PC Advice

The Blue Ranger

I'm looking to get a new computer for college work mainly, but will be used for gaming too. I'm looking for something quite high end that will cope with the high demands of Auto CAD and I've found this machine. To me, it's good but the graphics could do with a bit of an upgrade. What do yous think?

http://www.cclonline.com/product/151825/NoMfgCode/All-CCL-Desktops/CCL-Firestorm-Spark-III-Workstation/CCL-WS-SPK3/

1. Get core i7 of Intel - AMD sux

2. At least 16GB RAM

3. Get SSD for the OS only and then additional HDD for data storage

4. Video for gaming I suggest ATI chipsets, for photoshop and etc GForce so you pick

And yea do not go for premade shit just build your own combo, if you need help shoot out here

2. At least 16GB RAM

4. Video for gaming I suggest ATI chipsets, for photoshop and etc GForce so you pick

And yea do not go for premade shit just build your own combo, if you need help shoot out here

Whoa whoa whoa. Slow down. AMD sux? An Intel i7 a great recommendation but the guy is only looking for a PC for college work and gaming, given that an i7 may be the wrong choice.

2. At least 16GB RAM

If you can afford all that then on you go but 16gig of RAM isn't really needed yet but no less than 4, unless you have money to burn don't waste it on an SSD as the extra money would be better spent elsewhere, at present SSD are overpriced and have little storage, with the CPU Intel have taken a lead but there is still good AMD cpu's out there but IMHO go with Intell, fir the Vid card with most it comes down to personal preference with AMD and Nvidia, I'm a fanboy of neither and I'm pretty easy with either brand, "Video for gaming I suggest ATI chipsets, for photoshop and etc GForce so you pick" unless you are planning to apend big on a Card which is aimed at Auto CAD then it won't make any difference between the 2 brands.