored over 40 goals one season at Stranraer got a move to Jim Mcleans Dundee U and flopped and played out the rest of his days at Ayr and Clyde.... I have seen nothing in Clark to suggest he wont be yet another 1 season wonder...no pace, no strength and no goals(or very few) this season so far remember he has already been at other clubs and failed to impress

In the Ramsden's final

Walking the League

In Scottish Cup quarters with a very good chance of the Semi-finals.

Aye, we have no chance of winning the Championship.

Bell

Wallace

Law

Aird

Templeton

Shiels

Daly

Black

MacLeod

8 players in my opinion who are too good for the Championship - and there are a few more you could easily add to that in my opinion. We will win it, and with a bit to spare.

yes but Raith are also in the Ramsden final and are also in the Scottish quarter final after winning at Eater Rd (who have we beat to get there?) and are playing in a higher league!!! We cannot take anything for granted we are nowhere near the standard we one were and need major investment to get back to where we were.

I have seen nothing in Clark to suggest he wont be yet another 1 season wonder...no pace, no strength and no goals(or very few) this season so far remember he has already been at other clubs and failed to impress

I never judge a player on his first season with us, i remember Hateley when he joined us, he couldny kick his own arse in his first season but turned out to be top drawer for us, Black last season to this season also, Im all for giving players a second season to prove themselves then if not up to it move them on.

I think we need a new RB ( after getting shot of foster) i am happy with steven smith as back up to Wallace right now.

Oh yeah, if it's financially viable and the right players come up I would have no problem with some coming in.

I just think it's absolutely ludicrous that somebody is trying to argue that we need 10 million pounds worth of investment to win the Scottish championship.

Oh yeah, if it's financially viable and the right players come up I would have no problem with some coming in.

I just think it's absolutely ludicrous that somebody is trying to argue that we need 10 million pounds worth of investment to win the Scottish championship.

nothing close to 10m lol.

Agree wi all this (tu)

We have a 7 million odd wage bill, I doubt Raith and the first division teams have that combined.

We're only the lower league club in name.

i really do dispair with some our fans....the current team is not good enough to win the championship it is another big step up in class , remember we cannot just hope we are good enough to in this league , we simply must win it!.... ,we have no right full back, a bombscare, and an over the hill forward/midfielder beside him in the centre of defence, lack creativity in midfield and lack a poacher type up front , thats 5 areas that need to be looked at !

This squad is more than capable of winning the championship ffs

read my post. i never said we need 10m to win the championship!!! i said we only need a few bosmans however what i did say is we will need around 10m investment to challenge for the SPFL !!!

DJ was one of my boyhood idols, but I would prefer not to hear any of these heroes from our past comment on us, to be honest.

He burns away more of his legacy every time he sits and says nothing, as some rabid tim is allowed to spout filth and lies about us on Snyde Radio.

I prefer not to pay too much attention to what he says these days, which is sad.

Too many of our ex players are blinded by an old pals act and don't really know enough about the subjects they comment on.