If you would make one change in our dream team what would it be?

Muirheadbear

RDB had one great season- a legend that does not make. Gazza was sensational and carried us through OF games and league wins. The Aberdeen 8 in a row game, quality solo goals in Europe, countless outstanding games against them - and he absolutely loved it here. RDB is nowhere near that IMO

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Butcher out Davie Weir in just because the guys either side of him would still benefit from his experience.

Really. You would remove the former England captain who played for a Rest of the World team after the World Cup because Gough Jardine and Greig would benefit from Weirs' experience. I hope you're having a laugh...

RDB was a class player, but Gazza was one of the greatest players of his generation- perhaps the greatest.

All opinions though.

He was one of the only ones I felt able to change, and had a replacement for :lol:

hateley for mols is another good shout.

the rest I couldn't replace.

Right fuck all this board battle pish.

Right our dream team (as voted by the fans) is as follows-

Goram

Jardine

Greig

Gough

Butcher

Baxter

Gascoigne

Laudrup

Cooper

Hateley

McCoist

I'm sure there are many forum members who voted slightly differently e.g. Johnstone instead of Hateley etc

Let's call it a substitution for respectful reasons but if there was one change in that above team who would go in and who would come out, and why?

Remove Hately for Jimmy Smith

Jimmy scored more goals for the club than any other Rangers player (including McCoist) however many were not counted as during the war, at 6'2' and 15 stone the guy was a battering ram, Smith & Mccoist in thier prime would be the best ever footballing pairing IMO......and Smith was my Grans Uncle :)

loved Paul playing for the Gers, he was without doubt a magician, the game against the sheep when we clinched no 8 was him at his absolute best - and he did give us his best.

Here's the thing though and this is purely opinion, the reason why I would consider other players before him in the legend stakes was that Paul, tragically. only ever played at 70% of his true potential and ability due to his off field issues. IMO there are players who while yes, may be lesser in terms of ability gave 100% of what they had every time they pulled on the shirt and who embodied what we stand for in terms of work ethic and commitment and professionalism IMO, more than Paul.

not out to be controversial, just my opinion and it doesn't detract from the joy Paul gave me on many occasions. my own fave was the goal v the bheasts when he started the move in our pen box and after helping spray it wide ran the whole length of the pitch to get on a perfect pass score a well placed header, brilliant team goal with Paul the inspiration and executioner.

As much as I loved RDB if we were to do an Ajax 11 he would be in but not a Rangers 11, he was a class player but when he came to us his best days had been if he was still playing the way he did for Ajax then putting him in would have been a must.