Our Left backs

I loved watching Robertson's Gazza like runs up the park from defense it was brilliant. Numan was a class player too. Papac was a rock for us and did just as much for our defense as Davie Weir did but gets very little credit.

My favorite however is probably Lee Wallace. He's a solid defender and a real threat going forward. The best left-back in this country without question. I still which we had got Ryan McGowan because our full-back would have been a joy to watch.

can anyone remember big davie provan,decent left back?

Davie Provan was very decent left back. I never saw him play a bad game, but his mobility and positional sense were not quite up to the standard of Eric Caldows but nevertheless a very good player.

Caldow, Cox (who redifined how the position should be played), Numan, Munro Wallace Robertson Papac Mathieson Provan in that order. Right backs? the best I ever saw anywhere was Sandy Jardine and he was world class

We've had some great left backs over the years. For me I agree with you and it's Stuart Munro. A bargain signing who combined fantastically well with the late great Davie Cooper.

Was at a loose end one midweek night in mid 1980s and ended up going over to Hamilton with a friend to watch them play Alloa. Jock Wallace was sitting in the stand just along from us. Alloa had a blonde left winger playing for them who played out of his skin that night. We signed him (Stuart Munro) the next day.