Our midfield yesterday

stewaj3

Was it just me or were we a lot better? We moved it about the park and made the ball do the work, which is what we should do every week?

I think ian black was man of the match by a mile, I also think Wallace apart, he's been up there as one of our best players this season. I think he has a good footballing brain and I think he deserves more credit than he gets.

I thought kyle Hutton helped and although he didn't do anything spectacular, where he was on the pitch allowed us to control the game. I think if he is ever going to make it though he needs to offer more going forward, not just break up play and pass the ball sideways and back the way. I do think black and law had more freedom going forward because he played.

Nicky law to me was one that I thought this was a big chance but I don't think he did as much as he could have... However I don't know if part of that was down to he people beside him, daly isn't mobile enough, Gallagher and aird are kids and still have a lot to learn.

I really thought tactically we seemed to dominate them from start to finish and that's how it should be. That said it was a marked improvement on some of our games recently.

Was it just me or were we a lot better? We moved it about the park and made the ball do the work, which is what we should do every week?

I think ian black was man of the match by a mile, I also think Wallace apart, he's been up there as one of our best players this season. I think he has a good footballing brain and I think he deserves more credit than he gets.

I thought kyle Hutton helped and although he didn't do anything spectacular, where he was on the pitch allowed us to control the game. I think if he is ever going to make it though he needs to offer more going forward, not just break up play and pass the ball sideways and back the way. I do think black and law had more freedom going forward because he played.

Nicky law to me was one that I thought this was a big chance but I don't think he did as much as he could have... However I don't know if part of that was down to he people beside him, daly isn't mobile enough, Gallagher and aird are kids and still have a lot to learn.

I really thought tactically we seemed to dominate them from start to finish and that's how it should be. That said it was a marked improvement on some of our games recently.

Can't disagree with any of that although I do think Lewis MacLeod is badly missed.

Law is a lazy and unambitious player who just coasts. If cost cutting demands it, he and Shiels would be straight on the transfer list for me.

Black and Hutton played well because Albion were even further back than that.

They never pressed either of these players so they casually flicked the ball around under no pressure.

The flip side of that was finding room to get behind them. Have you ever seen lee Waalace so quiet.

It was their formation that made them look good and Wallace quiet.

No need to go overboard either way tbh.

Personally find the midfield way too slow. No drive, no decisive passing.

Black and Hutton were ok but I find them both to be quite boring players that don't do anything special. Law was his usual of late self. Ally's played him in the middle then he tried him further forward playing off the striker and he's been equally poor in both.

Nicky Law was utter gash throughout the game yesterday, and has been for the last 3-4 months. He looks half the player we saw at the start of the season.

It pisses me off just how back the way he has went as at the start was brilliant and bossed the midfield. I think against scumdee we may just see that player again as he is probably fed up with pish refs, opposition and watching the ball fly over his head.

Midfield kept the ball well, but we were playing Albion Rovers who made no attempt to put pressure on the ball anywhere further than 25 yards outside their box.

The tempo set by Hutton and Black was too slow and predictable. Neither played badly, but neither did anything of note creatively. Law never received the ball quick enough for me, but to be honest when he did he did nothing special. Not good enough for us long term.

Hutton and Black do not work as a pair, one or the other.

Hurry back Lewis Macleod! ?

To be fair to Nicky Law he was playing at the sharp end of our midfield for most of the game which meant that he was surrounded by the opposition with one of them continuously man marking him with another two ready to back him up.

It's not easy to produce fluent football when there's no room to play in.

Nicky Law was utter gash throughout the game yesterday, and has been for the last 3-4 months. He looks half the player we saw at the start of the season.

Unfortunately I think our coaching is having an effect on him (a negative one). He looked a quality player when he came in.